276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I Need a New Bum! (The New Bum Series)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But in positioning the act of reading a book as a violation of ethics, the district is implying that any educator could be terminated under similar circumstances, whenever an anonymous source feels a book read to students is ‘inappropriate’ for any reason. Certainly, the book in question is meant to be humorous for a young audience, and fellow educators might reasonably question if it was the optimal choice for this particular occasion,” the organization said.

I Need a New Butt! by Dawn McMillan | Goodreads

I wasn't really sure how the book would be able to pull off being funny without being gross, but it was able to do so. I actually liked the different types of butts he considered, especially the arty-farty butt. I found myself laughing a few times and my infant son seemed to enjoy it too as he laughed a couple of times, although I'm not sure if he was laughing at the drawings or at the verses. In I Need a New Butt!, a little boy thinks he broke his butt so he starts thinking of what kind of replacement butt he should have. The ending, I was wondering how it would go, butt I definitely hadn’t seen that one coming. It is a good ending! This is the kind of book that can engage kids into reading books. The illustrations are colourful, relevant to the text, and funny. The story itself is the right level of sillyness and playfulness that you want in a kids book. Not surprisingly it abounds in bum and fart jokes, and even has some bum puns. Admittedly, the text may not earn the author a spot in Poet's Corner, but then again, this is not supposed to be high poetry.

Goodreads review link: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/999476413 Blog review link (scheduled Sept 17): http://thebookshelfgargoyle.wordpress.com/2014/09/16/a-cheeky-read-it-if-review-i-need-a-new-butt/ How rude!” That’s the kind of response Dawn McMillan’s I New A New Butt is bound to get from some moms and dads. McMillan’s popular story was first published in New Zealand under the more polite title “I Need a New Bum.” This quirky little picture book may not be a guide to manners, but it’s a far cry from crude. Like it or not, you’ll be hard pressed to keep from smiling! In a letter to Price, the superintendent reportedly called the book “inappropriate”, pointing to references to flatulence and noting that it “described butts in various colors, shapes and sizes (example: fireproof, bullet proof, bomb proof)”. Please be aware that the delivery time frame may vary according to the area of delivery - the approximate delivery time is usually between 1-2 business days.

I Need A New Bum! | BookTrust I Need A New Bum! | BookTrust

Come and see us sometime. Bring your swimming gear and your fishing rods. If you let me know you’re coming I’ll make you some hokey-pokey biscuits. For full transparency, I didn't read this book. Instead, I watched a video where it was read aloud for a kid based target audience. To be completely honest, it made me smile and I watched the video several times. Neither Martin nor members of the school board immediately responded to Guardian requests for comment.Did I want to be in the New York Times one day? Yes! For my kids book, comics, or Grog the Zombie videos. But here we are… https://t.co/eyvhSXRx6o— Toby Price (@jedipadmaster) March 12, 2022 All in all, this book is just fantastic. Let’s stop banning books and just have fun again. Let kids read and be read aloud to whatever they want. If they want butts, then go for it! Recommended! I can assure you right now that your kids will love this book. Anything irreverent concerning body parts or body sounds are always a hit with kids. They will giggle, they will laugh and they will want this book to be read over and over again because it is just plain silly and funny....the perfect kid-combo.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment