276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Stay-at-Home Mother: A completely addictive psychological thriller packed with jaw-dropping twists

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Omg! Omg… My son came in and asked me who I was yelling at?! (I was yelling at my e-reader)… LOL, my heart is still beating crazy!… OK, I have to go now. I need a big glass of wine to calm down!’Ana's Attic Guest Reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Well I never saw the twist until I went HUH! I identified with all the well rounded characters so brilliantly narrated! I wanted to hurry to the end, but also didn’t want to come to the end of the book,

I read this book in one sitting… Absolutely gripping all the way through and so many twists that I felt like I had whiplash.’ Goodreads reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Andrea is rightly bitter about her losses, but ready for a fresh start. How can you be sure Terry won’t play again? Because of this, Andrea has trust issues, but by befriending a neighbor named Gabby, she breaks down some of those walls. Gabby is older than Andrea, has a teenage son who lives at home and a husband who travels most of the time. Gabby seems to have everything under control. Her house is immaculate, her sandwiches are delicious, she’s good with children… Across the road, Gabby watched the new arrivals moving in and pondered what renovations they would soon be undertaking as the house was in dire need of renovating. I mean, why else did they pay such an exorbitant amount for the property if they didn't have plans for it? But that isn't her concern. What captured her attention was the little boy and the tired look on the heavily pregnant mother's face. What she needed was a friend. And Gabby decided that she would be that friend. After all, she needs one too. Dealing with all she had to deal with on a daily basis with her son Flynn that left her in tears, a friend is something she longed for to confide in. Of course, she has her Facebook mother's advice forum she runs but they aren't "real" friends, are they? We have more than most people do,’ Terry said last night and she wanted to agree with him because everything will be easier if she can just convince herself of this. But she is struggling, especially when she looks at the grocery bill after a big shop or reads about electricity prices going up or glances around the house she now lives in.

I would recommend this book to the fans of the above as well as fans of Lisa Jewell, 'The Wife Between Us', Liane Moriarty, Adele Parksanyone who has read any of Nicole's previous books AND YOU, YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR FAMILY AND JUST EVERYONE!!! . This novel consists of a prologue, 34 chapters and 2 epilogues. The chapters are short to medium in length so easy to read 'just one more chapter' before bed...OK, I know yeah right, but still just in case! Her chest tightens, her heart speeding up. The kitchen is chaos. She steps on something hard, and looks down. Toy dinosaurs are scattered everywhere. But her son is nowhere - her baby boy is gone. The police arrive. She can't look at her husband, she studies the network of lines on her shaking hands. Then her phone beeps with a voice message. "Listen to it on speaker" says the detective. A woman's voice fills the air.... The wind whips around the house, scattering soggy brown leaves as the car idles in front of her house, the engine growling with menace in the dark. Andrea’s pulse pounds in her throat, making it hard to swallow. Absolutely amazing!… So so good with so many twists and surprises. I could not put it down and read it in 24 hours!’ Goodreads reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

We have Andrea, heavily pregnant and already a mother of an active three-year-old boy. Money issues caused by her secretive husband have resulted in them in heavily in debt and moving to a run-down house in a new neighbourhood. Andrea seems both physically and emotionally exhausted. She is befriended by a neighbour from a lovely home who writes an advice column for mothers with many appreciative followers. good story. found myself wanting to have to stop the story at times, but had to get on with other parts of my life. Best thriller I’ve heard in 2021. Utterly absorbing and gripping. A truly brilliantly written book. The synopsis had me hooked, and while it took a while to become actually relevant to the story, I think it was a wonderfully intriguing start. WOW, what did I just read?? I am still trying to process this book, and that ending… What?!?!… I couldn’t put it down… The twists that kept coming were jaw-dropping.’ @leads2goodreads, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment