276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Keep It in the Family

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thrillers tend to have unlikeable characters. Here, except for Mia (with exceptions again), the rest are pretty much unlikable. DC Mark is cool, though (he has very limited space in the book and is not explored at all). I like John Marrs, mostly, as an author. The One and Passengers are really great, and I loved What Lies Between Us so much. The reason I gave it 4.5 stars (rounded down) was strictly due to the couple things that I felt were unbelievable. I mean the whole story is absolutely CRAZY but was so well written that you just wanted to keep reading, so for that alone it deserves the 4.5 stars!! This is the 3rd book I’ve read by John Marrs and he is a fantastic author!!!!

Anyways, I'm going to cut myself off. It's one star. I HIGHLY recommend The Good Samaritan. An absolutely unhinged banger of a psychological thriller. It truly puts the psycho in psychological. Thank you, NEXT. So Marr's is known for some really dark psychological thrillers. I've read two previously - "The Good Samaritan" and "What Lies Between Us" - and loved them despite how dark and twisted they were. But this one takes things to a whole new level of disturbing. I think it's the type of victim in this story that makes it all the more chilling. Don't worry, it's not graphic. Just...chilling.John Marrs novel are never predictable, because every novel is very different to the previous but it’s his ability to create new unique storylines which always pull out something new. KEEP IT IN THE FAMILY is a twisted and delicious dark unnerving read that is chilling to the core. It makes you wonder what goes on in the author's mind to be able to conjure up such macabre plots! He did say in his note at the end that this story was the result of a dream and that you wouldn't want to be inside his head at the best of times let alone at night! Told in alternating timelines this story is told from Mia, Finn, and Finn's parents Debbie and Dave's perspectives. There are also chapters from an unknown character who had previously lived in the house and had witnessed some of the events that had taken place there. The premise is original but it's a disturbing and dark read. With lots of twists and red herrings, there's more than enough to keep your attention throughout. Thank you to Thomas & Mercer and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Expected Publication Date: 10/18/22.

so this is a win for me! would i have loved this more if it had a sci-fi element? probably, but only because i think those are the stories JM writes best. but this is still a very entertaining read. A chilling book that kept me on the edge of my seat, dreading what is to come yet not wanting to look away. The book is devastating, with horrific crimes inside. Yet is wrote in such a way that had me unable to put the book down, needing to see what happens next. Unfortunately, Keep it in the Family doesn’t measure up to What Lies Between Us, one of my favorite reads of 2020. Regardless, I still mostly enjoyed this dark psychological thriller.Young couple Mia and Finn are excited to buy their first home, even though it has been empty for some time and needs lots of work. Whilst renovating the house, Mia discovers a message carved into the skirting boards – “I WILL SAVE THEM FROM THE ATTIC”. When she decides to investigate, what she discovers is truly horrific – but that proves just to be the beginning of the nightmare … While I enjoyed the writing, I had issues with some inconsistencies as well as repetition. Each chapter is told through a different character’s perspective, oftentimes replaying the same events through a different viewpoint. Just as Mia envisioned an end to living with her in-laws, there is no end in sight, because the police have taken over the house. Once her baby boy is born, she falls into a deep postpartum depression, brought on in part by her increasing obsession with the dead children in the attic, as they are identified, one-by-one.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how disturbed are you after reading that quotation? Wrong! The correct answer is 11. Your level of disturbance is off the charts.Mia and Finn are busy turning a derelict house into their dream home when Mia unexpectedly falls pregnant. But just when they think the house is ready, Mia discovers a chilling message scored into the skirting board: I WILL SAVE THEM FROM THE ATTIC. Following the clue up into the eaves, the couple make a gruesome discovery.: their dream home was once a house of horrors. In the wake of their traumatic discovery: the baby arrives, and Mia can't shake her fixation with the monstrous crimes that happened right above them. Haunted by the terrible things she saw and desperate to find answers, her obsession pulls her even further from her husband,

their dream home when Mia unexpectedly falls pregnant. But just when they think the house is ready, Mia discovers a chilling message scored into a skirting board: I WILL SAVE THEM FROM THE ATTIC. Following the clue up into the eaves, the couple make a gruesome discovery: their dream home was once a house of horrors.Thanks for NetGalley and the publisher for a chance to read this book in exchange for an honest review.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment