276°
Posted 20 hours ago

No Escape: A gripping, escapist crime thriller, now a major TV series for Paramount+

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This novel is written in two threads – “Then” and “Now”, and each chapter is devoted to unfolding the events of the trip, told through Lana’s POV. But the tension gradually builds and the reader sees that this is not the “perfect life”. Dark events, buried secrets, lies and deceit, leads to disaster for the yacht and its crew. No one knows who to trust. Unexpected twists and turns will have you guessing to the end. Switching from the “Then” and “Now”, allows the novel to unfold at a steady pace, while allowing for in-depth character development. And when a swell of secrets and lies threatens to bring the adventure to an end, some won’t let paradise go – whatever the price . . . Thirdly, too much of what makes the plot work is disclosed in a confessional rush in the final chapters. I thought it was a clever and plausible plot that got buried under Lana's overwrought angst and then suffered from being disclosed as a tell rather than a show. Paramount+ Reveals Official First Trailer For Original Series No Escape". Paramountanz.com . Retrieved 10 May 2023. Time season 2: release date, cast, plot, trailer, interview, episode guide and everything you need to know

Die Grundidee mit dem spannenden Setting auf einer Segelyacht fand ich klasse. Ich mag es, wenn eine Gruppe von unterschiedlichen Charakteren mit ihren ganz eigenen Geheimnissen auf engem Raum miteinander konfrontiert werden. Dies ist einfach ein perfekter Nährboden für Konflikte und psychologische Spielchen jeglicher Art. And unfortunately the book ended too! : ( which I'm hating right now because it really was that good! If I had to compare it, off-the-top of my head I would say it's 'somewhat' similar to The Woman In Cabin 10 but I think The Blue- characters, plot, everything is a thousand times better. If you enjoy nautical themed novels, then you seriously don't want to miss this one! It's a perfect summer read!The lead writer for the series is Kris Mrksa ( White House Farm) and Hans Herbots ( The Serpent, Cobra) is the lead director. Executive Producers for New Pictures are Elaine Pyke and Willow Grylls with Kris Mrksa. On the release of the first look trailer today, the novel’s author Lucy Clarke said: “It’s been the most incredible experience to see my novel reimagined for the screen. I’ve loved every moment of the journey from reading early scripts to visiting the set in Thailand. The series is breathtaking: transportive, gripping, and thrilling from beginning to end. I can’t wait for viewers to fall in love with it, too!” Flipping for Christmas: release date, cast, plot and everything we know about the Hallmark Channel movie

The Blue is about two girls, Lana and Kitty, who decide to leave their old life behind. So one day they close their eyes, spin the globe and go wherever there finger lands -the Philippines. While they're at the resort, they meet a group of travelers that have also left their lives behind and are sailing around the world on a fifty-foot yacht- The Blue. After Lana and Kitty spend a night on the boat, the crew votes to bring them on board as crew members if they're interested. Of course, this is exactly the escape they were hoping for so they jump at the chance. But as the saying goes, all good things must come to end- and so does their new found paradise... A 4 Star review by Sue gives a really good overview of the story and provides the reasons why you should read the book. See the review at: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... Dray, Kayleigh. "No Escape: your exclusive first look at the major new TV thriller". Stylist . Retrieved 10 May 2023.

I am having a hard time deciding what to say and how to rate this book. I had a difficult time reading it and yet the story itself had so much potential. The ending was good, but it was a long time getting there. This one is between a 2 and a 3 star read, and I gave it two because for so much of the book I really wasn't enjoying reading it. The setting of the story had the potential to draw one in. The feeling of sailing the ocean, the freedom from the normal grind of life, the pull of the deep blue sea. The perfect setting for an adventurous life and the tragedy that occurred on a boat called The Blue. Lana (Abigail Lawrie) and Kitty (Rhianne Barreto) are on the run in south east Asia in No Escape. (Image credit: Parramount Plus) Rhianne Barreto on playing Kitty Lucy Clarke dives deep into the darkest corners of human psyche. The story moves along at a moderate pace (which I quite enjoyed) allowing the reader to get emotionally invested into the characters and the outcome of the story. Much more than just another light, enjoyable read, this book made me think deeper about what decisions I would’ve made if faced with similar situations. I have already added Swimming at Night and A Single Night (also written by Lucy Clarke) to my reading collection. The story is narrated by Lana alternating between "then" and "now" as she recalled both past and current events that occurred before and after The Blue reportedly sank. Each crewmember understandably had their own private life stories, and some were more reluctant to share details then others. The Blue allowed crew members to escape the more unpleasant and mundane realities of life on land, in Lana's case she sought temporary escape from paternal betrayal. The sailing adventure connected these seven individuals in unforgettable intrigue, mystery that explored how fast and instant are changes from the human condition combined with the natural elements that forever impact a person's life.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment