276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hounds of Love (2018

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s heady stuff for a pop song. But in Bush’s hands, it becomes a universal hymn to the mystery of childhood (“You’re like my yo-yo, that glowed in the dark / What made it special, made it dangerous”) and love for a parent. As Thompson explained in his biography:

Each album is unique in that they are pressed with recycled vinyl of various colours. 1500 copies pressed. Engineer – Bill Somerville-Lange*, Brian Tench, Del Palmer, Haydn Bendall, James Guthrie, Nigel Walker, Paul Hardiman I took a look at the waveforms while writing this TBVO, and you can definitely see a few momentary high peaks are slightly shorter on the 2018 "Running," but it seemed insignificant to me after repeated listening. (The DR scores on the song are only one point apart, FWIW.) Interestingly, the EQ the 2018 remasters is very close to the EQ used for the 2014 Audio Fidelity vinyl release, based on a comparison of the former and a hi-res rip of the latter.Matrix / Runout (Variant 2, Runout, Side A, Etched, "2" in "2==" is in reverse): BG ¢ 2== 0190295593865-A BI42544-01 A2 Cd Has Light Superficial Scuffs. Booklet Is Ex. Case Has Lots Of Scuffs/scratches. Europe, Emi, Cdp7461642, 1985 Disjunctive, idiosyncratic and so very, very inventive, Kate Bush's 1985 magnum opus, "Hounds of Love", was the intentionally streamlined yet defiant response to complaints regarding her efficiency in the studio and detractors of the lyrical and structural esotericism inherent in her work. Greatly emboldened by the advances of the digital age, the ever-experimental Bush went one further, building a home studio and developing her latest new material to her satisfaction, subsequently dividing the end product into two distinctive sections. Even under contemporaneous scrutiny, both parts, replete with layered electronic instrumentation, sound effects, and expressive yet refined vocal acrobatics, successfully cohere, and, if persevered with, the full measure still holds up and works incredibly well despite its ambitious structure. Bush is an acquired taste, particularly in the U.S. Did you end up liking it when you listened to it? cd / New, Emi-manhattan, 1990, Cat# 'cdp 7 46164 2') - Brand New & Factory Sealed Not A Cutout Or Promo.

But by the time she released Hound of Love seven years later, at the ripe old age of 26, Bush was portrayed by the press as a washed-up relic. This by far beats out any Madonna or Lady Gaga album (I'm a fan of Madonna's music, not her, but I am a 17-year-old dedicated Little Monster of Queen Gaga!) Or just about any female album! Added the numerical report as a rar for interest. The 1985 CD as you can see has more peaks and troughs, than the compressed 1985 remastering, on CD anyway. I don't have the 24 bit 1985 remaster to compare, but may re-consider, would it restore the LRA I wonder? Looks like Audacity and Musicscope have a different interpretation of the same piece?That doesn’t mean that she didn’t agonize over it until the last minute. Ian Cooper, who mastered all of Bush’s albums from The Dreaming to The Red Shoes, remembers the mastering of Hounds of Love taking the longest time. “I won’t say it was a nightmare, but…I have a funny feeling we were still doing it when it was released,” he told Thompson. “I remember asking her when it was coming out, and she said, ‘It’s out!’ I said, ‘Then why are we doing it?’ and she said, ‘I think we could this and that right.’ It’s tempting to surmise that nothing is ever quite finished to her satisfaction.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment