276°
Posted 20 hours ago

biOrb Service Kit,White,Single

£3.415£6.83Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Can I add more than one fish in the first month? You should not add another fish for at least 28 days unless you are closely monitoring the ammonia level (high ammonia build up can kill fish). Ammonia test kits only cost a few pounds and are a worthwhile buy. Once matured the bacteria will convert the ammonia to less harmful substances. You can dilute the ammonia with 1/3 water changes if it does get high, if you are unsure of what level it is at or if you have added more than one fish. Why is my Misting Unit only working occasionally? The misting unit will only mist when the humidity has dropped. The biOrb AIR has been designed to retain humidity and reduce the need for repeated topping up of the misting reservoir. Can I use tap water in the reservoir? We only recommend to use Humidimist. Using tap water will make the guarantee void. Reason for the need to use Humidimist is that we cannot guarantee the functionality of the product worldwide due to variations in water quality. What types of fish can I put in the biOrb? Whilst all coldwater fish are suitable for the biOrb, size should be a consideration. We recommend that the smaller the fish the better, and that you use some of the more hardy varieties such as white cloud minnows that do very well in a cold-water biOrb set-up. Always remember more fish equal more maintenance.

Can the heating be switched off from below? The heater cable can be switched on and off within the OASE Control APP. All round fish bowls, both glass and acrylic have a magnifying effect. Whilst this adds to the appeal of them, one down side is that if placed in direct sunlight they produce a focal point of light that can scorch/burn materials and possibly cause fire. Can I use tap water in the base of my biOrb AIR? Yes, where it is not turned into mist for humidity, it is okay to use ordinary tap water in the base of your biOrb AIR. Can small flies/food escape through the venting system? The biOrb EARTH outlets are equipped with a fine mesh foam which keeps inhabitants and their food inside the enclosure. Can I add fertilisers to the misting reservoir? No, anything added to the fogger reservoir will be vaporized into mist and eventually precipitate on to all internal surface possibly causing irreparable damage.

More Views

Can I add a heater to my biOrb and make it tropical? Yes. All biOrbs can be set up as a tropical aquarium simply by adding a standard aquarium heater. A 50-watt heater should provide plenty of heat.

How long should I leave it before adding my first fish? You should leave the biOrb running for at least 24 hours before adding your first fish as this allows the water to stabilize. If you are using tap water always use the de-chlorinator provided. Does my biOrb AIR need daylight? No, it doesn’t. All the light your plants need to thrive is provided by the biOrb AIR. You can place your biOrb AIR in a dark room where house plants wouldn’t normally thrive and enjoy watching them grow. Is there a water level indicator installed in the water tank? The water level cannot be seen in the APP. However, the APP will let you know when you will need to refill your water reservoir. What is the job of infrared light and what is the lifetime? The Infrared & RGB LEDs that are in the biOrb EARTH fulfil the rest of the needed wavelength for reptiles. Infrared wavelengths are the primary terrestrial wavelengths known to penetrate the skin. This means that they are more effective at heating animals.​ Infrared-A is also known as ‘near infrared’.​ It is the shortest wavelength within the group: 750-1400 nanometers. That is because it is the closest to visible light – that which humans can see. It has a high energy and is beneficial for animals. This is because the photons penetrate into the dermis of the skin. Infrared replicates 850nm and 940nm.

Quick Overview

Change/clean the filter more regularly. Leave a maximum of one month between changes until problem subsides.

The lint free cleaner pad has rough and smooth sides to remove any little algae spots, bits of dirt, etc.VIVARIUM What is the job of UVA light and what is the lifetime? UV-A stimulates pigmentation. Lifetime of the light is 20,000 hours Can I use the biOrb EARTH if I do not have iOS / Android device? The biOrb EARTH needs to be controlled via an App on an iOS / Android device, either a tablet or mobile phone. Make sure it is in a dark area (even non-direct sunlight can be strong enough to accelerate algae growth). Why has my biOrb gone cloudy? Immediate cloudiness can be a result of insufficient cleaning of the ceramic media; if so it will eventually settle out. Wiping the inside of the bowl with your fingertips will also help. Cloudiness and smelliness, especially over a short period of time, indicates overfeeding or the use of the wrong type of food.

Why do I have to keep the biOrb out of sunlight? All aquariums should be kept out of sunlight. There are three main reasons why; How scratch resistant is the acrylic? Acrylic, while very clear can be scratched. In case of small scratches, the 46026 scratch remover polish from the biOrb aquarium range can be used to restore the acrylic.What is the job of UVB light and what is the lifetime? UV-B stimulates vitamin D3 synthesis from the precursor vitamin D2. Lifetime of the light is 20,000 hours. Why should I use Humidimist? Tap water has a lot of impurities in it. It’ll clog and calcify the misting unit and it’ll also settle as watermarks on the inside of your globe. Humidimist is perfectly balanced to give your plants the humidity they need, but not to damage the delicate components in your biOrb AIR. What can I grow in my biOrb AIR? Depending on whether you choose AIR 30 or 60 your choice of plants is wide. AIR 60 is specifically designed for tropical plants, whereas the AIR 30 can support tropical, temperate and arid species. The key is to choose plants that grow together in the same climate. For example, you would not choose a tropical plant like an orchid and an arid cactus together. They require two very different climates. For clarity, we list the plants under their Latin names below. Many of them are also known under more common names. Suitable arid plants include; Aloe, Conophytum, Echeveria, Haworthia, Sansevieria, Sempervivum, Senecio, Austrocylindropuntia, Astrophytum, Cleistocactus, Dolichothele, Echinopsis, Euphorbia lactea compacta, Acanthocereus tetragonus, Ferocactus, Lobivia, Mammillaria, Crassula, Lithops, Parodia magnifica. Suitable temperate plants include; Tillandsia Cyanea, Tillandsia Festucoides, Tillandsia Ionantha Rubra, Tillandsia Brachycaulos x Abdita, Tillandsia Fillifolia, Tillandsia Ionantha Fuego, Tillandsia Tricolor Melanocrater, Dionaea muscipula, Drosera Aliceae, Pinquicula, Sarracenia, Heliamphora nutans x heterdoxa. Suitable tropical plants include; Fittonia Skeleton bicolour, Fittonia Red, Fittonia Lemon, Fittonia White, Peperomia, Rotundifolia, Peperomia Angulata, Peperomia verticillata, Peperomia mixed, Ball / Pillow Moss, Micro Phalaenopsis, Ceratostylis Retisquama, Haraella Ordorata, Psygmorchis pusilla, Ornithidium Sophrontis, Ornithophora Radicans. All-in-one biOrb Service Kit contains everything you need to complete the 4–6-week routine maintenance on your biOrb.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment