276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Black Diamond Trail Pro Trek Walking Poles

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The trade off for these poles being so compact is that they are not very long. If you are over six feet tall, or like really long poles for the downhills, you may be disappointed in these. At their longest, they are not that long. I am 5' 10" and feel I don't need them any longer… but just barely. They have the foam handle that extends down the shaft for uphill struggles and they come with a pair of snow baskets that are easily interchangeable with the standard ones that are already fitted. This latest version fo the Trail poles has an improved, softer foam grip. When not required the poles collapse down to a sensible size (63cm) but if you want to get them even smaller you can separate the sections completelyto get them into a small case etc. I was caught off balance a couple of times and even though the poles flexed they held me without bending at all. Nice! The extended non-slip foam grip is exceptionally comfortable and helps to minimisevibrations form hard surfaces and because it extends down the pole it offers varied grip positions when ascending or descending. The soft 360 degree strap has built in padding so it wont rub or dig in.

The wrist attachment is very soft and one of the most comfortable we tested. It has a wide piece of webbing lined with soft and breathable material. We also really like how the foam grip has an extra four inches below the main handle. This comes in handy on occasional steep terrain where you can "choke up" on the pole without having to take the time to shorten or lengthen it. Dislikes The wrist straps on the Trail Pro are comfortable and stay put without haveing to make any alterations or adjustments. After many countless sweaty miles on the trail, they’re still looking pretty good and haven’t developed any funky smells. Wrist Straps I've used these poles for almost six months. Not many kilometers on them but I would recommended them nonetheless. You can swap the whole Flex Tech Tip if it breaks or just the Carbide tip when it wears off quite easily. That increases the Trail Pro's value as you won't have to discard them. I bought a replacement just in case. Here are some useful tips and advice on how to get the most of your walking and trekking poles so you can enjoy your adventures more, be safer and improve your fitness. The use of walking and trekking poles has become much more popular, and acceptable, and will provide huge benefits if they fit you properly and you understand the techniques required.One of my favorite improvements on this model of the Trail Pro is the removal of the foam finger ridge towards the top of the grip. One the old grips, there was really only one way to hold the handle completely comfortably, and other gripping technique would leave a fat lump of foam in the way. These new grips are smooth, and places the grip ridge of foam towards the middle of the upper shaft, to support the bottom of your gripped fist. Foam Grips These are ideal for trail walking and traveling. Because they are so compact, they are also great for sierra climbs and scrambles. Value Now repeat step 2 but allow your arms to swing freely from the shoulder. Try not to think about what the poles are doing.

The extended non-slip foam grip has been optimised for smaller hands and is exceptionally comfortable and helps to minimisevibrations form hard surfaces and because it extends down the pole it offers varied grip positions when ascending or descending. The soft 360 degree strap has built in padding so it wont rub or dig in.They've updated the way their handle straps adjust which is a lot easier (pull top strap to loosen and down on the bottom strap to tighten). The handle also gets an update with slightly softer foam. Overall some nice updates to a BD classic. The Trail Pro Trekking Poles are supplied with low profile trekking baskets and snow baskets and should the tips wear down they can be easily interchanged.

Weight: Weight is one of the biggest factor in choosing the best trekking poles and this largely depends on the material the poles are made from. A hiker’s main aim, for multi-day treks, should be keeping weight to an absolute minimum, and that includes poles. However super lightweight poles, made from carbon, don’t come cheap so you might have to weigh price into your equation.

HARD SENDS WITH SEB BOUIN: ACL (9B/5.15B)

There is no exact science about the absolutely correct pole length and as you become used to using them you’ll want to experiment with the length. But to get you started stand nice and upright and hold the poles (correctly) with the tips on the floor. Your elbows should now be at an angle of about 90°. When you adjust the length please ensure that the overall length is divided equally between the sections. Avoid having one section all the way out and one section all the way in. Durability: Look for a good quality pole that’s going to last. It’s far better to pay a little more for a quality brand than buy cheap poles that will simply add to landfill within weeks. A pair of good quality trekking poles should last years. Durability will depend on the construction material. Aluminium offers excellent durability but is heavier than super light carbon fibre which comes at a cost.

Walkers can really benefit from a version of the skiing technique used by Nordic walkers and skiers; if you saw cross country skiing you’ll be aware of this technique. The simplest way to learn is to find a flat piece of ground large enough to walk comfortably, a football pitch or park is ideal. When not required the poles collapse down to a sensible size (59cm) but if you want to get them even smaller you can separate the sections completelyto get them into a small case etc.Because of their reduced length and therefore reduced weight these versatile poles would also suit shorter male users who really want to keep things ultra lightweight and compact. I would love a dual grip option with cork being the primary material and eva for the secondary grip.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment