276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Godox AD600Pro AD600 Pro TTL Studio Flash 2.4G Wireless X System HSS 1/8000s with High Performance Li-ion Battery Outdoor Strobe Compatible for Canon E-TTLII Nikon Sony FUJI Olympus Panasonic Camera

£414.5£829.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

On the downside the Pro has less shots per charge by around 25%. The 600BM's tube is more recessed in modifiers like boxes and so has reduced power from wastage. With both units featuring Godox’s 2.4GHz X-System Radio Receiver built in, setting up a shoot has never been easier. Shot on the Pentax K1 and SMC M 35-70mm f4 lens at 1/1000 (the first three) and 1/320 (far right) at f/4, ISO200 – Lex’s photos.

The battery lasts long enough, and if you are shooting indoors you can always hop over to A/C with the optional A/C converter, available at Adorama. It’s easy to see where you stand as far as remaining battery life goes. There are four LEDs on the top of the battery next to a round button. Press it, and the lights illuminate to show what you’ve got left. You can spontaneously Link to simultaneous multi camera systems! Shoot Nikon and Canon at this same time and the XPLOR will automatically sense and respond accurately. Have one photographer use a Sony and the other a Panasonic, without a care to re-sync! And that supplied 5″ reflector, providing a broader even light pattern, is nice,thoughover a stop lessbright than the original 600 with supplied 7″ reflector. I switched to Godox Speedlights a few years ago because of the Li-ion batteries that allowed me to shoot long events without a battery change.But regardless of whether we were shooting within sync or at 1/1000th of a second, the AD400 Pro never missed a beat. Of course, most of us wouldn’t expect it to, but this is possibly the first time that anybody has tried it on a Pentax camera outside of the Godox test labs. With what appears to be a combination of using stiffer spring tabs, and just getting the tolerances right,modifiers now have a very neat and firm fit. No more rattling reflectors or sagging softboxes. The XT32 is an alternate trigger design and while the interface is a bit more user-friendly because of its wheel and slanted display, it does not communicate TTL and there is no hot shoe.

I was thinking about that, but there's very little chance you'd be shooting at full power. If you're shooting even at half power (although more likely you'd be at around a quarter), there's your 1 sec recycling time. I used a competitor battery powered monolight for about 4 years steady. I never quite got the same results as the hype that went with those units. When I switched cameras and that company did not support my cameras, it was time to change. I studied and studied and went with Godox/Flashpoint. Good move on my part.

On all three Nikon, Sony and Pentax cameras, it fired every single time, and the TTL exposures were pretty close to where we’d have put the exposure if we were doing it manually. In modifiers like softboxes and beauty dishes the light output tends to be a little more than the original strobes, due to the different flash tube style and spacing. To cut a long story short though, the power output of the 600 PRO does appear to be the same as the original strobes, as Godox have stated. Interestingly the FlashpointRapid 600/Godox QT600was actually reading much faster at full power than the specs state, so I need to look into that further.

So, as per your list, faster recycling time, and a stable color temp mode are the only real features, but the number of flashes has been reduced by a third. How is this worth a price premium? The color mode yields impressive accuracy, though at the expense of auto-dumping. In color mode, when you lower the power the flash will beep at you until you dump it yourself. To do so, just hit the test button. The compact 600ws marvel invites you to go beyond the straights of wire dependency and soar into the free and easy heights only R2 Radio tenders. What’s more, with the Flashpoint units, you are buying into a system the likes of which Profoto was playing catch-up to when they released the A1 speedlight. Flashpoint’s selection of small flashes, which also offer high-end features at bargain prices, can blend seamlessly with monolights, giving access to an affordable arsenal of lights that can be easily used on location or in the studio. [Rewind:] Flashpoint/Godox XPLOR 600 HSS TTL | Full ReviewOk, so maybe Paul asked me to add that last one. I’m curious to see what will happen, actually, with 3rd party flash support with Sigma’s new Panasonic/Leica alliance. Although something worth noting if you’re thinking of adding AD600Pro lights to an existing setup with current AD600 light. You won’t be able to use your existing bulbs or head extensions. But a new head extension is coming, as well as a handle for the body of the strobe. It is not yet known whether a 1200Ws head, allowing you to hook up a pair of AD600 Pro lights, will become available. There’s no word yet on whether or not we’ll see a 1200Ws head. Faster recycle time, more powerful modelling light, the flash tube in the correct position, a decent glass dome, stable colour temperature mode, a less awful stand mount and probably a few other things I've forgotten.

As we move into the receiver units, these are not capable of being used on camera. They are also not brand-specific and will be fully-featured using any of the above transmitters and transceivers. ReceiversIf Sigma adopts Panasonic’s flash system, then it means next year’s full frame Foveon camera should already have full support from Godox. If not, Paul will just have to keep hoping that Godox one day supports Sigma’s flash system. Conclusion I think it depends on what your shooting , nearly 2 secs recycle on full power for model or portrait work might be too slow to keep the flow. It is also supposed to have better colour repeatability between shots. God knows most cameras and lenses are not calibrated......... but I guess if you sort one frame you can just do the others the same. The AD400 Pro has a 30-watt LED light that is crippled by a loud fan. It's great as a modeling light, but too loud for video. The FJ400 has a 20-watt LED light that is slightly less bright but still has an audible fan. Even though it's not as loud, the modeling light still isn't very usable for video. Common Features

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment