276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Amy Snow: The Richard & Judy Bestseller

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I also absolutely adore Charles Dickens’s novels—I had great fun projecting that passion onto Amy and Aurelia.

Amy Snow | Book by Tracy Rees | Official Publisher Page

But Aurelia has left Amy a small fortune and a bundle of letters with a coded key, a treasure hunt that only Amy can follow. I absolutely adored the banter between the characters, they lived in times where appearances were everything, and so it is always a great joy to see how they manage their conversations while trying not to hurt each other or to hide their real feelings, but also managing to slip here or there their true opinions, but they do this in such an elegant, clever way - any Tracy has brilliantly grasped nature and atmosphere of this Victorian England, not only in the dialogues, but in descriptions and characters as well. Beverley confront Amy and condemn her publicly for flaunting herself before society and mingling amongst respectable people. Is it fair to say that Amy’s personal development involves an increased awareness of the social inequality faced by women? I absolutely adore historical fiction, I love to imagine the rustling dresses, the wonderful clothes, corsets and curtseying and am always fascinated with the lives people led so many years ago.

Nancy comments, “It’s so gratifying to see how people understand what we owe to our animals and that they are excited about giving back to them by providing acupressure for their health and well-being. Amy Snow and Nancy Zidonis are the authors of ACU-HORSE: A Guide to Equine Acupressure, ACU-DOG: A Guide to Canine Acupressure and ACU-CAT: A Guide to Feline Acupressure. She joins the Resistance, volunteering for dangerous duty: shepherding downed Allied airmen across the Pyrenees to Spain. Tightly plotted and rich with Victorian detail, we eagerly follow Amy as she unravels the secrets that will lead her to a new life. By the time Amy leaves Bath, there are two pressing questions: Will she uncover Aurelia’s secret, and how will her relationship with Henry resolve itself?

Amy Snow by Tracy Rees - Goodreads Amy Snow by Tracy Rees - Goodreads

The rest of it—the friends, the love interest, the personal development, the specifics of her journey and the treasure hunt and Aurelia’s backstory—all came to me along the way. Two terribly boring suitors appear and for half a second I thought the author might do something interesting there. Officially Aurelia has left her only 10 pounds in her will, but Amy soon learns that there is much more - namely, a "treasure hunt", that the girls so liked to play with each other - Aurelia leaves Amy a trail of secret letters, that Amy must find first, and all the letters direct her to different places, different people, and eventually, to Aurelia's secret.The nineteenth century is a time that I’ve always found irresistibly romantic, in the broadest sense of the word. My toes are numb as I trudge the miles that lead me away from Aurelia’s grave and from Hatville Court, the only home, grudging as it was, that I have ever known. With the love story and Aurelia’s secret both brought to satisfying conclusions I like to leave something open and unresolved . Her final career step before joining HSB was with a small Connecticut-based software company where she led Recruiting, Training and Career Development for the Professional Services division. From the grave she sends Amy on a treasure hunt from one end of England to the other: a treasure hunt that only Amy can follow.

Amy Snow | LinkedIn Amy Snow | LinkedIn

I was looking forward to reading this, after judging it by it's very beautiful cover and I wasn't disappointed.At the start of the novel, how is Amy’s identity inextricably tied to her relationship with Aurelia? La novela está dividida en 4 partes, con muchísimos capítulos, pues algunos apenas tienen dos o tres páginas,. This time, she dips into The Odyssey for the legend of Circe, a nymph who turns Odysseus’ crew of men into pigs.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment