276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Glen Keith Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This one was drawn from specially selected barrels and butts and bottled at 43% ABV, boasting oodles of orchard fruit notes alongside nutty malt and soft, herby elements. It was designed as an experimental distillery, making a ‘sideways’ and versatile spirit; Seagram built the distillery partly to explore the production of a peated spirit for blending: Glen Isla. The last time I checked the Malt Maniacs Monitor it contained only official bottlings from the 1990's. Among its experimental features was the first microprocessor; this chip controlled all aspects of production.

David Stirk of the Creative Whisky Company even included a single cask Glen Keith in his acclaimed Tony Koehl Series, a quartet of whiskies from closed distilleries completed by Imperial, Littlemill and Caperdonich. While we were there we got the chance to ask David Turner the distillery manager of Bowmore a few questions about his life at Bowmore Distillery. You shall not contribute any discriminatory, racially offensive, abusive, offensive, threatening, intimidating, inaccurate, incomplete, obscene, profane, harassing, or illegal material and/or Contributions, or any other Contributions that infringes, or may infringe, or violates or may violate, any third party’s rights, including intellectual and industrial property rights, rights of privacy and publicity. This distillery has close links to the Strathisla Distillery and if you are wanting to gain access to the distillery using the Passport Experience you will need to go through this distillery. No partnership, joint venture, agency, or employment relationship is created as a result of your use of the Service.

A portion of Chivas Extra 13 Sherry Cask Selection Scotch whisky has been matured in Oloroso sherry casks. You can reach Glen Keith via a short walk around the back of Strathisla, up and over a bridge, then follow the banks of the river.

Most of the distillery’s output goes towards blends like Chivas, but the malt whisky can really hold its own and given the opportunity could make some waves. We may, but are not under any obligation, to release new functionalities and tools or other features for the Service every now and then. The distillery was mothballed in 1999 and only reopened in 2013 under new ownership after a complete refurbishment. Of course, the great thing about keeping ones expectations so low is there’s always the chance of a pleasant surprise and I must admit, this dram is better than I expected.The Service and your account are for your personal use only and may not be shared with any third parties. Taste: Sweet flavours of honeycomb and soft vanilla toffee, perfectly balanced with poached pears and delicate notes of marzipan. You are responsible for the accuracy of the information you provide to us in relation to your account, and for updating it where necessary. Partially inspired by a tasting I put on years ago (feels like a lifetime, let me tell you) in Edinburgh, with the theme of closed distilleries and lost distillates. Your information may be used by Chivas Brothers International Limited and made available through us to other members of the Pernod Ricard Group.

An official bottling of Glen Keith – the only one in recent years, I believe, unless you count the Chivas Brothers bottlings as officials. Please be aware that as an affiliate I can be paid a small commission on any purchases you make after following links from my page. On this site you will find every type of whisky available from countries like Scotland, Wales, Japan, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, India, Sweden and America.Glenturret and Caperdonich were rebuilt and a new crop of malt distilleries came onto the scene, including Deanston and Tormore. The Service, including any information contained therein, does not constitute any advice (such as but not limited to investment advice, tax advice, financial, economic advice) and is not intended as recommendations (whether personal, in general, or otherwise) to invest in companies, products, services. The stills themselves are tall and narrow and operate with a low fill level, ensuring maximum copper contact during the distillation process, helping to create a particularly light and fruity spirit. If you're using a VPN or proxy IP service, please turn it off and re-load this page to access our site. The distillery reopened the following year and once again began producing liquid for use in blends like Chivas Regal, Passport and 100 Pipers.

Further, you shall not circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade or thwart any of the content protections, decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble the Service and any software related to or used in or by the Service. The Distillery Edition was matured in 100% American Oak and bottled at 40% without a specified age statement. Also sign me up for newsletters so I can get special offers, recommendations, and expert advice to my inbox! As well as providing fillings for blends, Glen Keith became the Seagram’s experimental plant and still houses the Chivas Brotherslab.This cookie is set by Rubicon Project to control synchronization of user identification and exchange of user data between various ad services. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously. An attendee at the end of the event came up to me and shook my hand with such delight at being able to try a Glenisla.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment