276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gerber 31-003345 Suspension NXT Multi-Tool, Silver, Medium

£21.885£43.77Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Truss and Suspension Phillips driver. The Truss has a fully-formed Phillips driver. A much welcomed addition! If you are looking for a very useful gift idea, look no further than the Suspension NXT Multi Tool from Gerber. Made from stainless steel and with a 25 year guarantee you can be sure of giving a hardwearing and long lasting gift.

The one knife that comes with this Gerber Suspension multi-tool is a combo blade of 2.25 inches (5.7cm) long. A half straight edge and a half-serrated edge with an oval thumb hole makes chopping and slicing all the easier. Now, who would find this useful? Given its multifunctional nature and compact size, I’d say it can cater to a wide audience. The ‘multisport’ label suggests it’s made for outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy camping, hiking, or fishing. The wire stripper, Phillips and standard screwdrivers, and pliers all seem handy for dealing with unexpected equipment issues or setting up camp. Truss and Suspension serrated blades. The Truss changes the blade shape and adds a bit of length. A much welcomed change!One thing that makes the Gerber Suspension NXT Multi-Tool so perfect for everyday use is its 15 tool functions. For example, the spring-loaded needle-nose pliers have a straight section and a bolt/nut gripper section. You also get wire cutters and wire strippers to facilitate that well-rounded, everyday use feel. A few tools in our test are less expensive, but almost all of them compromise significantly on features and quality. The Suspension is an excellent value, in that it will last a long time and has the features that most normal users are looking for. Conclusion The secondary tools are headed by the Phillips head screwdriver with it’s fully formed “3D” head. That just means it’s got a head like the Phillips screwdriver you have in your toolshed rather than one of those flattened “2D” style Phillips you see on a lot of other multi-tools. The other screw management tools included are small, medium and large flathead screwdrivers.

In addition, Gerber has changed their intended focus from industrial and professional use to everyday users, hobbyists, and weekend warriors in a nice change of direction. In conclusion, the Gerber Suspension NXT seems to be a well-rounded multi-tool designed for those who appreciate functionality, durability, and convenience. However, it’s always important to carefully consider your personal needs when choosing a tool like this. After all, it’s the tasks you frequently encounter that will determine whether this tool is the right fit for you. Gerber Suspension NXT Multi-Tool Review: Who isn’t it for? Another tool that’s only the small side is the scissors. I’m sure they will still cut some small things but the mouth doesn’t open very wide so you won’t get a lot of anything in one cut. Truss and Suspension flat-head drivers - Medium(Truss)/Small(Suspension). The Truss adds a cross-cut file(short) on one side and a depth gauge on the other side.

Gerber Truss, Suspension Multitools

Something that isn’t small is the Philips screwdriver which has a full-size head and a reasonably long shaft. Thumbs up for the Philips. The other tools are standard and commonly used tools for a multi-tool of this size. What's nice to see is that all the tools are well constructed and designed, meaning that they are adequately built, so you shouldn't have any trouble using them. The knife is a combo blade with half straight and half serrated edges. Some people love combo blades as it gives them the option to use the part of the blade that best suits the cutting job without using the real estate 2 separate blades would take. I can take or leave a combo blade. Serrated blades are good at cutting things like rope because the serrations grip the rope surface allowing it to cut more easily. That’s true but a straight blade will do the same thing as a serrated knife if it’s sharp because it’s sharp enough to “grip” the rope. Note: This is a mostly subjective thread. If you have any technical questions, please feel free to ask in a reply.

From camping and fishing to on the spot fixes the Suspension NXT gives you Gerber's renowned quality and design with their unbeatable construction. A tough, indispensable companion to any adventure and perfect gift for the outdoor enthusiast in your life. I have had a chance to sit down and do a side-by-side comparison of the new Gerber Truss and the OG Suspension. The benchmark qualities that made the original a success still remain, now optimized for the everyday carry consumer. The focus has shifted from the industrial and professional landscape to the commuter, weekend warrior, or hobbyist. The NXT has one of my favorite tools – an awl. Want to know 11 uses for an awl I bet you’ve never thought of? It doesn’t have a thread loop but I’ve never used an awl to sew anything so I wouldn’t miss it. There’s also a multi-sided file and a can opener and the ubiquitous bottle opener. That’s it for all the tools on the NXT except a ruler if you want to call that a tool. Use-ability

The handles, when extended into ideal driver use position, are similar in comfort. See images of the drivers to see the ideal driver-use position. With this multi-tool, you'll also get several secondary tools, such as a Phillips head screwdriver with a fully formed "3D" head, other small, medium, and large flathead screwdrivers, an awl, a multi-sided file, a can opener, a ruler, and the ever-useful bottle opener. The pliers have the sort of functions you would expect on a full-sized multi-tool so nothing to complain about there. They are also spring loaded which apparently reduce hand fatigue. I don’t know about you but I’ve never had hand fatigue using pliers before but you might appreciate it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment