276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to British Birds

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Bailey is careful to ensure that in the 51 species he covers, he includes everyday birds such as blackbirds, herring gulls and feral pigeons, something anyone can spot. And he makes some argument that they shouldn’t just be considered nuisances, and deserve to be appreciated as much as any other natural creature.

My youngest daughter is going to read this next and I think she’ll enjoy it mainly because of the interesting gruesome facts included, a bit like the horrible histories books. Bill's usuall wit, interjects his own sketches and observations, in a scrapbook style of presentation.Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide To British Birds is described by publishers Quercus as "a collection of observations and thoughts about birds which incorporates Bailey's knowledge, insight and enthusiasm, as well as plenty of wry wit". Written in the style of a bird book, albeit not as comprehensive, this brings together some fascinating information about British birds with the wit and humour of Bill Bailey. This does remind me of a Mr Bean book I read as a kid, the stains, ripped pages, images stuck to page and funny little illustrations were done by Mr. Yet for those who occasionally ponder their back-garden visitors, this guide might just inspire a bit more curiosity.

By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Normally so he can share an anecdote about the time he spotted one, stories which clearly bring him great glee.

linde oli raamatusse valitud selle järgi, keda Bailey ise näinud on ja kes talle meeldivad, ja neid polnud liiga palju. The main thing I have learnt from this book is that Bill Bailey has a drinking problem, I’ve never seen so main stains from tea/coffee (I didn’t lick the pages so not sure which one it was), there were splashes and rings from his mug all over the pages. Funny and insightful, it positively crackles with energy, knowledge and wit as he takes us on a journey around the British isles, zooming in on those birds that enthuse him the most.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment