276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Castle Rock Mystery Crew (The Jase Files: Book 1) (the laugh out loud, twisty mystery story for kids by amazing actress Vicky McClure!)

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s only when you look at the back cover that you see the weasel words “in collaboration with Kim Curran” and in the Author’s Note at the back that you learn McClure gave an outline for the book, which means it was Curran who did all the writing. A. Paris Babita Sharma Barnaby Norman Becka Moor Becky Goddard-Hill Becky Masterman Bella Swift Ben Aaronovitch Ben Clanton Benedict Jacka Ben Grisdale Ben Hubbard Benjamin Percy Ben Mantle Ben Sanders Bernard Marr Beth Greenhough Beth Keane Beth Lincoln Beth Macy Bimmy Talib Bimpe Alliu Black Cultural Archives Bong Dazo Bradley Schmidt Brendan Kearney Brenna Nation Britta Teckentrup Brittney Morris Bronwyn Parry Bruce Hood Bruno Mangyoku Bryan Appleyard C. As people grow more suspicious of each other, tensions start to mount and when a pair of stolen earrings are found outside Harri’s window, Mr Collins (the park manager) suspects the Crew of being responsible and threatens to throw them and their families out of the park and ban them for life! The kids can go on and try to solve the crime, there’s a real great plot that runs throughout it, but also it is just about having a nice time. Kids, I wasn't a strong reader when i was young; even now I'm not the most confident reader but here's what I've learnt: go at your own pace, one word at a time, one day at a time, do it your way and with style.

The brilliant best mates chemistry of classic movie Stand By Me Warm, witty, cleverly plotted storytelling - kids will love following the clues to catch the culprit!

He lives in a flat with his 3 older brothers, Mum, Nana Rose, who has dementia, and Sherlock, he was Nana's dog but now he's Jase's. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. If the publishers do the honest thing and market the next book in this series with the co-author being given cover credit, then I would very happily check it out.

I found it spellbinding and thoroughly enjoyable reading and a great way to get away from the everyday doom, gloom, despondency and despair of this techno-ridden age! Levitt Stuart Lawrence Stuart MacBride Stuart Turton Sue Bentley Sue Mongredien Sue Turton Sujata Massey Susan Calman Susie Hodge Susie Williams Svend Brinkmann Svetlana Alexievich Swapna Reddy T. Davies Sarah Ridley Sarah Vaughan Sara Thielker Sara Ugolotti Sasha Alsberg Satu Hämeenaho-Fox Scott Bergstrom Scott Garrett Sebastien de Castell Seishi Yokomizo Serena Molloy Serena Patel Seren Boyd Sergei Medvedev Sergio Sismondo Serhii Plokhy Seymour Hersh Shane Hegarty Shannon Hale Shappi Khorsandi Sharon Cohen Sharon Davey Sheridan Stewart Shirshendu Mukhopadhyay Sif Sigmarsdóttir Simon Berthon Simon Brew Simone Douglas Simon Garnett Simon James Green Simon Lelic Simon Morden Simon Scarrow Simon Toyne Slavoj Žižek Solange Ouellet Sophie Anderson Sophie Hannah Soren Kenner Spike Milligan Sr. Vicky McClure is a hugely talented and much-loved actress known for her roles as DI Kate Fleming in Line of Duty (the most watched BBC drama since records began), Lol in Shane Meadows' This is England and Lana Washington in Trigger Point. Our Book of the Month for age 9+ is Castle Rock Mystery Crew, the first laugh-out-loud mystery from actress and dementia campaigner Vicky McClure!The first laugh-out-loud, twisty mystery for young readers by amazing actress and dementia campaigner, Vicky McClure. Vicky has brought her wit, creativity and passion to every part of the process; we are so thrilled to be working with her and Kim on this exceptional story – it shines with true child appeal. I think 9-10 and beyond is about right, but I shall see what my 8 year old grandson thinks of it and let y'all know! Warm, witty, cleverly plotted storytelling - kids will love following the clues to catch the culprit! The story of The Castle Rock Mystery Crew follows 10-year-old Jase, who is spending the summer holidays at the Castle Rock caravan park with his auntie and grandma, who has dementia.

His mum used to work in a supermarket but a year ago, his grandma’s Alzheimer’s had gotten worse and when she moved in with them, Jase’s mum had to give up work to care for her. I love friendship, in so much as not everybody has that standard family and friends are as important as family and that's what this book is about. Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Azerbaijan Republic, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde Islands, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Gabon Republic, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Republic of Croatia, Republic of the Congo, Reunion, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Swaziland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Virgin Islands (U. They’ve all got different family set ups and I want kids to be able to feel that they can relate to it.By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. year-old Jase is spending the summer holidays at the Castle Rock Caravan Park with his auntie and grandma, who has dementia. Jase would much rather be on a beach somewhere overseas, but he knows that the family’s finances won’t stretch to it and as his grandma points out, taking care of her is difficult and his mum also needs a break.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment