276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Internal Self-Alienation

£16.495£32.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The "buts": why quote Pema Chödrön, who (read in Daniel Shaw: Traumatic Narcissism, and his second book) belongs to a spiritual circle where children were and are sexually abused. No need for that. (also: Alice Miller - she did pioneer work, but severely psychologically abused her son Martin Miller (after her death he wrote a book) that he was on the verge of suicide (Alice Miller "interviewed" the therapist of Martin and did not respect any boundaries, the therapist revealed the contents being told in confidentialiy). Sue Johnson, PhD, professor, researcher, and author of Love Sense: The Revolutionary New Science of Romantic Relationships The concepts in this book overlap/integrate with more well-known concepts such as attachment theory and mindfulness, so it is not as intimidating as the title suggests. The writing is also very friendly.

Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors - Booktopia Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors - Booktopia

What I find most fascinating about Fisher’s book is the way she shows that people who have experienced complex trauma can progress better in therapy when they have a good understanding of their fragmented personality, what caused it, and what sustains it. Written by one of the preeminent experts in the field of trauma and dissociation, Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors imparts a vision of hope and validation to those suffering from complex trauma and the therapists who treat them. Janina Fisher's exceptional ability to synthesize the best of cutting edge trauma psychotherapies has resulted in a brilliant and unique roadmap for resolving chronic traumatization. Written with heart, clarity, and precision, this accessible and practical book is an outstanding contribution to the field." The human brain is a remarkable machine, refined by millions of years of evolution for survival. Perhaps its most remarkable feature is its ability to learn and adapt to different environments. One of the most extreme, but far from rare, situations that humans have to develop coping mechanisms for is abuse at the hands of a caregiver. My method focuses on treating the effects of traumatic events, as opposed to treating the event itself, and on managing unsafe and addictive impulses as trauma-driven rather than manipulative and attention-seeking. We show clients how to use mindful observation to develop a relationship with their feelings, their impulses, and their traumatized parts. This reminds us of a fundamental difference between mental health and other areas of medicine. An operation or pill can work just as well regardless of how well you understand its mechanism.

I am in love with Janina’s model. It is body-based, collaborative, and anti-oppressive. It has helped me develop more compassion for my clients’ parts, my own parts, and family members’ parts too. Full Book Name: Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Internal Self-Alienation Janina Fisher’s unique blending of IFS ‘parts’ with sensorimotor and mindfulness-based therapy is a terrific enhancement to psychodynamic work. Although grounded in structural dissociation theory and trauma treatment, Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors offers insights that will enrich the knowledge-base of therapists treating higher-functioning as well as deeply traumatized individuals. I recommend this remarkable book to all psychotherapists, especially psychodynamic ones, who will discover an extraordinary opportunity to expand their clinical horizons." Adding to the challenge is the fact that many traumatised clients present with overlapping symptoms I am truly inspired by how hard therapists work and how much they put themselves on the line to help their clients. If you want to learn how to treat the clients at the highest risk, the clients most demanding to take on, or those you may have felt ill-equipped to handle, join me in learning this unique and effective method.

Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors

As the subtitle “Overcoming Internal Self-Alienation” indicates, a central theme of the book is the phenomenon of dissociation, which is found in so many survivors of trauma.

respect: says something about my inner atttitude! If I treat a homeless person without respect, this is saying something about me and my (im)maturity, not the person. If I treat them with respect, it says something about me and my attitude (replace "homeless" with any stigmatised group - people of colour, people living in poverty, women, gay people etc. etc.). If we need "tolerance", it means we have prejudices but are aware of them and have decided not to act on them. No-one would say: "I have tolerance towards people with brown/or blue eyes".... TIST is designed for very complex, difficult-to-treat clients; the ones therapists often feel overwhelmed by, and refer to other therapists. Therapists feel helpless and ineffective, and clients feel more shame and hopelessness. TIST changes all that.

Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors

Fisher discusses the ways that dissociation, or alienation, manifests itself in people who have been through extended periods of trauma. She explains a biological mechanism for these symptoms, which makes sense in the light of contemporary neuroscience and the study of human and animal behavior. Dissociation — the fracturing of the personality into different parts — is the easiest, and perhaps the only possible, way of doing this. For the last 30 years, I’ve been on a mission to help survivors of trauma. My approach takes the intensity out of trauma treatment and helps even the most resistant clients. recognition: can and must be earned through participation and giving to society, what we contribute, in whatever form Janina Fisher's unique blending of IFS 'parts' with sensorimotor and mindfulness-based therapy is a terrific enhancement to psychodynamic work. Although grounded in structural dissociation theory and trauma treatment, Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors offers insights that will enrich the knowledge-base of therapists treating higher-functioning as well as deeply traumatized individuals. I recommend this remarkable book to all psychotherapists, especially psychodynamic ones, who will discover an extraordinary opportunity to expand their clinical horizons."

Customer reviews

In this respect, therapy bears a close relationship to philosophy and many religious traditions, in particular those based on meditation and self-reflection. Mindfulness, of course, is the most cited example of a psychological technique that developed from a religious (specifically a Buddhist) source, but the observation applies more widely. Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Internal Self-Alienation by Janina Fisher – eBook Details Written by one of the preeminent experts in the field of trauma and dissociation, Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors imparts a vision of hope and validation to those suffering from complex trauma and the therapists who treat them. Janina Fisher’s exceptional ability to synthesize the best of cutting edge trauma psychotherapies has resulted in a brilliant and unique roadmap for resolving chronic traumatization. Written with heart, clarity, and precision, this accessible and practical book is an outstanding contribution to the field." Because of this, despite your best efforts you can never treat the root of their challenges: the legacy

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment