276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Rimmel Edition 2 In 1 Concealer Pot 140 Medium COSRIM756

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The most important consideration is the shade, so be sure to view the colors on an untinted screen when shopping online. In most cases, you should opt for a concealer that's one to two shades lighter than your foundation. However, celebrity makeup artist Robert Sesnek says, "If you're using concealer for blemishes, I recommend matching it to your foundation."

Concealer by itself is a great way to lighten the eye, and this is perfect for everyday natural makeup," advises Amy. "For the ultimate brightness, opt for a corrector underneath to banish any darkness first, as this will give a flawless under-eye lift." Browse these concealer brushes for the best application. Where should you put concealer? As soon as I tried it, I thought it was going to be the winner. It smoothed out over my under-eye area, creating a blurring effect. I also loved how hydrated and healthy my skin looked after putting it on. The drugstore is my favorite place to shop for makeup. It feels like a double win when you find a holy-grail product and it’s affordable. Of the 14 drugstore brands I tested, the CoverGirl TruBlend Undercover Concealer takes the crown.

The Neutrogena Healthy Skin Radiant Cream Concealer ( available at Target) clung to dry patches that I didn’t know I had and only looked decent on my skin from far away. Our main tester began using Tarte as part of full-coverage makeup to cover up acne scarring. She still loves it, even as her preferences have shifted to more natural makeup. A little bit goes a long way. You can get full coverage with a single swipe of the larger doe-foot applicator. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser ( available at Target) comes in a tube with a sponge-tipped applicator. That makes application messier and seemingly less hygienic. This NARS concealer earned high marks during our test—especially for how it covered blemishes in addition to brightening the under-eye area. It works beautifully to camouflage dark circles and discoloration thanks to the buildable full-coverage formula, and we love that the finish is a soft matte, meaning that it's not as dry or flat as other matte options. And despite being a matte formula in a pot, the texture is surprisingly creamy, making it very easy to blend. While it can emphasize obvious dry patches, we found that it looked incredibly smooth in general. It also works beautifully to cover red blemishes and control oil surrounding breakouts.

When it comes to creating a fresh, wide-awake look, concealer is essential. Designed to be applied after foundationand before setting powder, its number one job is to cover under-eye circles, pimples, dark spots, and scars. But masking blemishes is far from the only thing concealer does. Unfortunately, three of the five testers (myself included) got a shade that didn’t match our expectations when shopping online. In my case, “Vanilla” was much darker and tanner than I expected a “fair neutral” shade to look. The concealer looked great in isolation, but certainly didn’t match my skin tone. You don’t want to have to reapply your concealer throughout the day. The best formulas will provide longwear coverage. To prevent fading or creasing, always set your concealer with powder. If you have dry skin, try only setting the areas where you concealed and leaving the rest of your face powder-free. When searching for a concealer to cover under-eye circles, however, it’s better to go with a product that is a shade or two lighter than your natural skin tone. This will brighten up the area. Go with an under-eye concealer that has peach or pink tones as this will help counteract the bluish tones of dark circles.

If you’re using your concealer to cover up blemishes and discoloration, you do want a concealer that matches your skin tone as closely as possible so that it will look natural when blended. A concealer with yellow tones will help counteract redness. Like foundation, concealers offer different finishes, including matte, radiant, natural, and soft, as well as varying levels of coverage (sheer, medium, and full). "I personally like a moisturizing fuller-coverage concealer, as it can be sheered down or built up depending on your concerns," says Sesnek.

Like the Tarte Shape Tape, its larger doe-foot applicator deposits plenty of concealer onto the skin for a full-coverage look. However, it can easily be thinned out and blended into the skin on lighter makeup days. Wear: How does the concealer hold up when you go through your normal makeup routine? Did the concealer stay on and stay effective throughout the day? How comfortable was it to wear the concealer throughout the day? Pat McGrath knows a thing or two about creating beautiful complexion formulas, and this concealer is one of them. With a creamy and lightweight consistency, it applies smoothly and evenly under the eyes. We loved that the formula is buildable, so you can get medium or full coverage to suit your preferences, and we were impressed that it was pretty resistant to creasing. Also notable is this product's expansive shade range, with 36 hues to choose from—the second-highest number on this list behind Fenty Beauty's concealer. With that being said, the shades do lean pretty yellow in tone, so if you have cool, pink undertones, it could be challenging to find a shade that matches your skin tone perfectly.The Wet n Wild Photo Focus Concealer ( available at Target) has an incredibly limited shade range of just 14, majority being light colors. The applicator felt dry on the skin and didn’t hold a lot of product. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but creasing is natural if you yourself have creases," says Chanel. "And that’s okay! Making sure the product is evenly distributed in the crease and set with a hydrating, non-drying powder is key. However, if you don’t have under-eye creases and seem to still see some creasing in your makeup, then make sure you’re letting the product set properly before blending. And though it feels counterintuitive, use less product. An excess of product is often the reason someone who otherwise has a smooth under eye will see creasing in their concealer." We fell in love with this concealer during our test of the best drugstore concealers, and we've continued to love it throughout testing. The serum-like formula is very lightweight and blendable, and we were incredibly impressed by how skin-like it looked once it set down. You won't get super full coverage from this one, but it's versatile because you can sheer it out for light coverage or build it up to yield medium-to-full coverage. We did experience a bit of creasing in prominent creases under the eyes, though this wasn't a dealbreaker because you can gently tap out the creased areas with your fingertips without ruining the application. Not only does it look smooth and subtly radiant under the eyes, but some of our editors even use it as a foundation thanks to the weightless texture, beautiful coverage, and natural finish.

You can find color-correcting concealers in both cream and liquid forms. These come in colors like green, yellow, and pink, depending on what you want to correct. We opted not to test these, as they are usually layered before your foundation or flesh-toned concealer anyway. More Concealer Options If you're someone who doesn't put on a full face of makeup every day, you may have an idea that concealer is reserved only for full-on, heavy makeup looks. But there is actually a wide range of full-coverage concealers that offer a buildable base, which gives skin a natural-looking, smooth finish all on its own. Where foundations can sometimes feel too heavy for everyday wear, full-coverage concealers can step in as your new base bestie. Some concealers work best under the eyes, while others are better for concealing blemishes. Many concealers can multitask, or you can buy two different concealers to target each area. Not everyone reading this will have my skin type or tone—normal-to-dry fair skin with neutral undertones. That’s why I enlisted four panelists who tried the top four concealers and answered questions about the following attributes: The Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Flawless Wear Concealer ( available at Sephora) was not a standout in any of our tests. It faded throughout the day, took a little more concealer to cover everything, and has an unimpressive shade range of 22.

FAQ

Coverage: How many swipes or how much concealer did it take to fully conceal what you wanted to cover?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment