276°
Posted 20 hours ago

1STec Genuine Virgin Media 2 Way Y Splitter for TiVo V6 Digital Set Top Box or Superhub 3 Internet Modem Router. 5-1218MHZ splitter also for Freeview DVB-C/T2/S 5-1000MHZ (2-Way Splitter)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

VM won’t send equipment like this out, especially if it involves multiple splitting of a balanced signal. The more output ports a splitter has, the more cumulative signal loss that occurs. Admittedly this isn’t much loss generally, but the higher the number of ports you’re using, the more your signal can be affected. The question I have is around how to cable it. I will be running an ethernet cable down to the cellar from the existing superhub, into a cupboard that will house a second router/switch, then from there to each of the rooms (probably 2 ethernet ports in each room, but maybe only 1). Whilst I am running the cat5 I want to get the cabling for multiroom in place. I had thought that the coax cable that comes from the VM feed for the second Tivo can drop down through the same hole from the main living room (where it currently enters through a hole that takes the first coax) and into the same cupboard where I could then put some sort of distribution in. I haven't decided exactly where the second Tivo will live but I want to have the option to use it in any of the 3 rooms. Is that possible? Do I need to have VM do this or can I do it myself? And what sort of cable and distribution box do I need to use? I am hoping that I can simply use some sort of cable splitter that has 1 in and 3 or more out. Is there such a thing? For the main living room I've actually placed four coax there: two for the sat TV, one for the return and the other to connect to Virgin in feed from the street (again, relying on me eventually shifting the box into the loft/hub). We could look at getting the 2 way splitter sent out, but as advised the connections would not fit. As it is now working fine, I think it would be best to keep it as it is.

World of Data 2 Way F-Connector (Satellite) Cable Splitter

The coaxial cables which are connected to the hub and V6 have exactly the same specification*, and the only difference is that sometimes the lengths are not the same or, occasionally, a cable is faulty. Ensure as well that the impedance of the splitter matches what you’re connecting it to. For example, televisions and the like are 75-ohm devices, so your splitter should be rated for this impedance. Does a Coaxial Cable Splitter Cause Signal Loss?There are no such thing as HDMI version 2.0b cables. The version numbers relate to hardware and not the cables. Your existing cables would in all probability have been fine as long as they are rated HIGH SPEED and no longer than 5m in length. Longer length cables can be problematic when conveying higher bandwidth UHD video over them. How long are these cables? Chances are that if your cable run from the source is up to 100 feet in length, and you’re using a splitter with a small number of ports, your receiving device will get the signal just fine. Make sure each connection is tight and keep in mind that splitter connections aren’t generally weatherproof, so you may want to take measures if the splitter is installed outdoors. Use the Appropriate Splitter

Virgin Media 3 Way Technetix Passive Wideband 1STec Genuine Virgin Media 3 Way Technetix Passive Wideband

Unfortunately the 10m cable is unavoidable. Didn't realise length played a part in the quality of the feed. Believe the output is 4k but the actual programme is 1080i so don't know if that makes a difference? I was reading a few discussions on 'magic eye' IR control for Tivo (not as straightforward as Sky) and fairly confident on that: Where the cable feeds into the lounge is a small white termination box, which I couldn't get to last night (behind the TV); it is Telewest branded, and has the cable TV feed coming from it (at the bottom).

In simple terms, a coaxial cable splitter (like the GE splitter with 2 output ports above) is a device that’s designed and built for the purpose of providing multiple outlets for one signal.

1STec Genuine Virgin Media 2 Way Y Splitter for TiVo V6

If you're a regular Superdrug shopper, you can now earn more freebies and discounts under its Health & Beautycard loyalty scheme, as the retailer has launched new 'VIP Rewards' as part of it. I will be having a second box so the cat 6 matrix won't be how I want to distribute it as I want the second box to be independent of the first. My comment regarding the ethernet cabling was simply to say that I will be laying some cabling through access in the floor and will be laying the rest at the same time. As the walls are being tanked I can't add cabling once it is done. They update on my issue. I've split the signal between my tivo and my new zgemma h5. Tivo is running perfectly but h5 is unstable now. Is this normal and is there anyway to sort it You have to set the V6 to 2160p if wanting to access anything that is broadcast with a native 4K resolution. This unfortunately means that every channel is output at 2160p even if this isn't its native resolution. Even though it is only scaled up to this, the signal still requires more bandwidth.

Keep in mind that cable splitters vary in both quality and frequency range. Quality might affect how much signal loss occurs on the splitter, and frequency range should be matched to the types of signals you’re splitting. The table below estimates signal loss occurring on a two-way and four-way splitter, in addition to insertion loss. Keep in mind this table is only an estimate and you may find slightly different estimates elsewhere. Your typical coaxial splitter has one input port for your coaxial cable and multiple output ports for joining other coaxial cables.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment