276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Stolen: the prize-winning psychological thriller

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Subtitled A Letter to My Captor, the book is told in second person narrative as a letter from Gemma to Ty. Gemma's voice sounds too cool, level-headed and distant, which doesn't look convening given how much the girl had gone through. Instead we feel for Ty, sympathize him for what he went through and find ourselves thinking how everything would be better if Gemma just gave him the love he wanted. It's a story about being forced to readapt, to start over a whole new life a,D being able to make it work out for the best. But then again, sometimes the open ended ending really is the best, because you are always rooting for the patient to pull through and for the romance to continue, but as Lurlene McDaniel has proved, there is just something about death that can also make a perfect ending, because it is sad, beautiful, and reflects reality.

RELEASE - a new Thriller from Lucy Christopher - Out Now RELEASE - a new Thriller from Lucy Christopher - Out Now

Here is a quick description and cover image of book Stolen: A Letter to My Captor written by Lucy Christopher which was published in 2009-5-4. When she finds out her captor, Ty, is about to be released from prison after serving his ten year sentence, she ruins her potential relationship and becomes set on talking to Ty, hoping to get answers that will fix her. The subplots are wound together very skillfully, and I was glad to find a gentle animal story with a touch of innocent budding romance, some worry about illness for a little drama, and some family tension. This is not only a story about kidnapping or dispair or being forced to live in the harsh surroundings of the Australian desert. Ally-Joh Gowan-Day reviews Release by Lucy Christopher – the sequel to her novel, Stolen – which picks up ten years on from the kidnapping of Kate Stone.Stolen was one of the first books I ever reviewed and I absolutely fell in love with Christopher’s dreamy, lyrical prose and well-defined characters. specially for those of us who are too far to visit you when you come down to bath), many thanks and much appreciated! I would have loved for there to be a sequel or maybe a short novella about how the process would have ended, but like I said, I'm more than okay with it being an open ending as well. The main character, Gemma, is a strong and capable girl who actually makes smart decisions after being kidnapped by Ty.

Flyaway by Lucy Christopher | Goodreads Flyaway by Lucy Christopher | Goodreads

Finally, there is a thread about a budding romance Isla has with a boy awaiting a bone marrow transplant. I hated some of the moments in this book- could not even begin to imagine myself feeling even the slightest bit of empathy for certain characters. But I do think it's sad that someone like him, who wanted nothing more than to be one with nature, was reduced to spending his days in a small cell. I would love to see another book, maybe from Ty’s perspective after he leaves Gemma the next morning!

From my experience, the wrong one is always the easiest, but leads to eventual downfall, just as the right one is full of hurdles, but ultimately leads to happiness. Now, ten years on from her debut novel, Christopher has written her first adult novel and a follow-up to Stolen, entitled Release. In the book Isla’s father goes through a heart attack which takes a huge toll on their family; in the midst of it all Isla found something to distract her and maybe help her find some closure with everything going on. It’s a gripping psychological thriller that explores a young woman’s discovery of the complicated truth about a relationship that once seemed alluring. Christopher had made Gemma's kidnapping in Bangkok airport and she being spirited away to the Australian Outback sound ways too easy.

Gemma Toombs in Stolen | Shmoop Gemma Toombs in Stolen | Shmoop

This book is filled with beautiful language and description of the swan that has an almost mystical connection to Isla and the budding love between Isla and Harry as well as the often complicated familial bonds that keep some members close and others at a distance.I do have to admit, however, that the ending to this is perfect and it doesn't need a sequel at all. The book may have been more powerful had we fallen in love with a man who was a little bit rough, a little bit forceful, a little bit cruel and yet Gemma depended on him for her survival.

Stolen by Lucy Christopher | Goodreads Stolen by Lucy Christopher | Goodreads

Her relationship with Harry is reminiscent of an early Hazel and Augustus from The Fault in Our Stars, and also for a younger set of kids.I was in tears at some points, because of Gemma’s struggles and the fact that I genuinely liked Ty and felt bad for him when she would say certain things that would hurt his feelings.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment