276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pack Up the Moon

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He leaned in the doorway and just took in the sight —his wife (the word still gave him a thrill)—her dark red hair loose around her shoulders, her creamy skin glowing in the candlelight. “Guess what I got you,” she said. “I have no idea.” “It starts with ‘sexy’ and ends with ‘time.’” “Just what I wanted.” He loosened his tie. “You’re not too tired?” he asked. “Do I look tired? Readers will be riveted as the well-drawn characters uncover one another’s hidden depths and heal old wounds. This rich and memorable story will instantly win readers over.”— Publishers Weekly ( starred review) New York Times bestselling author Kristan Higgins tells a heartwarming and heartbreaking story about young love, loss and the lingering effects of grief. A story about resilience and everlasting love, this stunningly written tale is a true tearjerker." Good Morning America Rachael’s characters capture your heart slowly, quietly, until before you know it, you love them. You're willing to follow them, even as they head into the darkest corners of heartbreak. And you cheer for them when they find even the most fragile beauty and connection.

When I try to review it, it sounds dark, and what I want to convey is really its amazing lightness - a balance that Rachael Herron has managed deftly. She manages to put her characters through the hardest tests, and yet comes out with a book that is hopeful and full of love. It’s an honest book, not sugar coated. It looks at how much secrets weigh. It plumbs the mystery of where hope comes from, even amidst enormous loss.The few KH books I have read so far have been enjoyable. This one seemed to deviate from her typical style and fell short for me. I do not have an issue with the subject of death/dying or the premise of this book. In fact, I don't mind a tear-jerker if it is thought-provoking, moving, or the characters evolve through tragedy. I also have a weakness for epistolary style novels and had high hopes this would not disappoint like P.S. I Love You. Sadly, this was probably a bigger letdown due to my expectations and anticipation for the release. Every month, a letter. That's what Lauren decides to leave her husband when she finds out she's dying. Each month, she gives Josh a letter containing a task to help him face this first year without her, leading him on a heartrending, beautiful, often humorous journey to find happiness again in this new novel from the New York Times best-selling author Kristan Higgins. For someone like the speaker who has suffered a loss, the world is transformed. But to everyone else, nothing changes. Time doesn’t slow down, and no one cares what’s happening. The indifference of the world plagues the speaker in this poem. They plead with the world to feel as they do, understand his grief, and even participate in it. But Lauren, his wife, had a plan to keep him moving forward. A plan hidden in the letters she leaves him, giving him a task for every month in the year after her death. In an effort to soften the loss, Lauren writes a letter for each month of the first year she is gone for Josh to read. Each letter includes one task for him to complete. The letters give him a lifeline, a way to hear from her again, and a focus for the month. The tasks lead Josh to step outside of his comfort zone and meet people he might not otherwise have met. He slowly begins the healing process, surrounded by their families and friends.

JOSH WAS IGNORING the holidays this year. They were hard to avoid outside in the real world, so he went out as little as possible, still trying to adjust to the fact that he’d met his father, and trying to ignore Christmas. Lauren had been a Christmas zealot. It felt grotesque that the holiday was happening without her. Then Jen asked to come over one Saturday afternoon, and Josh said yes instantly.A thoroughly entertaining exploration of families’ complexities—from bitter disappointment to quiet strengths.”— People Magazine, Book of the Week

Josh and Lauren are a young couple over the moon in love. They have their whole lives ahead of them. Until Lauren receives devastating news. She has a terminal condition known as IPF (idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis). Lauren is a thriving professional and newlywed in her late 20s when she is diagnosed with a terminal illness. She and her husband Josh are forced to face a future much different than the life they envisioned together.

Sabemos, e sentimos, que Estarás Sempre Comigo foi escrito com conhecimento de causa, o que permite que surjam, numa leitura que se classifica como «leve», algumas afirmações gritantemente profundas e perspicazmente sinceras sobre a vida e o que é realmente importante na mesma. Surpreendeu-me a forma simplificada como a autora abordou este nível de complexidade emocional, tornando-a bastante mais credível e muito pouco forçada. Acompanhamos bem de perto a grande luta de Emma, as suas pequenas conquistas, a forma como vai cambaleando entre dias ao início para depois passar a caminhar a uma passada mais regular e, por fim, mais decidida. Don’t let me be your life’s tragedy. Let me be one of the best things that ever happened. One of the many best things that ever happened to you. Let our time together be a beautiful, happy time in your life that came to an end, but led to more happiness, more love. Emma era professora, vivia com o amor da sua vida e rodeada de amigos que amava e que a amavam, contudo uma tragédia condiciona todo o seu futuro e a forma como a mesma via o mundo que a rodeava. Ainda no auge da sua juventude deixando-se levar pelas loucuras e devaneios dessa mesma fase, vê-se assaltada pela perda de alguém que lhe é muito especial. Filled with hilarious honesty and heartwarming moments…A moving portrait of a family putting their differences aside in favor of love.”— Women’s World The melodrama of the narrator’s emotions in ‘Funeral Blues’peaks with the penultimate line as they suggest doing away with the oceans. It is clear that they feel that now the person that they are mourning has been removed from their lives that they will never enjoy happiness again. This is extremely powerful and emotional material and anyone who has suffered a tragic loss will no doubt be able to relate to the content of this poem.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment