276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Heart Bones: Colleen Hoover

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The title, Slammed, is a reference to poetry readings which are called “Slammings” at coffee houses and cafes where they are featured. In this story we meet Layken, an 18 year old forced into the new setting of small town Michigan after being raised in Texas. It’s weird, though, isn’t it? Why do people judge other people based on how tightly their skin clings to their bones?” I’ve imagined this moment for a while now. Sometimes when you hate someone enough, you can’t help but lie awake in bed at night, wondering what life would be like if that person were dead.

Colleen Hoover’s Books, Ranked - Glamour All of Colleen Hoover’s Books, Ranked - Glamour

Beyah and Sara have a growing friendship that I adore. However, the father/daughter relationship is . . . rushed and unsatisfying. I would’ve loved to see how Beyah removed her animosity towards Brian and how they repaired their relationship.Samson comes clean about his past, revealing that he hadn’t grown up rich like she and everyone assumed, rather he lived a small life with his father…on a sailboat. The old man whose corpse they’d found days earlier was, in fact, his father whose death led him to a last resort: stealing. Samson had done many shady things in his past to survive when he only had himself to rely on. Beyah, understanding his struggles on a personal level is determined to help him. The love story: Samson and Beyah are interested in each other from the beginning when they see each other on a ferry. Both of them keep nearly everything to themselves and both have endured a lot. The romance is not insta-love and is very romantic. I think I grew a heart bone as well! Even though I’m not a huge fan of the summer romance/summer fling trope, I really liked this one. Because it just turned out being more. This was just so sweet and emotional. This book is a mood in its own way for those damaged and the non fun people and I loved it!! I've NEVER expected less from Colleen Hoover since I read Ugly Love. She's this author that will totally sweep you away. And this story? This story is absolutely at it's best that I think I've also grown a heart bone!

Heart Bones Download - OceanofPDF [PDF] [EPUB] Heart Bones Download - OceanofPDF

A young adult romance about revealing the darkest secrets, trying to trust again and defining what family means. Weeks pass and Beyah wants an explanation—for everything, including his life and the relationship he had with the old man. Samson continues to push off the conversation and, on the night before he intended to tell her about everything, he’s arrested. Police raid his home and accuse him of breaking in and entering. This is proven true when Beyah visits him the next day.They have a rather pitiful, embarrassing, and not so cute meet cute. Their attraction was swift, but I loved their strong connection, deep conversations, intense interactions, and their heavy with meaning small touches. Basically, I loved how they were with each other. I’ve found her unresponsive several times over the years, but this feels different. This feels final. It’s the first sunset I’ve ever felt this deep in my chest. I feel my eyes begin to tear up at the sheer beauty of it. This book was really sweet, but also really sad and heartbreaking. in this story we follow this young girl named Beyah, who lives in a trailer park with an addict for a Mother. Her life seems to be falling apart when her Mother dies of an overdose and she finds herself homeless in the summer after her senior year of high school. So she calls her birth Father who she barely ever see anymore and asks to stay with him for the summer. This is a romance story about two broken people finding hope in each other again, as well as a coming of age story. I can’t remember the last time I’ve read a Colleen Hoover book. There was a time in my life where I would devour each and every book of hers. But I suddenly stopped. Her books started to feel like they were following the same formula.

HEART BONES | Kirkus Reviews HEART BONES | Kirkus Reviews

The third installment in Colleen Hoover’s immensely popular series has the story told from the point of view of Will, Layken’s love in the original two books. This is a genuine story of young newlyweds, and the years of discovery still going on between these two beloved characters. I feel like it's best to go into this book not knowing a whole lot, as I'd say it is for most of Colleen Hoover books. This book is sad and devastating, Beyah experiences a lot of tragedy and hard times at such a young age and these experiences have shaped her as a person. I adored her step-sister Sara in this book, and Samson was frustrating at first but he also grew on me as the book progressed. This book is everything you'd expect from a Colleen Hoover book, it's sad as hell, it'll make you cry, it has dark characters with mysterious pasts, etc. But some scenes in this book really touched me and I won't forget about those scenes anytime soon. like the scene when Samson went down to the beach to watch her play volleyball and cheered her on because he knew no one in her life had ever done that for her, that shit was precious. I also loved how he would set an alarm on her phone and they'd watch the sunrise together, that was adorable too.Heart Bones is essentially a beach read, Colleen Hoover style, which means it’s heartbreaking and intense. And since the only requirement I have for beach reads is that it takes place on the beach, this book worked for me! And even though I just said it was heartbreaking, Heart Bones was surprisingly an easy, enjoyable read. It didn’t hit quite as emotional as I’m used to from this author but it does have a twist towards the end in classic CoHo style. I wish it could’ve been longer because there was so much to explore near the end but I did like the unique storyline and the heroine’s journey in discovering love and family. I enjoyed this book. It was a pleasant surprise with enough story to keep me interested. There were also some unexpected twists. This story was mostly a romance. And unfortunately, the romance part is my least favorite part of the book. Due to their immediate connection, Beyah and Samson agree to date but only as a summer fling or “the shallow end.” Neither wants to become too attached, however, it doesn’t go as planned. Simultaneously, Beyah slowly becomes acclimated to her father, stepmom, and new stepsister—Sarah. Her relationship is slowly healing with her dad, though he is kept in the dark about her childhood and teen years for a very long time.

Review: Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover - What Is That Book About Review: Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover - What Is That Book About

Even though the side characters (Brian the father, Alana the stepmother, Sara the stepsister with her boyfriend Marco, and Marjorie the grandma next door) are all different shades of kind, nice, and lovely; they are also somewhat . . . hollow. As with all of Colleen Hoover’s books, the writing is solid. I always enjoy the way she builds her characters. Beyah is broken from her traumatic past but has an inner strength I admired. Her new family is wonderful – I genuinely loved that she forms a friendship with her stepsister, who is so kind and endearing. Samson’s character wasn’t as compelling as I hoped it would be. I was curious about his secrets and absolutely didn’t expect the twist towards the end with his character, but he’s definitely not a new favorite Colleen Hoover hero for me. I don’t understand humans sometimes. I hate it, because I find myself wishing that the entirety of humanity would suffer just a tiny amount more than they do. In case you DO want a membership, just read this book cause: (1) It’s so sad, it’s a mood; (2) After spending most of the 2nd half chapters sobbing my eyes out, I can confirm that I am now positively ✧ damaged ✧. So, let’s welcome me to this club (with a hug, please)! ✨ 😭A thoughtful exploration of how poverty impacts people's choices and blurs the lines between good and bad behavior. A book begging to be read on the beach, with the sun warming the sand and salt in the air: pure escapism. beyah’s mother was a shitty person. i’ll give her that, and the idea that she never tried to step up and be a parent just infuriated me. and beyah calling her mom by her real name really shows how their dynamic was. however, i am so proud of beyah for getting over the situation and embracing what happened. i felt like it started to dragged on when she refused to tell her dad about her mother’s passing but i did like the outcome once it was revealed. and in part i think she helped beyah learn that her mom had a choice in the path of her life and samson had none. i just loved how the beach was portrayed and how they described it. beyah’s reaction to seeing the ocean for the first time was amazing and it brought out another side to her character. not to mention it made me want to go to the beach more than i already do, which is often. the houses, the sunsets, and everything were so fun to imagine even given the simplicity of it added with the description of the big, rich mansions. Se ha vuelto una costumbre. Los libros de Coleen Hoover son una aventura (o me gustan o no me gustan) y una subida a una montaña rusa (las emociones fuertes no faltan en sus libros).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment