276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Cosmic Slumber Tarot

£9.31£18.62Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I haven’t seen that one before, and when I was new at tarot, I always had trouble remembering that wands were the suit that represented fire, so that’s very clear! To enable personalised advertising (like interest-based ads), we may share your data with our marketing and advertising partners using cookies and other technologies.

For example, the Star of The Cosmic Slumber Tarot delights me because Walden’s Star is a real woman who radiates comfort and tranquility. As far as ability, gender, age, and sexuality, your mileage may vary- personally, I read quite a few of the characters as queer and non-conforming and I’d argue that as the creator identifies as queer, this reading of the deck is not only invited it is intentioned. I overhand shuffle and they are perfect, I’m not a great riffle shuffler but found these a little clunky to riffle but think once they are broken in (and if you are good at riffle shuffling) these will be absolutely fine. Some decks, and an example that comes to mind is the Modern Spellcasters Tarot (deck review here), where the suit of Swords is Fire while the suit of Wands is Air. This hand-painted tarot deck is a kaleidoscope of colors, drawing inspiration from subconscious and subliminal states to create a deck that is both soulful and vibrant.If you are familiar with the Rider Waite Smith classic tarot then you will have no problems in using this deck as it imagery and symbolism is quite familiar.

Another 2 cards I would love to mention are The Lovers and The Devil, I like to see these cards together and in The Cosmic Slumber they definitely show nice reflection and duality between the two.

Rather, it conveys someone making a wish, but I leave feeling uncertain whether that wish will be granted. I will say that the round tin made me picture the deck as circular and I haven’t been able to get that breathtaking image out of my head since.

These card meanings are comprehensive enough for the deck set to be user-friendly to total tarot beginners. Each of the suits follow a particular colour scheme; the torches featuring deep purples, whilst the cups feature shades of blue, the swords feature tones of red and the pentacles feature earthy, shades of green. Having been teaching myself how to art, let me tell you just how challenging it is to draw dynamic movement in water. Figuring out the meaning for yourself, in your own time, is part of what it means to engage with the tarot.The Cosmic Slumber Tarot is a beautiful, cosmic re-imagining of the Tarot, the colors in this deck are just wonderful.

The deck has a very smooth, high gloss finish which keeps the cards from sticking together and enables shuffling without the cards ever clumping. A novice tarot reader can use this deck with no problems as it keeps to the symbolism and intent of the RWS tarot. There are several cards that, upon first run through, do not adhere greatly to the RWS system so many tarotists practice, and even for intuitive readers, I suspect there may be some curious glances as they determine what exactly is being conveyed. The colors are incredibly vibrant, and each of the minor arcana suits have distinct color themes, which tie them together in a way that feels very coherent. What I keep repeating is this: this deck was a pleasant surprise exactly when I needed a pleasant surprise.Deeply wrapped in surrealism and the subconscious, The Cosmic Slumber Tarot finds parallels between the world of omens, portents, archetypes, miracles, and revelations. Accompanying the deck is a hardcover little white book that fits into the slipcase box that provides a nice introduction to the cards for any beginners.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment