276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ultrasun SPF 50 Baby Mineral Sun Cream, 100 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This sunscreen is a mineral sunscreen. It uses titanium dioxide and zinc oxide for sun protection. Both titanium dioxide and zinc oxide almost never irritate even the most sensitive skin and eyes, but can leave a white cast. Irritation risk SPF is one of the best anti-ageing steps you can take, and it’s more effective the earlier you start as the majority of premature skin ageing comes from damaging UV rays. This is why I always start my day off with a hard-working sunscreen that I can wear under my makeup and provide all-day protection. Ideally, babies shouldn’t need to wear sun creams as they ought to be kept in the shade and dressed in light, loose clothing that covers them up. This is obviously a difficult figure to convert into layman’s measures, but with adults being recommended by the World Health Organisation (WHO) to apply 35ml of sun cream (seven teaspoons), it will be between a quarter and half of this amount depending on the age and size of your child. What is the difference between adults and kids sun creams? Some kids’ sun creams are brightly coloured to help parents see if they’ve missed a spot and make application fun, while others come in a spray or roll-on to make application easier for fidgety children.

It’s water-resistant as well, making it perfect for those who enjoy extreme water sports or surfing. Whatever outdoor activity you enjoy – from gardening to triathlons – the Ultrasun Sports Gel will keep you comfortably protected and will keep up with you and your active lifestyle. Ultrasun offers a wide range of sunscreen protection suitable for the whole family! From their ultra sensitive Kids collection, to the Sport range for those always on the move. The luxurious Ultrasun Face range means we’ve got you covered from head to toe! Ultrasun has plenty of added skin care options to choose from, particularly within the Ultrasun Face range. These include anti-pigmentation, anti-ageing, and tinted sunscreens to give your skin a warm glow. Ultrasun’s products do not contain any perfumes, emulsifiers or preservatives so it really is suitable for everyone, even the members of the family with more sensitive skin! Their newest products include Ultrasun Tan Activator and Ultrasun Glimmer giving you the ability to achieve high protection, without sacrificing your tan! Ultrasun also offers a travel size range so you never have to be without your favourite products. Looking for long-lasting protection for the whole family? Ultrasun comes doctor recommended, so you can keep everyone smiling in the sun! The Ultrasun sunscreen range is free from animal testing and vegan friendly* * excluding the Ultrasun Lip Balm (contains beeswax) Ultrasun is the perfect SPF for people who typically hate sun protection, but why I hear you ask? That’s easy – the instantly-absorbing textures, the weightless finishes and the once-a-day application are all reasons to fall in love with this innovative brand and why they stand out amongst their sun care competitors.

Why I love it: This vegan aftersun is a cooling antidote to sun-drenched skin in need of a bit of nourishment. After a day in the sun, skin can feel hot, tight and uncomfortable (especially if you haven’t been wearing sunscreen!) It's not just about sun cream though. We’ve also spoken to child skincare and sun cream experts for their advice on keeping your little ones protected in the sun.

If you’re in your twenties like me, ageing might not be your biggest concern right now. However, I know that my future self will thank me if I start thinking about skin-ageing now and doing what I can to protect against wrinkles and fine lines from appearing. Generally, sun creams for children tend to be a higher protection factor (SPF 50+) and fragrance free – to reduce the number of potential allergens in the sun cream,’ says Dr Rachel Abbott, consultant dermatologist and British Skin Foundation spokesperson. I read about Ultrasun on here and was interested because it seemed like the ideal sunscreen. Long review with photos at the end. UVA rays are the biggest cause of premature ageing on the skin, so this lightweight cream creates a powerful shield to absorb them and prevent them from causing damage. They both offer the same level of performance. However, it’s always best to use caution and ensure your child doesn’t have an allergic reaction to the product, so try it before you head out into the sun,’ says Saul Pyle, a sun cream expert and Technical Director for Skinterest, which carries out research and development on skincare products. What type of sun cream is easier to apply – lotion or spray?There are various factors at play including whether enough sunscreen was applied, whether it was water resistant and your child was getting wet or sweating, and whether there was any transfer onto towels or clothing,’ says Pyle. Our independent lab tests reveal the kids sun creams you can rely on to provide good sun protection. When protecting your baby and child from the sun, you should take a multifaceted approach, and not rely on one method more than another. These should include: Wear a hat

mostly alcohol-free (alcohol is either at the bottom of the list, but the sports options do have alcohol)verifyErrors }}{{ message }}{{ /verifyErrors }}{{ UVA rays are what contribute to tanning and will contribute to premature skin ageing. UVB rays are what burn the skin and turn it red. Both types of UV rays are associated with skin cancer. The skin of babies and children is considered to be more sensitive than adults, so using a kids sun cream should mean less chance of causing irritation, and the higher SPF is a safer bet for their more delicate skin.

Myth Debunked: Yes, you can still get a tan while wearing Ultrasun sunscreen! Not only can you achieve a tan, but the Tan Activator Body will actually improve, prolong and intensify your natural tan. If your skin isn’t susceptible to sun sensitivities but you are planning to go away somewhere or live somewhere with very intense heart conditions, then the Extreme Sun Protection SPF 50+ would still be a good shout due to the very high protection it offers and the high absorption of UVA rays. However, you’ll need to make sure you spend longer spraying the cream onto the skin to ensure you get enough as this method often means you’ll use less. This is because sprays tend to deposit less sun cream onto the skin as it has to be fine enough to be forced through an aerosol or spray pump, which can mean that the droplets are fine enough to not reach the skin, especially if it's a windy day. Ultrasun is a Swiss suncare brand renowned for their leading suncare research and development. The collection has been sold in the UK since 1992 and they are the number 1 premium suncare brand in the UK. Most baby and child sun creams provide an SPF of 50 or 50+, and given that many people under-apply sun cream, using a factor 50 sun cream will provide more of a time buffer for being out in the sun compared with factor 30 sun cream.The tan-enhancing formula will encourage your skin’s natural tanning process to allow you to achieve a sun-kissed glow in a speedier and well-protected manner. However, it’s important that parents don’t rely on sun cream as the only method of sun protection for their child. Sun cream is undoubtedly an important step, but it’s just one part of protecting your child from the sun. I haven’t had a chance to try this on holiday yet. However, I can’t wait for that feeling after a full day on the beach, getting out of the shower and slathering my sun-stressed skin in this cooling, watery aftersun. I might even pop it in the fridge for full-on ice-cold relief! Discover More:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment