276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Cornish Cream Tea Holiday: The most uplifting escapist romance for summer 2022 (The Cornish Cream Tea series, Book 6)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Grumpy x sunshine trope anyone? This was fun and I loved Thea as a character, obviously Scooter the dog had my heart too! Whatever you’re doing this summer, whether you’re going on holiday or staying at home, I hope you find some lovely things to read. So we have Thea who has come away on holiday, but also has her mind on her future and making her dreams come true. She is staying next door to builder Ben, who is renovating his own home and clearly running from something himself.

The Cornish Cream Tea Holiday - Waterstones

Celebrate any occasion in style with our mouthwatering cream teas and heavenly gifts that will surely make their day. Whether it's a birthday, anniversary, or simply a thoughtful surprise, our delectable treats are the perfect choice! The Cornish believe that with the jam being applied first, it’s easier to spread and one can taste the cream better on top. You wouldn’t put cream on the bottom of a fruit salad. ‘Don’t treat your clotted cream like butter and your scone will taste all the better!’ Thea has a mission whilst she’s here to realise her childhood dream and to complete lots of things on her holiday list that she and Esme had drawn up together!

Uploading

No doubt about it, this book was a fabulous read that I urge you to place at the very top of your summer reading this year. It will provide you with the perfect slice of escapism that so many people are desperately craving right now. The only thing I will say is that I understand that this book is book six in the series and using Cornish Cream Tea has worked well for the books all along but I feel we are moving away from the cream tea aspect. I understand wanting to keep the same words in the titles as readers have become familiar with the series and the setting etc but the characters that established this series have been dealt with. Yes, they do make a brief appearance in this book and it’s fun to be able to say oh yes I recall so and so from this book and you remember what happened. But I think the series has become so well established and we have even moved away from the original setting, although not too far, that perhaps the title is slightly misleading at this stage. But that’s just my opinion and really in the major scheme of things it’s very minor. During the three weeks,disappointment, misunderstandings, new friendships and experiences all collude to make Thea realise what she is capable of and what she wants both professionally and personally in her life! In Cornwall, it was traditionally served with a ‘Cornish Split’, a sweet white bread roll instead of a scone. This would be spread with jam then a dollop of Cornish clotted cream on top. Splits are also the base of ‘Thunder and Lightning’, another Cornish treat where the jam is replaced with golden syrup.

Cornish Scone Company | Cornish Cream Tea | Cornish Scones Cornish Scone Company | Cornish Cream Tea | Cornish Scones

What a perfect summer read, especially if you can pair it with a cup of tea and a scone with all the jam and cream!

Godrevy Café

A gorgeous love story, a beguiling romance that transported me to the most beautiful places on earth with characters I adored from the start. It's perfectly pitched between funny, sexy, tender and downright heartbreaking. I loved it .”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment