276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Interior Castle (Thrift Editions)

£2.495£4.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Along the way, practices of prayer, reflection, humility, and self-knowledge turn spiritual insights into experiential and embodied wisdom. With her singular gift of introspection and analysis, the Saint studied her own case from every point of view, so as to make sure that her extraordinary experiences were due to no illusion, and offered no obstacle to the safety of her soul. think of the soul as if it were a really CLEAR crystal, with a brilliant light in the center that you can ENTER like a radiant glass castle with many rooms leading to the brilliant KING GROOM of The soul in its center where soul is eternally joined to the radiant King ! It contained the basis for what she felt should be the ideal journey of faith, comparing the contemplative soul to a castle with seven successive interior courts, or chambers, analogous to the seven heavens.

The Interior Castle or The Mansions - Documenta Catholica Omnia

Active Recollection– Present in the first three stages, this requires an effort to recognize God’s presence in prayer. the light suddenly disappeared, and the crystal, wherein the King of glory was still residing, became opaque and as dark as coal, emitting an intolerable odour; the venomous animals, formerly held in check outside, obtained admittance into the castle. I now know without a doubt that the hours of prayer, meditation, and some quiet contemplation while on the yoga mat, in front of my altar, on long bus rides, during long waits at doctor offices are enough to help me get off of this mortal coil with all the Grace needed. Teresa of Jesus), Teresa was hesitant to begin writing again on her views of the perfection found in internal prayer.

The result was that several entered the religious life, one becoming a Franciscan, two others, who had already taken their degrees, joining the Discalced Carmelites. This part of our journey takes us into the mystical realm where the cutting tool becomes grace in which the role of the Holy Spirit is more prominent than is our own striving. By raising it to the stage of contemplation He gives it fresh light on the mysteries of our Redemption. This book can awaken in you a longing to ascend to God within and when that longing gets strong enough the teacher will appear in a human body and serve as your personal spiritual guide and teacher -free of charge –never leaving you until he has gotten you to your wedding to God and seen you married .

the Mansions of the Interior Castle? - We Dare To Say What are the Mansions of the Interior Castle? - We Dare To Say

In her eyes, the spiritual life, which is the love of God in one's own life, is like a castle with seven "mansions", or levels. James Finley explores the first four Mansions of the Interior Castle focusing on the ‘hinges’ (prayer, experiential self-knowledge, and humility) of the doorways between each that ground your movements through the gifts and challenges of each Mansion. Hence comes, as from a fountain-head, notwithstanding the obscurity (to our manner of thinking) of its language, the doctrine of the great masters of the spiritual life such as Hugh of St.will clearly understand that the spirit of Mother Tireza ( sic) of Jesus is true, since it leads to the same effects as are to be found in the saints; and because this is in truth my judgment and opinion, I have hereunto set my name, this, the 22nd day of February, 1582. Jerome, which determined her to adopt the religious life, not so much through any attraction towards it, as through a desire of choosing the safest course. From this point forward, Teresa moved into a period of increasingly ecstatic experiences in which she came to focus more and more sharply on Christ's passion. Paul, particularly where he says "the sufferings of this time are not worthy to be compared with the glory to come that shall be revealed in us," 17 Laying stress on these words, "shall be revealed in us," she was so overjoyed that I was quite astonished. Secondly, she was greatly surprised at the malice of sin, since, notwithstanding the presence of God in these various ways, it prevents the soul from partaking of that powerful light.

The Interior Castle: Introduction - Internet Sacred Text Archive The Interior Castle: Introduction - Internet Sacred Text Archive

Tell him that the person he knows has arrived at this Mansion and enjoys the peace there described; that she is entirely at rest, and that some grave theologians have assured her that she is on a safe road.If we neglect to go within due to running after worldly acquisitions it would be like missing our wedding to collect “ a mess of potage” (Genesis 25:27 34; Heb. As there is a limit to footnotes, I have contented myself with such references as seemed to me conducive to the elucidation of the doctrine laid down in this treatise.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment