276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Men Pure Malt Edt Vapo 100ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It is awesome that Thierry Mugler has re-released Pure Malt in its new, improved Creation 2013 incarnation - a very smart move which shows that this great house is responsive to the desires of fans and aficionados alike, and as the original A Men secured its place in fragrance history I have no doubt that Pure Malt is equally worthy of status as a classic and in many ways revolutionary fragrance.

I sprayed it immediately thought hmm a little sweet for my novice nose. After trying a handful of others from I kept on trying to figure out what this awesome smell was, and discovered that fragrances have layers, too, heart, base, drydown, etc. Have to say I agree with @merekkalinowski very little difference between this an the original. The sales assistant (a very pleasant French lady) was so eager to tell me the story about the whiskey casks and how exclusive this juice was, which was nice actually as most I talk to don't have a clue about fragrances or show any real enthusiasm. Ultimate has no resemblance to the rest of the A*men line.. zip, nada, nothing. If i were to compare it to something, i would say it reminds me somewhat of Versace Eros and Blue Jeans - citrusy, woody vanilla. However, while it is not like the other A*men, it is still a good fragrance. I have gotten compliments wearing it. It definitely is sweet, you must like sweet gourmands to enjoy this. Performance is pretty good, I get several hours on skin, and longer on clothes. Pure Malt opens with a rich, sweet, cozy, powerful, boozy accord. It’s intense but pleasant; it’s playful yet sophisticated. Imagine being well dressed, eating desserts and drinking beer and whiskey at a fancy brewery, laughing and having a good time with your friends around holiday season, that’s what Pure Malt smells like. The sweetness here is a mixture of burnt caramel, dried fruits, honey, and of course malt. I learned from youtuber Redolessence that this fragrance contains ethyl maltol, which is responsible for creating this malt + caramel feel. The sweetness is slightly synthetic but it smells so delicious I don’t really care. The original A*Men DNA is still present but the harshness and patchouli are toned down quite significantly.

I really agree with the review below me as far as it being overrated. The reputation of ALL the other ones were pretty good so the expectations were high. And in the world of voting on like one star to five, if the flanker is below expectations, it's like rating average is gonna be significantly lower than if it stood on its own. Both of these colognes are very solid performers, just not beast mode. However, Havane becomes more of a skin scent after 5-6 hours. I usually get an extra hour or two out of Pure Malt. I bought this frag during the summer months. I waited to give my review until the fall when most change from spring/summer fragrance. It´s not the best amber out there, but it´s also different. Nothing like Ambre 114, this Amber Wood smells more like a mixture of Amber and Oud.

Wow Rating: 9/10. This is a bold and very pleasant fragrance that is guaranteed to cause a good impression. To me this is described as an original A*men flanker and not really a new Pure Malt. They don't talk about the "original" Pure Malt so that's why I'm saying this. Also, I'd like to add that under the bottle, I see the A*men logo and below it's written Pure Malt (NO "creation" after Pure Malt") and below this you have the TM logo. This makes me think that this Pure Malt Creation may be the same as the original, only new presentation. I may be wrong, like I've said I never smelled the original, but so far the few people that have smelled it say that it smells the same as the original. This is a date night scent or just a plain seduction scent hands down. I like it enough to wear around the house, but this is purely for the ladies. It is aptly named as it smells like, well malt. A dark burnt incredibly sweet malt chocolate manly gourmand with a large dose of booziness. Very well done. My second favorite of the line behind kryptomint. Mugler originally trained as a dancer and worked professionally starting at age 14. After studying interior design, he moved to Paris at age 24 and began working as a window dresser and freelance designer. His first personal collection for women was produced in 1973. Mugler opened his first Paris boutique and also launched a menswear collection in 1978. His style is distinguished by its futuristic shapes and fantasy elements.

A-Men Ultimate seems like it could be a good introduction to the others in the line, a gentle way to ease oneself in before sampling the heavier hitting predecessors. It may even offer year round possibilities for those who don't like typical warm weather freshies.

The start features the blend of fruits, vanilla, whiskey, and a bit of the patchouli. The patchouli comes through to give it a warm bakery feeling, like it does in so many women’s perfumes. However here, it just helps to shape the alcoholic sweetness.As the scent wears on, I feel that it becomes even better than the opening act. The berry-like fruits begin to fully emerge and give the cologne a distinctive feel. Nonetheless, they are only playing a supporting role at this stage. is a condition that I haven't been able to fully enjoy for a long time. At least not in the conventional, social way. But I already have a fragrance in my collection for a long time, which actually gives me a similar flair. I'm talking about Pure Malt, the second flak ship, next to Pure Havanne, from Mugler. Why I haven't written a comment on Pure Malt yet is frankly beyond me, because it definitely has the potential to inspire. With its typical A* Men DNA, complemented by alcoholic peaty notes, it stands out from many mainstream fragrances and knows how to polarize. I find this flanker to be a nice unique scent that has little to do with A*Men or its other family members. This is a sweet coffee, a gourmand scent that is similar in my mind to Rochas Man. This is disappointing to me, because I already own the Rochas, and was expecting something a little stronger and closer to the A*Men scent. I am comparing them side by side on both arms. I liken it to a sweeter, fruitier Rochas Man. Rochas Man has more of a burnt caramel coffee scent, with a kind of cheap feel to it, and A*Men Ultimate is a light coffee scent surrounded by woods, with an elevated quality. There is something fruity and juicy behind the woods, likely the bergamot. It is interesting, but not groundbreaking due to my association with Rochas man. This is a different take on a gourmand as it is drier, dustier and creamier than Rochas. This gets a solid like for me, but not a love like most of the other Pure line. This feels like it’s good for fall, winter and spring. Another update: the more that I’ve worn this, the more the positive reactions, outweigh the negative or indifferent. There are times, where this gets an insane number of complements, while out on the town. Overall, I think it’s great but I don’t think it’d be for everyone. It can be quite pricey, it is limited by the climate you live in, not for those who don’t like the smell of malt (obviously), etc.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment