276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Watch Her Fall: An utterly gripping and twisty edge-of-your-seat suspense thriller from the bestselling author

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ava Kirilova has reached the very top of her profession. After years and years of hard graft, pain and sacrifice as part of the London Russian Ballet Company, allowing nothing else to distract her, she is finally the poster girl for Swan Lake. Even Mr K - her father, and the intense, terrifying director of the company - can find no fault. Ava has pushed herself ahead of countless other talented, hardworking girls, and they are all watching her now.

Erin Kelly not only draws the reader in through a very vivid, authentic portrayal of a vocation where everyone is dedicated to reaching perfection. She also shows us little by little just how isolating and damaging such a goal can be. This novel is about the lonely and the dispossessed as much as it is about the drive to succeed. Most ambitious and captivating book to date . . . so thrilling and unexpected that it made my head spin' LISA JEWELL Ava has devoted her life to being the best at what she does. Now she’s at the top, she has the world at her feet.

More in Offers

The pressure is intense and Kirilov’s expectations sky high. It’s felt by everyone in the company and when one dancer whose part is very small but significant, fails to meet those expectations, another is immediately drafted in.

An immersive, addictive thriller set in the high-stakes world of ballet, with a jolting twist you absolutely won't see coming - Claire McGowan, author of The Other Wife This book was so good! Tense from start to finish, with a great set-up and some psychological twists and turns that had me rooted to my chair! This is one of those books where the less you know the better- and I doubt anything else I might add would really do it justice anyway. Watch her Fall’, is a dark, deeply twisted thriller from the superb Erin Kelly. Be warned: clear your schedule, as you will want to read this book in one sitting!However, Ava is going to let nothing distract her now she is finally the poster girl for Swan Lake. Even her father Mr K, the intense and at times terrifying director of the company can find no fault. But with Ava having pushed herself ahead of the many other talented and hardworking dancers within the company they are all watching her now. And there is someone who really wants to see Ava fall... To say more about the plot might risk spoilers. Like some of Kelly’s previous books ( The Burning Air, Stone Mothers), Watch Her Fall is split into chunks told from the perspectives of different characters, some of whom initially seem obscurely connected to the others (or not connected at all). By Act II, it appears we are very far from the story’s glamorous beginnings. Yet I continued to be just as gripped as I had been at the start. And eventually, the narratives slot together beautifully and ingeniously. Psychological crime is the speciality of Erin Kelly, and Watch Her Fall is a prime example of her work … bravura fare’ Barry Forshaw, Financial Times Overall, this is certainly not your run of the mill psychological thriller. Kelly certainly knows how to weave a dark, mesmerizing, edge of your seat tale of suspense!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment