276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Bible 2: Hail to the King of the Jews, Baby!

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Absalom said to his servants, “Look, Joab’s field is next to mine, and he has barley there. Go and set it on fire!” as he finished speaking, the sons of the king came in, wailing loudly. Then the king and all his servants also wept very bitterly. entered the interior of the house as if to get some wheat, and they stabbed him in the stomach. Then Rechab and his brother Baanah slipped away. was also there, and all the Levites with him were carrying the ark of the covenant of God. And they set down the ark of God, and Abiathar offered sacrifices d until the people had passed out of the city. all the people crossed the Jordan, and then the king crossed over. The king kissed Barzillai and blessed him, and Barzillai returned home.

hundred men from Jerusalem accompanied Absalom. They had been invited as guests and they went along innocently, for they knew nothing about the matter. three sons of Zeruiah were there: Joab, Abishai, and Asahel. Now Asahel was fleet of foot like a wild gazelle, Amnon lay down and feigned illness. When the king came to see him, Amnon said, “Please let my sister Tamar come and make a couple of cakes in my sight, so that I may eat from her hand.” David returned to his palace in Jerusalem, he took the ten concubines he had left to care for the palace, and he placed them in a house under guard. He provided for them, but he no longer slept with them. They were confined until the day of their death, living as widows. Mephibosheth lived in Jerusalem, because he always ate at the king’s table, and he was lame in both feet.with a thousand men of Benjamin, as well as Ziba the steward of the house of Saul and his fifteen sons and twenty servants. My lord the king,” he replied, “because I am lame, I said, ‘I will have my donkey saddled a so that I may ride on it and go with the king.’ But my servant Ziba deceived me, Paul, an apostle ( A) of Christ Jesus by the will of God, ( B) in keeping with the promise of life that is in Christ Jesus, ( C) they got up and were counted off—twelve for Benjamin and Ish-bosheth son of Saul, and twelve for David.

Absalom, the man we anointed over us, has died in battle. So why do you say nothing about restoring the king?” the Ammonites realized that they had become a stench to David, they hired twenty thousand Aramean foot soldiers from Beth-rehob and Zoba, as well as a thousand men from the king of Maacah and twelve thousand men from Tob. the men of Judah came to Hebron, and there they anointed David king over the house of Judah. And they told David, “It was the men of Jabesh-gilead who buried Saul.” Abishai son of Zeruiah said to the king, “Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? Let me go over and cut off his head!”

Around the BBC

So David sent some of his servants to console Hanun concerning his father. But when they arrived in the land of the Ammonites, again, Abner warned Asahel, “Stop chasing me. Why should I strike you to the ground? How could I show my face to your brother Joab?”

the woman of Tekoa said to the king, “My lord the king, may any blame be on me and on my father’s house, and may the king and his throne be guiltless.”David became angry because the LORD had burst forth against Uzzah; so he named that place Perez-uzzah, g as it is called to this day. servant could go with the king only a short distance past the Jordan; why should the king repay me with such a reward? David was sitting between the two gates when the watchman went up to the roof of the gateway by the wall, looked out, and saw a man running alone. If the Arameans are too strong for me,” said Joab, “then you will come to my rescue. And if the Ammonites are too strong for you, then I will come to your rescue.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment