276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sophie Gravia Collection 2 Books Set (What Happens in Dubai, A Glasgow Kiss)

£8.99£17.98Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

From the column ‘On the lighter side’, by Ray Bryant, published in the Reading Evening Post (Reading, Berkshire, England) of Friday 4 th January 1985: But when Dr Tom Adams, aka Sugar Daddy, shows interest, it's a game-changing moment. Zara has had a crush on Tom since her very first day at the aesthetics clinic she works at part-time. As things heat up between them, Zara can't help but wonder: is this it? Or is it another disaster waiting to happen? When you are receiving the Glasgow Kiss, you should remember to be comfortable. If you would rather not receive the embrace or the kiss, it is polite to make it known to the giver. That being said, the Glasgow Kiss is a gesture of affection and should be accepted in the spirit of friendship.

Author Sophie Gravia gives new meaning to “A Glasgow Kiss…”

A group of us are all reading this at the moment as part of our newly formed and made up book club and honestly we couldn’t have chosen a better book to start with… this is serious belly laugh, snort out loud material… we can’t put it down!!! EVERY GIRL NEEDS TO READ THIS!!!’ Despite its origins in Glasgow’s working-class culture and its later embrace by Scotland’s youth, the Glasgow Kiss has not lost its original meaning as a sign of respect and solidarity. Much like the city itself, the Glasgow Kiss has come to stand for something far more: a shared history, a unique identity and a remarkable gesture of affection. 5 Reasons Why the Glasgow Kiss is the Most Iconic Scottish Expression of Love As her healthcare job got 'more intense' amid the coronavirus pandemic, the budding author wrote in between gruelling shifts.

Meet Zara Smith: 29, single and muddling her way through life as a trainee nurse in Glasgow. With 30 fast approaching, she's determined to do whatever it takes to find love.

Glasgow kiss’: meaning and origin – word histories ‘Glasgow kiss’: meaning and origin – word histories

That would not have been so bad, except that it was the Advanced Passenger Train presented to the royal babe by British Rail. who haven’t got the room to play with it themselves. It was a good read, easy going & light hearted however, I eventually became really frustrated with the grammatical errors. I’m by no means someone who understands perfect grammar however, knowing, ‘where, were, wear’ & ‘they’re, there, their’ should surely be understood when writing a novel. Commas before conjunctives at every turn often had me pi**ed off. (I’ve no doubt made many errors here, ironic.) I broke my hand on that holiday, which gave me six weeks off work, that's how Sex In The Glasgow City was born."

Preview

A novel based on a young woman's Glasgow's dating disasters has beaten Shades of Grey on the erotic fiction charts. But it was different in Glasgow yesterday. In this city of broken glass, where a casual greeting can sound like a threat, they put away their traditional anger, doused their fighting spirit and paid tribute to Pope John Paul. The story was okay, but I did get a bit fed up of some of the stuff repeating throughout (why does she continually refer to her vagina as fishy?) and why is she obsessed with the “girth of the end of the penis”! I probably would have hated this book if it wasn’t set in glasgow (hence 3 stars instead of 2). Grammatical errors also really put me off - not sure if this is to blame on the publisher or author.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment