276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Extreme Eau de Parfum Extreme 50ml, (Pack of 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Top notes are Coffee and Cacao; middle notes are Jasmine Sambac and Orange Blossom; base notes are Bourbon Vanilla and Patchouli.

The cocoa is beautiful and almost reminds me of Private Accord by Boss, only stronger, better lasting and generally more interesting. Please note that this service might transfer the data outside of the EU/EEA and to a country without the required data protection standards.

I swear, it’s witchcraft the way they’ve kept the notes separate so you can smell them simultaneously without them congealing into one singular smell. Couldn't smell anything in particular except so heavy, dark and dusty stuff where citrusy feel was cutting through. I'm not a fan of the Black Opium line in general, doesn't excite me at all, same with La Vie Est Belle. Most fragrances do lose their staying power after a few hours, but this packs a punch and keeps punching in my view.

As another reviewer noted, the patchouli is quite intense for a few minutes and is rather overpowering, but it is fleeting, fortunately and the drydown is a very nice drier spicy cocoa coffee goodness. Ok I'm changing my review and rating completely, because apparently the sample I had was Black Opium Le parfum and not extreme. Maybe a little more of the coffee note too but I never get that in the original and it's not super strong here either. A beautiful and warm scent, but I wish the sillage and lasting power was actually “extreme”… It sits close to the skin and hardly lasts beyond a couple of hours on me. When I smelled the original edp all i could think about was how much more interesting this would smell with a blast of coffee.So at first it’s kind of a boozy sweet scent, i don’t get the coffee/cacao at first, but somehow i get the cacao notes in the dry down with that bourbon vanilla and patchouli. As the scent sets in your skin, a rich cacao dances along the coffee while the orange blossom and patchouli are always there in the background being commanded by the Vanilla. So much so, that unless you're a huge fan of the line and collect the flankers, there's absolutely no reason to own both. Maybe one of these flankers manages to pull off something different, but this one was kind of a letdown for me. But I definitely get a white floral and sweet vanilla base typical for feminine designer fragrances from this.

It's one of those scents with DNA that nods to beautiful rooted memories and associations so no chance of tainting it yet. I take this flanker a bit more seriously than the rest of the BO line (which does have a special place in my heart since the original was the first perfume I loved, even if they don't perform the best and are considered "generic") because of it being a slightly richer, slightly less sweet gourmand that's not quite as mainstream as usual with much better performance than the other flankers. I do not find it either so sexy as it is marketed, but it is probably because I am older than the demographic this fragrance is marketed to. I remember when the original first came out and my Mom used to wear it, I hated it even though it has all the notes that I usually like.After I've finished this bottle, I'm going to look for something with similar notes but higher quality. Intense and Long-Lasting: Black Opium Eau de Parfum Extreme takes the original captivating floral gourmand scent to the next level with extra-black coffee and ultra-white flowers. I may have grown to enjoy it without the sweetness or even paired it with a sweeter perfume, but I enjoy the particular spice that pink pepper gives so I'm going to have to pass on this one. This fragrance boasts an extra punch of black coffee for unmatched vigor and vitality, harmonised with luminous ultra-white flowers, all anchored by a base of sweet, earthy patchouli and heady vanilla. Great alternative to the original Black Opium if you're into chocolate and looking for something deeper.

Read about this perfume in other languages: Deutsch, Español, Français, Čeština, Italiano, Русский, Polski, Português, Ελληνικά, 汉语, Nederlands, Srpski, Română, العربية, Українська, Монгол, עברית. Combined with the sweet, immediately recognizable opening of Black Opium, except with the (awful) grapey orange blossom accord toned waaaay down, with a little bit of dry cacao. A bold interpretation of the Black Opium’s coffee note, enhanced by the thrilling aura of blue absinth for intensity. INGREDIENTS: ALCOHOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • AQUA / WATER • BENZYL SALICYLATE • BENZYL ALCOHOL • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • LINALOOL • HEXYL CINNAMAL • BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE • LIMONENE • COUMARIN • GERANIOL • CITRONELLOL • CINNAMYL ALCOHOL • FARNESOL • METHYL ANTHRANILATE • AMYL CINNAMAL • BENZYL BENZOATE • CITRAL • EUGENOL (F.

Extra-black coffee, ultra-white flowers, and an abundance of patchouli in an exhilarating and excessive perfume for women by YSL. In fact, it’s annoying that when a company gets a popular perfume they have to then bring out another thousand with the same name.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment