276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ARTISAN HIEN (Wine Red/XL) [FX-HI-MD-XL-R] FX MID (Japan Import)

£37.55£75.10Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

No responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information. The listed offers do not constitute legally binding advertising claims of the merchants.

Artisan Hien is the 2nd most popular mousepad. Well-constructed mousepad. Has a little bit of rough texture. If you’re not sure about more speed or more control, we would suggest the Hien. It will be your endgame mousepad. The glide is also not influenced by humidity or perspiration. Plug'n'play kind of mousepad. Classic Artisan pads don’t have a stitched edge while FX Artisan’s do. I recommend spending the extra money for the FX version to prevent any potential fraying on the mouse pad. The stitching on Artisan pads is excellent and do a great job of staying out of the way. Conclusion

Search for precise phrases

I think this is the perfect mousepad for gamers that want to get out of the muddy control mouse pad world, but don’t want to go all the way to glass level speed. Consistency Artisan is a mousepad manufacturer from Japan. Their mousepads are known to be the endgame of mousepads. They build their mousepads with high-quality fabrics. The weaves are tight and precise which makes the quality control spectacular. I was worried how the texture would trap dirt and grime, but so far so good. Design & Dimensions Surface The pad comes with three softness levels, XSOFT being the slowest, SOFT is the midrange and MID with the fastest overall speed. I didn’t notice any significant difference on the pad comparing X and Y axis, all good on that front. The mousepad is perfectly consistent across all areas, just be sure to keep it clean.

Artisan’s reputation is one of quality. While no cloth mousepad will last forever, you should get really good mileage out of the Artisan Hien. The pad should maintain its plushness and the stitching should generally hold up. Hien Vs. Other Artisan Pads Zero The Artisan Hien comes in small mediu, large and extra large, here are the corresponding dimensions. S The Otsu is slightly slower than the Hien with a smooth texture for the folks that find the Hien texture too much. Kou Some people do find the texture too much for their skin or that it snags on sleeves, I didn’t find that an issue at all, I love the texture. StitchingThe Kou is a medium speed pad with a large X-Y differential, the Y-axis is much faster than the X-axis on this mousepad. Finger tip grippers might like this aspect of the mouse pad, but I think it’s more a niche pad. Raiden

What are your options for now then? Well if you are willing you can spend around 100 Euros on getting the mousepad and enjoying your experience. Alternatively, if you are on a tighter budget you can try the Odin Infinity XL which I would consider Hien’s little brother. Artisan mousepads have 3 different levels of firmness when it comes to each model. They are Mid, Soft, and Extra Soft. These 3 give different feelings when using the mousepad. Some things to consider with this is firmness & speed + stopping power. For example, Xsoft has more cushion which gives more control and stopping power. The mid-mousepad is thinner and harder which improves speed. The Artisan Hien is a mouse pad to consider if you don’t know if you want to go super fast but know you don’t like control pads.The Raiden pad is the speed demon of the family. This pad is even faster Hien’s mid-speed. For the folks that really want that glass-pad experience. Classic vs FX I found the Soft Hien plenty fast, but not insanely fast like the SkyPad 3.0 for example. There was still plenty of stopping power to play tactile shooters like CS:GO and Valorant.

The stitching is definitely high quality, all of the stitching sits below the mouse pad surface level so avoid any collisions on the sides of the pad. I have some little fray I think from where they start the stitching, but I don’t expect it to get any worse. Colors The Hien is a fast pad especially if you bought it in medium softness like I did. This is a big perk of the hybrid surface which has low static and kinetic friction. This allows you to move your mouse with ease from a full-stop and continue your glide seamlessly while micro-adjusting your aim. The Zero is Artisan’s control pad offering with a lot smoother of a surface. This is the pad to get if you think the Hien might be too fast for you. Otsu This is a top tier mouse pad with not much to complain about other than if you find the textured surface irritating.The Artisan Hien FX is a stitched pad with a hybrid texture. There’s an Artisan logo printed onto the bottom right of the pad. The logo has no texture or performance impact. Until this point the Artisan Hien mid gaming mousepad has received unending praises, but here is where the narrative changes a bit.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment