276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Canon EOS 1200D Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 III Lens

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

These images show 72ppi (100% on a computer screen) sections of images of a resolution chart, captured using the 18-55mm f/3.5-f/5.6 IS III lens set to 35mm and f/5.6 . We show the section of the resolution chart where the camera starts to fail to reproduce the lines separately. The higher the number visible in these images, the better the camera’s detail resolution is at the specified sensitivity setting. Canon EOS 1200D review – White balance and colour contrast, saturation, sharpness, colour tone, Auto Lighting Optimizer, colour space, vignette correction OPPO's mid-range smartphone aims to provide a sophisticated camera system at an attractive price. Andy Westlake sees how it measures up.

However, the launch of the Canon EOS 1200D comes at a time when there’s more competition than ever at the entry-level price point. With the options of small, light and inexpensive compact system cameras, as well as low-priced DSLRs from the likes of Nikon, Pentax and even Canon itself, the EOS 1200D has to do quite a lot to fight its corner. The highlight specification is its 18-million-pixel CMOS sensor and full 1080p HD video, but is it enough? Canon EOS 1200D review – Features The T5 / 1200D’s 18 Megapixel APS-C-sized sensor produces images with a maximum size of 5184×3456 pixels. Images can be saved as JPEGs with one of two compression settings. Large Fine JPEGs are typically around 6-10Mb in size. The T5 / 1200D can also save RAW files in Canon’s .CRW format. The shutter speed range is 30 to 1/4000 plus B and the ISO sensitivity range is 100 to 12800 ISO. looking for a camera that would replace my old one which had a technical fault i just had to go to flipkart and get one. Delivered in time and in good condition.That done , i must say the canon 1200D is a good buy for anyone interested in taking decent pictures. Simple to use and loaded with quite a decent amount of features it can work well even as a semi-professional camera The quality on this low-light indoor pan is nice, there’s little evidence of noise from the T5 / 1200D’s APS-C sensor, the white balance is good and the colours are well saturated. Once again though, in the absence of stabilization, things look a little shaky. This is a problem that can easily be overcome by opting for the kit with the 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II stabilised lens – it’s around the same price as the non-stabilised version in many regions. The main upgrades are on the inside. The 18-megapixel sensor and 1080p video mode are significant improvements on the 1100D’s 12 megapixels and 720p video, and match the 700D’s specifications. Other features remain unchanged. Its autofocus sensor has nine points but only the centre point is cross-type for increased sensitivity. It also uses the same optical viewfinder as the 1100D with a 0.8x magnification, which is slightly smaller than the 700D’s 0.85x magnification. It’s fitted with Canon’s DIGIC 4 rather than the latest DIGIC 5 processor, which means that chromatic aberrations aren’t corrected automatically for JPEGs. Meanwhile, its 3fps continuous shooting speed appears to be deliberately hobbled – the EOS 600D used the same 18-megapixel sensor and DIGIC 4 processor and managed 4fps.The Canon EOS 1200D has 2 different JPEG file quality settings available, including Fine and Normal, with Fine being the higher quality option. Here are two 100% crops which show the quality of the two options. Fine (6.17Mb) (100% Crop) Despite this higher resolution, the 1200D’s new sensor only represents a very small increase in dimensions from that of its predecessor, allowing Canon to keep the size of the camera to a minimum (it weighs in at a pokey 480g with battery and card included). A flap on the left side of the T5 / 1200D’s body conceals the camera’s ports – a mini HDMI connector and USB port plus a remote control terminal compatible with the RS60-E3 cable remote, but the T5 / 1200D isn’t compatible with Canon wireless remote controllers. The available white balance settings are Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Flash and Custom; there is no way to enter a Kelvin value manually. You can fine-tune any of the presets using the White Balance Correction feature. The ISO speed can be changed by pressing the ISO button and turning the control wheel or using the arrow buttons on the navigation pad. You do not have to hold down the button while changing the setting. The ISO speed can be set from ISO 100 to ISO 6400 in full-stop increments, and Auto ISO is also available. The chosen ISO speed is also displayed in the viewfinder. Focusing Brightness Range EV 0 - 18 Center AF Point, EV 1 - 18 other AF Points with One-shot AF at Room Temperature, ISO 100, Brightness Metering Range EV 1 - 20 at Room Temperature, ISO 100

This 18 megapixel EOS is a beginner's model that an expert wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with, or use. Yes, it's intuitive from the get go, so won't tax the uninitiated. At the same time it's easy to access manual settings and exert a bit of hands-on control over your shots rather than rely on the admittedly consistent 'auto everything' performance. Canon EOS 1200D vorgestellt: Einsteiger-DSLR mit Hilfe-App". colorfoto.de. 12 February 2014 . Retrieved 12 February 2014.

OK, so that's still not quite as high as the D3300's 24.2 megapixel resolution, but the Canon also offers a sturdy yet lightweight build, complete with eye-level optical viewfinder and fixed 3-inch LCD just beneath for composing our shots. Not quite the same instantaneous process as a mirror-less compact system camera then, but the mechanics of the DSLR are a little more rigid when it comes to doing something the format wasn't originally designed for.

I have a few Nikon cameras and that is what I have been using in the past, but I thought Canon was an excellent camera due to I never used it before and the recommendation I was given from friends. However, this camera the Canon EOS 1200D Rebel T5 + 18-55 SLR is not worth my money. The color, the menu, and everything about it far inferior than Nikon. I'm sorry to say, I wasted my money. Auto Lighting Optimizer performs in-camera processing to even out the contrast and correct brightness. There are 4 different settings - Off, Low, Standard and Strong. Off There are a number of drive modes available on the Canon EOS 1200D / Rebel T5. These include Single Shot, Continuous Shooting, Self-timer and Remote Controlled Shooting. In Continuous Shooting mode, the camera can take pictures at a speed of 3 frames per second for up to 69 Large Fine JPEGs or 3fps for up to 6 RAW files. In relation to its predecessor, the Canon 1100D, the 1200D’s specification is all over the place, with some features undergoing huge improvements and others none at all. One of the main talking points of the camera is its 18MP sensor, offering a significant resolution jump from the 12.2MP of the 1100D.

In bright lighting conditions, the autofocus is fast and responsive. Even in more challenging focusing situations, such as sports or wildlife, the EOS 1200D holds its own. Of course, in low light, the focusing is slower, but only fractionally. However, the same cannot be said for the focusing in live view mode. In low-light condition, the live view AF is very sluggish and has a tendency to hunt for focus. While it is suitable for day-to-day outdoor shooting, it would struggle with anything fast-paced. EOS Hi] 캐논코리아컨슈머이미징(주)". 16 May 2014. Archived from the original on 16 May 2014 . Retrieved 19 December 2018. We tested the EOS 1200D with the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II kit lens, which offers a fairly standard focal range for a kit lens and crucially includes image stabilisation. This is important for Canon, as competitors like Sony, Olympus and Pentax all offer image stabilisation in their DSLRs. The difference between Canon (and Nikon) and the others is that Sony, Olympus and Pentax have opted for stabilisation via the camera body, rather than the lens, which therefore works with their entire range of lenses. Canon's system is obviously limited by which lenses you choose, but it does offer the slight advantage of showing the stabilising effect through the viewfinder. Canon and Nikon also claim that a lens-based anti-shake system is inherently better too, but the jury's out on that one. The T5 / 1200D’s 9 AF points are permanently etched on the viewfinder screen and flash red when activated. As on all Canon SLRs, exposure information including ISO is displayed at the bottom of the frame. The D3300 is very similar with etched illuminating AF points – 11 in this case – and exposure information, in green, rather than red, along the bottom. There’s no ISO readout on the D3300 in PASM modes though. The Sony A3000 has an electronic viewfinder which by today’s standards is quite basic. With a resolution of 210k dots the 0.2 inch panel looks quite coarse; it’s a little smaller than the T5 /1200D’s optical viewfinder and not nearly as bright. It also lags compared to an optical viewfinder, but provides more of a what you see is what you get view; for example under or over-exposure are immediately apparent and you can preview effects, frame movies and enjoy 100% coverage. But, in my view, if you plan on shooting primarily with the viewfinder either of the DSLRs will provide a better experience. For a larger and more detailed electronic viewfinder, you’ll need to consider the next Sony up in the range, the A6000.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment