276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kinesis Advantage360 Professional Split Mechanical Keyboard

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The keys are arranged in vertical columns (rather than staggered) to better reflect the natural motion of fingers. If that fails, or your computer won’t see the board, there is a pin hole with the worlds smallest reset switch in. The difficulty comes from manufacturing such an oddly-shaped case, and how the printed circuit board (PCB) has to bend to accommodate the concavity. I also like the Logitech USB dongles because I find the Windows Bluetooth keyboard support to be very much a second class citizen, with slow performance and the keyboad noticeably lags both randomly and when the system is under load, unlike a USB device.

I also found it an improvement over the ergodox, because the clusters are more thought out and the tenting has less degrees of freedom so is easier to get just right. My last Kinesis Advantage 2 had the MX Red silents; I welcomed the change after switching to the Browns. They do also offer a base Advantage 360 that is wired and the two pieces are connected with a usb-c cable.

I have never used Brown switches in my life, but I have used Kailh Red, MX Red Silent, and MX Clear. However, if I want to only ever utilize 12 keys and do some monstrous chording setup, also an option. This isn't really ideal because now [] requires a lot of finger travel to type compared to how often I type them.

But on the other hand, I can appreciate how frustrating it can be when the advice is geared for people without injury, but presenting it as if it applies to everyone including those with injuries. They even have options for additional sound proofing and increased battery power amongst other things.Read more about the condition New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is applicable). Or in some environments, the sculpt would only work reliably if I put the dongle on a USB dock or cable right next to the keyboard. I also wrote a review about it if you're interested: My review of the Moonlander MK1 keyboard I've used the Moonlander for like 6-12 months; However, it wasn't for me, not because of the quality or hardware, but the design didn't work out for my small hands. The Kinesis Advantage 2 and Kinesis Advantage 360 contoured keyboard sets a new standard for ergonomic keyboards.

The key thing to remember when choosing a 360 variant, is that, as of right now, if you want full customisability, you need to opt for wireless, pro, variant of the 360. Separating the keywells positions the arms at shoulder-width to keep wrists straight and perpendicular to the home row to reduce abduction and ulnar deviation. It all works, and I don’t expect firmware development to be a core strength of an ergonomics company, but it’s certainly a lot more roll-up-your-sleeves than I’d expect of a commercial product. Ended switching to Ultimate Hacking Keyboard and have never been happier - haven't switched the keyboard since - about 4 years now.This is more idiosyncratic, but I put a Magic Trackpad in the center of the Advantage2 [2] — highly recommended — so losing that center piece is worse for me. Please bare with me because it matters to understand why the Advantage360 is superior and better to the existing Advantage2 in many ways. Now the bottom four keys on my right keywell are left, down, up, right (and I moved the square brackets to the left hand where the left/right were). This got me wondering if there was some solution for this, such as having a Bluetooth keyboard communicate with another piece of hardware that replayed the inputs as USB.

After using split keyboards for some time, I came up with a setup that only uses 3 rows, and relies on layer switching (mostly using the thumb clusters) to quickly access any keys. There are also a few extra and alternative keycaps for Mac and the like in the box but I got the extra blanks keycaps you can see.

It was not worth the dropped/overly-repeated keypresses over the years (though it was wireless, but not Bluetooth). If you have some kind of arm movement problem/disability then concave wells might be the best solution, but for the general population the wells are more awkward to use in the upper rows of keys, increasing the forearm tension which controls the fingers. Tenting puts you in a more neutral, "handshake" posture and reduces the stresses caused by forearm pronation. Same for Bluetooth — I don't get the attraction — when are you taking your giant keyboard away from your desk?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment