276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Henbrandt Children’s Viking Girl Anglo Saxon Iron Age Fancy Dress Costume Size Medium Ages 7-9 Historical Outfit for Kids

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The staff at CTR and at the National Museum of Denmark (associate professor phil.dr. Eva Andersson Strand and senior researcher PhD Ulla Mannering) support and contribute scientific to the project. Eva Andersson Strand: textile tools, textile technology, production and organisation. Ulla Mannering: analysis of prehistoric textiles with focus on Early Iron Age costume development. https://www.facebook.com/Lønnepigen https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2144387208128&id=1199682013&ref=notif¬if_t=like#!/profile.php?id=100001992815001 The Early Iron Age material, comprising both pre-Roman and Roman Iron Age, includes finds from three distinct contexts: bogs, weapon deposits and burials. The focus of this research programme is the finds from the bogs and weapon deposits. The National Museum of Denmark and several local museums in Jutland are important partners in the investigation of the bog finds. The study of textiles from the Illerup, Vimose, Nydam and Thorsberg weapon deposits is funded by the Danish Research Council for the Humanities and is connected to the international research programs “The Iron Age in Northern Europe” headed by Jørgen Ilkjær, Moesgård Museum, Denmark and “Zwischen Thorsberg und Bornstein” headed by Claus von Carnap-Bornheim, Archäeologisches Landesmuseum Stiftung Schleswig-Holsteinische Landesmuseen Schloss Gottorf, Germany. Mission Bender Jørgensen, L. 1991. Textilteknologi i Oldtiden. Arkeo. Nytt fra Historisk Museum i Bergen, Nr. 2. Bergen, 19-25. Still, unravelling the vertical edges for the tablet weaving took days. The horizontal selvedge edges were so felted and neat so that I only turned them once and stitched the fold in plave. Finishing the edges with tablet weaving

Not only did the Celts like brightly coloured clothes - the Romans tell us that some of them painted patterns all over their bodies with blue woad made of a special plant.Blue Peter Can you kit out Barney, Lindsey or Radzi in the right outfit to face a Blue Peter challenge? The Bronze Age led up to the Iron Age, so the early Iron Age must have witnessed some great technological advances that have led to garments and clothing designs in all sorts of colours.” Mannering, U. 2009: Dragten i tidlig jernalder. In: K. M. Boe, T. Capelle & C. Fischer (eds.): Tollundmandens verden. Kontinentale kontakter i tidlig jernalder. Wormianum & Silkeborg Kulturhistoriske Museum, 98-106.

Demant, I. 2007. The poor people from Lønne Hede – Presentation of first century-graves with preserved textiles. In: A. Rast-Eicher & R. Windler (eds.): NESAT IX. Archäologische Textilfunde – Archaeological Textiles. Braunwald, 18.-21. Mai 2005, Ennenda, 86-91.

Project manager: associate professor dr. phil. Ulla Lund Hansen, Saxo Institute, University of Copenhagen is responsible for subsidiary projects, coordination, publication, future implications as well as studies of hairstyles. The types of clothes Iron Age Britons were likely to have worn can be inferred from rare discoveries from other parts of Europe, and from descriptions and pictures of Iron Age peoples made by the Romans who met these ‘barbarians’.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment