276°
Posted 20 hours ago

dunhill London Icon Racing Eau de Parfum

£17£34.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I was increasingly able to free myself from the false association with Invictus Aqua and became more open to new insights. And on a long evening, more precisely in the middle of the night during a walk, I suddenly found it: The scent has something slightly addictive, beguiling about it that I was familiar with. Something that you have to let work longer to deal with it I find.

The admittedly really horny bottle, visually as well as haptically, I think fits to almost every other fragrance better. British Racing Green? That would have been really perfect with the original icon, it reminds me pretty much of Green Irish Tweed ;) (Does anyone think so like me?) Performance is also good with about 8 hours, where the Sillage the first hours is very good. Also the further time over very closely well perceptible.

Shop this post

Just think of taking a fresh shower and mix it with some Invictus....simple as that - clean, inoffensive, and nice. It wont blow doors open or make people gasp,,,but it will not bother anyone and if anything, if you put too much on you will smell like you used too much shower gel etc! Paying homage to Alfred Dunhill’s racing past, the EDP is exciting, dangerous and out of control. Inspired by the thrill-seeking, adrenaline-filled rush you feel when racing your favourite sports car, dunhill Icon Racing Red embodies the man who is here for a great time, not a long time. Icon Racing smells more like Ferragamo's Uomo Casual Life to me, but less fruity and sweeter. You could, especially in the Sillage of the Opening, think of the Invicuts series for a moment... but so undefined that I don't think I would have thought of it myself. But it smells like something to me. So nothing specific. On the Interweb some people and communities claim that this fragrance reminds of Invictus Aqua 2016. For me, Icon Racing Red EDP smells like driving a convertible along a winding road through a sub-tropical forest, the trees rich with oranges basking in warm sunlight.

This often reveals the funniest aspects, and you don't run the risk of misstamping the fragrance by testing it once (daily condition and so on...) First of all: He doesn't have much to do with the rest of the icons or even the original. More in the direction of day scent a la Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue. Thus this icon goes with the trend and appeals to a younger audience and fits almost exclusively to a casual look. This should probably also be the target group. Niche freaks and men in the Business Look will probably rather not like. I have a ritual to test scents like this: The current test persons usually stay on my living room table, and I re-test them every now and then when it's "about nothing", comfortably in the evening, in the morning before showering, during sports or something... If you’re a fan of dunhill Icon but you’re looking for something a little more exhilarating and contemporary, you’ll love the Icon Racing collection. The Racing Red Eau de Parfum fits perfectly between the original Icon and Icon Elite, taking the aromatic pepper facet from both and pairing it with the fresh citruses from the original and the warm woods of Elite. So for me it has as much in common with Invictus Aqua as a pimped Opel Manta with a Lamborghini ':D

Customer Reviews

Dunhill - a beautiful brand with many fragrances that you can get for a small price. This new publication from 2017 is still relatively expensive logically. This Flanker of the Icon is relatively popular, as far as the current releases are concerned. The 4th release after Icon, Icon Absolute and Icon Elite. Founded in 1983, dunhill is known for its sophisticated, tailored menswear and accessories, owing its success to the high standards of quality set by the owner. But this luxury culture doesn’t stop with fashion; it’s carried through to all of Alfred Dunhill’s fragrances – and the latest launch for 2021 is no exception. The citrus-aromatic dunhill Icon Racing Red Eau de Parfum perfectly balances solar accords and fresh geranium with a fusion of woody facets to achieve an exhilarating fragrance that embodies the spirit of racing. Anyway, I don't want to work on the commi below, because it was my first impression, and certainly shows many already the direction well he is going. But when I re-tested it, I came across something.

It starts fresh and tangy with bergamot and grapefruit. Especially the herb-fresh grapefruit note I find very successful and just the right thing for warmer days. A sweet lavender note is added, which accompanies this fresh creation in a pleasant and modern way. The spice is discreet with a light pepper note and a nice sweet-spicy cardamom note. The creation keeps itself very balanced. A great mixture of bitter-fresh, citric, sweet, spicy and fruity. The synthetics resonate here, but I don't find them exaggerated or annoying. The base is very soft with beautiful guaiac wood with musk and vetiver. Pleasantly fading away. Overall very harmonious creation, which will bring some compliments. Not among the niche lovers, but in the usual environment. Particularly suitable for everyday use, as it is pleasantly fresh and the big extraordinary highlights are missing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment