276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Family Man: The New Book from the Sunday Times Bestselling Queen of Gangland Crime

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Yes they are evil little brats and I’m used to KC psychopathic characters but at the same time some of their exploits made even me feel a bit uncomfortable and apprehensive. Kenny is released and the story unfolds in a rollercoaster of violence, secrets, lies and crime and of course good old fashioned FAMILY VALUES.

This beautifully crafted, sharp, well-paced novel will keep you hooked until the very end. An outstanding tale of betrayal, violence and love. Buy it. Read it. You'll love it. I did” - Amanda Prowse The accident relating to child abuse and rape crushed me. It was horrific to read and yet the author handled the incident perfectly. Vinnie senior hasn't changed much despite his years, Vinnie junior is seemingly a changed man but somethings you just can't leave behind & Michael is about to be tested to the limit. The family is full of drama and very much live by the sword, die by the sword, the time has come for debts to be settled but who will pay? Kimberley has a natural gift for creating very colourful characters, that are larger than life, by the time you get to Tainted Love you feel like you know them all personally, foibles and all (and believe me they all have plenty of them!) they will make you laugh, cry, love and hate them, all in the space of a few minutes! The dialogue between the characters had me choking on my coffee at times, some of Kimberley’s one liners are original in their content to say the least, but if you don’t like swearing then you should give Tainted Love a wide berth, as there is plenty of it! For me I feel the swearing was in context with the plot and the characters, at times it’s very colourful, but also very funny. Tainted Love is a fantastic book and I made me smile when I saw where the title came from, but that would spoil the plot. Anyone who has had a run in with Her Majesty’s finest and been near the type of circles the Butlers move in will recognise the characterisation of many they have come across in the Butlers. This might be set in the East End, but could easily be Salford, Moss Side in Greater Manchester or Northfield in Birmingham, St Paul’s Bristol, amongst many.

Publication Order of Standalone Novels

I instantly grew to like Kenny, I didn’t much like the twins Bean and Bret’s mother, the twins are one’s through and through just like their grandfather Kenny. I was hooked by every chapter and was anticipating hope the twins would grow up and how they’d turn out. It's going to be hard going for Kimberley to better this book, But I'm sure she'll manage it, (No Pressure Kim) The morning after the story had finished was the morning I moved. I got up. I got washed. I sat in a chair. And as I said with the last bookThe Wronged, I didn't believe Kimberley could match it, By god how this woman likes to prove you wrong. she's freakin smashed it with this book. And this book just show's why Kimberley Chambers is the favourite author of many, many people. She is certainly one of my all time favourite authors.

Kimberley Chambers is] the queen of the gritty, low-life tale . . .a fast-paced, thrill-a-minute ride that takes you on all sorts of twists and turns' BellaIs my daddy famous, Nan?’ Ava enquired innocently. Queenie couldn’t help but smile. ‘Yes, darlin’. Your daddy is a legend.’" Meet THE BONDS.You don’t want to be on the wrong side of this family.A brand-new series from the queen of gangland crime The book is really well written, everything seems chaotic when we hear one story then straight onto another, but they do all make sense. Donny ends up having twins boys, Beau and Brett, with years later something terrible happening to one of them which is the course for some bad things occurring going forward. It's full of relationship dramas, blended families, mixed cultures, murders, lots of drama! It was good to read how the story came together with all the different characters, and if one thing is clear throughout the book is that Kenny is most definitely a family man, and will do anything....anything for his family.

Chambers was an extremely smart and gifted student in primary and secondary school. Her best subject was English. For reasons unknown, Chambers grades began to plummet. When she was eleven, she states that “things began to deteriorate.” After a few years, her academic life became so stark that she decided to leave her secondary school. The gifted novelist only has nine books, but her impact on London and around the world has been huge. Chambers has a three book series: The Traitor Chambers, Victim and The Feud. The series revolves around a long time feud between two families; the Mitchells and the O’Haras. This fourth novel from Kimberly Chambers introduces readers to the criminal world of two mob families; the Mitchells and the O’Haras. These two families compete against each other for turf and businesses. Caught between the greed and pride of two dangerous families are two children whose lives will never be the same. The Traitor Chambers Michael and Vinny were not just ‘faces’ around the East End they were the East End as far as the locals were concerned, it was their manor. Nothing happened there without them knowing, nobody crossed them without being brought up before them, they ruled with a rod of steel and pure fear. Queenie and her sister Viv were the matriarchs of the family, loved by the family and also equally feared. I should warn those of a nervous disposition there is a very upsetting scene involving a child, but those use to the authors work know she keeps her books ‘real’ and that includes subjects that are often difficult to read about.Kimberly Chambers is one of those rare authors who has a gift for creating colourful characters, that are larger than life, you feel you know them inside out, and despite their flaws a small part of you can’t help but fall in love with everyone of the Bonds, even the ‘not rights’. it’s a testament to the authors writing that she can make you laugh and cry at their antics, love and hate them, all in the space of a few minutes!If you are looking for a bit of evil in your reading world then this series is a must. I guarantee that Vinny Butler is one character you won’t soon forget. Tainted Love was perfect. Well in my humble opinion anyways. My thoughts could be clouded from the haze my mind has been in since submerging myself in these books just about a month ago but quite frankly Kimberley Chambers incredible imagination has provided for many surprising and rather unnerving twists and turns that I found myself completely fixated with lives of the Butlers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment