276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mixed Signals: an unmissable sweet and spicy small-town romance! (Lovelight, 3)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I also related to Layla. I felt it was so special, being able to see a bit of yourself in both MCs. Although I didn’t love her as much as I loved Caleb, although she was the one who needed the support and made the final problem a bit more dramatic than I’d like to, I understood why she was so afraid of being with Caleb. I would also be afraid of falling in love with someone as precious as him. Layla is a great FMC and I could relate to her on some levels. She loves to bake and her bake shop is her whole passion. With Caleb on the other hand, I was a bit disappointed. Having read the previous two books in the series (which I loved) I expected a good, spicy police romance. Instead he suddenly changes his occupation from police officer to teacher in this book. At that without having any education or degree to be a teacher or anything like that, the job just changes like "that". It seemed so unrealistic. I am so pleasantly surprised by this sweet book! B.K. Borison has written a fantastic romance, and I’m looking forward to reading Layla’s book: "Mixed Signals."

Layla Dupree and Caleb Alvarez are town acquaintances, Caleb visits Layla’s bakery for his butter croissants and coffee and that there is their relationship … until. Until Caleb saves Layla from her date that ditched her wearing his Hawaiian shirt and his smile and Layla starts to see a new side to Caleb Alvarez. I want to watch you come undone,” I tell her, my voice a rough scratch. I look up and make sure I’m holding her eyes. “Because I want to be the one to do it.” I’m grateful. I send up a wish to the ghosts of holiday past, present, and future. I just need this little bit of magic to continue through the end of the month. The novel is even more impressive considering this is a debut novel. The narrator was excellent which made the listen very enjoyable. Caleb has struggled in the dating game by wearing his heart on his sleeve and apparently falling too fast, but lets be real...if you've read the first two books we've a better idea than he does at the start as to why else this might be 😉 - bless his fam for their "good intentions" chats. Honestly the families in this series are such adorkable busy bodies and were it not for the meddlesome town of awesome characters they'd prob shine more tbh 🤭She didn’t realize at the time that running a tree farm can also come with lots of things besides hard work. Her dream finally came true at a big financial price! She is ready to do anything in her power to keep her Lovelight Farms afloat, but dead trees, raccoon infestations, and missing shipments make things even worse. There has to be something in the water in Inglewild (I've said this before). It seems to be something that brings together people who are right for each other but this something also seems to scramble and warp their communications skills. This time the silly couple is made up of Layla and Caleb. Facts: Stella has had a long-time crush on Luka, but she never came clean about her feelings to not jeopardize their long-time friendship. When Luka comes up with a plan that involves fake dating, she realizes it will be more challenging to restrain her feelings for him. Sweet and sexy. Everything you’d ever need in a romance. I’ll buy everything B.K Borison writes' - Hannah Grace, author of Icebreaker

So many beautiful quotes that made me way too sentimental! But also made my inner romantic Libra very happy. The heroine of the story is Layla Dupree, who is exhausted after being involved in way too many disastrous dating experiences. She realizes she deserves the whole cake instead of settling for breadcrumbs. When her favorite customer at her bakery, the kind-hearted Caleb Alvarez, makes a dating offer to help each other's predicaments, she cannot refuse him. The plan is simple: Caleb will learn what he's doing wrong in his relationships, overcompensation, or overthinking. In return, Layla will date a guy who gives her the exact treatment she deserves: kindness, care, and devotion.

Become a Member

It’s true. I've always loved Christmas and everything that comes with it. It's the one time of year where everything feels like magic. Hopeful. Earnest and kind. The whole world slows down and ... believes for once. Mixed Signals is a sweet and steamy small-town romance from TikTok favourite author B. K. Borison, for fans of Tessa Bailey and Hannah Grace. Spoilers: turns out it's nothing, he's just had the wrong girls. Are we surprised? No. It's adorable. And with this arrangement, they both feel free to be as open and honest with each other as I'm sure every couple strives to be. Thank you to Dreamscape Media and NetGalley who provided me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All the thoughts and opinions are my own. There's a special kind of magic on nights like this, a certain sort of nostalgia when the past intermingles with the present and flirts with the future."

It’s hard to love someone without restraint. To give yourself over to the swell and pull of it without fear of what might happen.” This book and series are so good and heartwarming. It leaves me with a smile and this one had me craving croissants!Luca and Stella have been friends for a decade. Stella is in love with Luca and doesn’t want to lose what she has with him in case he doesn't feel like she does. The loss of her mother almost destroyed her and she can't count on her father. She only sees him once a year for a Thanksgiving dinner that is done way before the date just so he doesn't have to explain a child he had outside his marriage to anyone else. lovelight series is definitely one of my favorite romance series ♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡ it's so cute, wholesome, and swoony af!

sunshine x sunshine ships are ♡so cute♡ please take care of them. layla and caleb are so perfect together, both laugh and smile at each other, at everything, all the time. they're so good and they fit together SO WELL. like im so in love that caleb is so commited from the get-go. HANDS DOWN MY FAVORITE HERO. layla has a problem at the bakehouse and the first person she calls is caleb? he comes running, with his shirt inside-out and two different shoes. he needed her to be okay! OKAYYYY HE'S DOWN BAAAD. Adorable characters. I Love Luca and his mom. Lovelight Farms had a small-town feel with all the positives. Stella’s friends were both great. The kittens 🐈‍⬛ were so cute!!! Most people will have different answers to it depending on their preferences and the places they live. In my opinion, nature looks at its best during the sunset in the winter near the end of December, close to Christmas.At the start of the book Layla runs into Caleb and she finally, FINALLY, notices him and is flabbergasted at how suddenly attractive he was. It wasn't sudden because Caleb was perfect, he was giving, kind, fun, funny, attractive, just the whole shebang but he wasn't always noticed or appreciated and it hurt my heart for him. Layla is also amazing with her sense of humor, caring nature, and optimism, but she has a lot of internal self-doubts. Her family doesn't support her decision to be a baker and she questions her own judgement, because look at the tools she's dated. They both wanted to find love though and that right person. Their dates are sometimes hilarious, sometimes sexual tension-filled, and overall wonderful. They had chemistry in spades. It's a slow burn but absolutely has some excellent steamy times. This was kinda similar in premise to Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating. Layla and Caleb don't have the best dating history (individually), so they decide to try date each other and then to grade the other person on what areas they could improve to be a better partner. What a wonderful and charming book. I listened to the audiobook and the narrator did an amazing job. I kept finding times to listen and even relistened to some parts over again. This was a feel good, put a smile on your face, piece of happiness that I didn't know I was looking for.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment