276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cook Anime: Eat Like Your Favorite Character―From Bento to Yakisoba: A Cookbook

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

My first introduction to Japanesse foods is come from anime and manga since young age. Most of characters from there bring decorative and adorable bento/lunchbox to school handmade of their mother, or grab some delicious street foods. From cooking theme anime I will get more sophisticated recipes. This book offers enough variance of foods from appetizing such as mitarashi dango (samurai champion) and bento inspiration (school baby sitter). Main course as Lutfy's fave meat (one piece) or pikachu curry (Pokemon cafe mix). And for sugartooth readers there is option from dessert and drink such as starfish cone (clannad), kero's purin (cardcaptor sakura), prairie oyster (cowboy beebob). Somehow I misunderstood when I requested this book and thought that it was more about food drawings, so I was a bit surprised when I discovered that it’s a real cookbook. There is quite a wide range of recipes, from appetisers to mains and desserts and drinks. Unfortunately it’s NOT vegan/vegetarian friendly at all, but I know I can’t expect that of every cookbook I read. Tamagoyaki is the broad term for Japanese Rolled Egg or Omelet. If you want to translate it to English, Tamago is eggs and Yaki is grill so it would be grilled eggs. Souma is a young boy with great cooking skills. He easily comes up with new dishes and often uses weird combinations of the ingredients no one else would think of.

Join an otaku on her tour through anime food and find out what your favorite characters are savoring and sharing and then learn to make it at home! Including: Calling all otaku! If you adore anime, manga, or Japanese culture in general, you will love learning how to Cook Anime. You can get a grip on what role it plays in Japan nowadays, by watching the comedy-drama anime Shirobako.

There isn’t a more well known Japanese dish than sushi. It’s a vinegared rice Japanese dish made with a wide variety of ingredients like veggies, meats, seafood, cheese, and sauces. There are a number of types such as maki, nigiri, onigiri, and rolls.

Each recipe also had a blurb that talked about what anime was the inspiration for the recipe and the specific moments in the anime that the recipe comes from. I also enjoyed the wide variety of anime that recipes were inspired by, from more well-known anime like Studio Ghibli films, One Piece, Pokemon, and Fruits Basket, to anime that I hadn't heard of.

8| Spirited Away

Enoki mushrooms: Called enokitake in Japanese, these long, thin white mushrooms are popular in soups, salads, and many other East Asian dishes. a live-action film (which also won many awards) and eventually the anime series The Great Passage. Miura is also the author of Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru, which was adapted into a live-action film and the inspiring anime series Run with the Wind. The instruction sheets also have a little graphic in the middle that lets you know how many servings the recipe will yield, how long prep will take, cook time, and other misc things such as how long to marinate if that is necessary. Some recipes include tips, or quotes from the anime featured. The book is full of cute-looking drawings that are really appetizing. It was just a shame that not all recipes had a picture/drawing of the food because it's easier to eat a picture with your eyes than by reading a text. Yumeiro Patissiere is about a clumsy girl Ichigo Amano who isn’t really good at anything else but eating cakes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment