276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Under a Greek Moon: The perfect escapist read from the Sunday Times bestseller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ariana decides to go to visit the hotel, where she clashes with the former owner, who didn't know that the hotel didn't belong to his family. When she gets there the Carnes film festival is taking place and Hollywood has moved to France. Demetrios è abituato a vivere nel lusso. Vorrebbe fare ciò che gli passa per la testa, tuttavia è costretto a sottostare al volere della famiglia e della madre in particolare, una donna che sa essere opprimente e ingombrante. Carol Kirkwood’s plot is cleverly structured so that the reader has glimpses into the past as well as present action, adding interest and appeal to the story. Not only is there conflict at many levels, and romance, but there’s mystery too so that Under a Greek Moon will appeal to a wide range of readers.

What a dream of a book to read, I have literally read this within 24 hours, as I couldn't put it down. It had old school Hollywood glamour, drama ,fighting, mystery and secrets. Although I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the cast and the smashing story, I think what drew me so much to Under a Greek Moon was the uncovering of themes. Carol Kirkwood shines a spotlight on friendship, desire at many levels, whether that be in occupation or romance, on family and relationships, on loyalty and trust, on responsibility and burden so that I felt Under a Greek Moon had smashing depth as well as light entertainment in a perfect balance.It's a story that's been told many times; that of a young, fairly innocent girl who meets a gorgeous, rich man and whose dreams are shattered. For Shauna, those few weeks on a remote Greek island will shape the rest of her life. No matter that she finds fame and fortune, becomes rich and much loved, there's always a piece of her left on Ithos. At the heart, theres's a tender and quite emotional story of lost love and misunderstanding. Of opportunities missed and the power of family and friends. The wedding will take place in Villa Amore, where family and friends will gather but there are so many secrets that will blow up around this union. Why has Carina's dad hired a bodyguard for her and how will she feel with Tom following her everywhere ? What secrets are Salvador keeping from his wife and Carina, and will their marriage crumble when she leaves. What has the groom been up to and why has he gone to America a week before the wedding?

The main and side characters could have been much better but end up as cardboard cutouts. Also, a major development made me roll my eyes at the FMC. This could have been achieved in better ways. I usually bypass novels written by celebrities but I’m glad on this occasion I had a change of heart. It’s a wonderful read – for me a breath of fresh air - and I honestly could not put it down. I love Carol from BBC weather so I was excited to read her book but I was worried I'd be disappointed. In the end, it was better than I expected for a romance with a beautiful setting and some twists in the storyline.

Featured Reviews

I enjoyed the dialogue between the characters which brought them alive as the story unfolded. Carol Kirkwood’s vivid descriptions of beautiful Cannes, the music festivals and events made you feel you were there. But there is a darker side underlying the glamour, which brings a hint of danger to the plot. Parliamo di questo delizioso romance che cavalca le onde del romantico mare greco, raccontandoci una love story che attraversa quasi vent’anni e che vede protagonisti Demetrios, un armatore erede di una famiglia ricca e ingombrante ma che non dimentica le sue radici; e Shauna, una giovane ragazza irlandese assunta come lavorante stagionale sullo yacht del rampollo. We are smart readers yes however when you have to do something like that constantly throughout then it makes for poor reading as novels should be clear and guided instead of going what some would call ‘wish-washy’. Ambientato tra anni ’80 e primi anni 2000, il romanzo segue le vicissitudini di Shauna, una donna che dal niente riesce ad arrivare nell’Olimpo del cinema. Full of wonderful descriptions of sun-drenched Greek islands, Hollywood and its screen icons; I didn't want to put it down ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I was hoping Giorgio would face the music for his actions. While he does to a minor extent, the book sadly sweeps a good portion of it under the carpet. Financial fraud is one thing, infidelity and mistreating women is another matter. He isn’t even questioned about it. That is NOT acceptable. It’s pure, perfect romance, wonderful setting, beautiful, privileged, slim, perfect people. You know who’s going to fall for whom and there’s no great surprises. Of course, there are some ‘bad guys’ but they are the ‘less perfect ones’. I finished the book because I said I would, but it’s just not my ‘cup of tea’. From Sunday Times bestselling author and the nation’s best loved TV presenter Carol Kirkwood comes a glittering escape to the French Riviera. ‘Deliciously escapist’ Cathy Kelly ‘A stunning holiday read with passion and heart, perfect…!’ Anton Du Beke With secrets surrounding the transfer of ownership of the hotel, and the tragedy that surrounds it, will Ariana and Gabriel ever work out their differences about the ownership of the hotel.Unlike most novels with multiple narratives, this one is more difficult to follow. In one paragraph you are reading about the present of Ariana. The next you are reading about Gabriel’s deceased family. There are no breaks in the writing at all to let you know instead you have to use your mind and memory to recap this every few paragraphs which is VERY annoying.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment