276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Amber the Orange Fairy: The Rainbow Fairies Book 2 (Rainbow Magic)

£2.995£5.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The argument is that children want to read these books, and at least they are reading something. Normally I would agree with that - any reading is better than none at all. But these chapter books are such poor examples that I'm actually not convinced that reading this is better than not reading anything. At least Captain Underpants exemplifies characterization, contains humor, has a plot, and follows proper story structure. All of those elements are missing from here. The sentences are simple enough that Julia more than understands and can follow the story and each story ends with somewhat of a cliff-hanger which immediately gets Julia hyped up to start the next one. A number of years ago, I was in a bookstore perusing the chapter book section to see what was popular at that time. When a young girl presented a book from this series to her mother, the mom refused to buy it and told her daughter she had read "enough fairy books" and had to select something else. The child was disappointed and I thought the mother was being too strict, possibly even preventing her daughter from developing a lifelong love of reading. Now that I've read four books from this series myself, I've completely changed my mind - kudos to that mother for steering her child in a better direction. In Ruby the Red Fairy, the Fairy Queen had told Rachel and Kirsty, "Let the magic come to you." Indeed, they were unable to find any fairies when they searched purposefully. It was only when they were caught up in their own fun at the beach that Amber the Orange Fairy appeared to them. Narinder Dhami was born in Wolverhampton, England on November 15, 1958. She received a degree in English from Birmingham University in 1980. After having taught in primary and secondary schools for several years she began to write full-time. Dhami has published many retellings of popular Disney stories and wrote the Animal Stars and Babes series, the latter about young British girls of Asian origin. She lives in Cambridge, England with her husband and cats.

I'm sure the target audience for these books are slightly older than Julia at 5 but seeing how engrossed she is with the entire story, all aspects of it, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for a child her age. Mini-review: Cute book. I liked how Amber was perkier. It made her distinct from Ruby. I like that Kirsty and Rachel have to go to their parents for certain things. Good lesson all kids should learn that most modern books don't teach.Amber the Orange Fairy is trapped in an unusual place! Can the fluffy feather really help Rachel and Kirsty rescue her?

Daisy Meadows is the pseudonym used for the four writers of the Rainbow Magic children's series: Narinder Dhami, Sue Bentley, Linda Chapman, and Sue Mongredien. Rainbow Magic features differing groups of fairies as main characters, including the Jewel fairies, Weather fairies, Pet fairies, Petal fairies, and Sporty fairies. If the books in this series continue to hold Julia's attention and get her excited about reading they'll all get five stars and a glowing review from me. We're reading these together because Julia can't yet read alone although these books are helping her to become more comfortable with certain words, along with the work we do here at home and what she does at her school. Unfortunately, there was still no sign of either Rachel or Kirsty having any particular individualized personality. The focus seems to be much more on the fairies, as Amber was clearly portrayed as being pretty keen on gymnastics. Her fairy dust turned into bubbles that smell like oranges when they pop! What little girl wouldn't love to get immersed in an imaginary world like that?! Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Amber called. She flew up and did a somersault in mid-air Amber's name comes from a tree resin called amber. Amber is an orange-gold substance usually used to make jewellery.

Join for FREE today!

Then again, plot is only half of the draw of the Rainbow Magic books. Creating an attractive atmosphere is key too. Though an alleged grownup bloke like me won't feel the same joy as the target audience of preteen girls, I can see the appeal of this happy, magic world where you find fairies while out on your holidays. It is a very comforting kind of adventure, just not for me. Linda Chapman has written over 50 children's fiction books, including the following series: My Secret Unicorn, Stardust, Not Quite a Mermaid, and Unicorn School. She lives in Leicestershire with her husband and daughters.

Sue Bentley was born in Northampton, England. She worked in a library after completing her education and began writing for children once her own began school. Bentley is the author of the Magic Kitten, Magic Puppy, and S Club series and lives in Northamptonshire.Rachel and Kirsty have already found one Rainbow Fairy, but now Amber the Orange Fairy is trapped in a seashell! Can they rescue her too? Amber has a tendency to get very excited and joyful when something goes right. She can thus be described as a very hyper-active fairy. Rachel and Kirsty watched as the two fairies flew into each other's arms. The air around them fizzed with tiny red flowers and orange bubbles We started out using these (the first one in the series and the beginning of this) as before bedtime reading but she's so into them that she's asking to read these during the day. During the days she's here with me and not at school we usually read shorter books out of habit. We finished this in two days with the last half being read last night before bed because she loves them so much.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment