276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Korg - SQ-64 Polyphonic Step Sequencer + Software Bundle

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Reverse, Bounce, Random and Stochastic can be selected independently and on-the-fly on each track to add variations to your sequences.

It doesn’t even stop there as there are plenty of other features that I haven’t had the space to go into, such as the polyrhythms, ability to play your sequences in quarter notes, triplets and more. There’s also the keyboard mode mentioned earlier but I think the best option is ISO mode, where the top row of tracks shows the pattern, the lower three tracks then light up in ISO fashion, depending on the scale you have chosen for your project.

The SQ-64 has 64 beautifully LED-lit Step button pads that not only let you see the whole picture at once, but also allow for super-fast and satisfactory editing with its encoder knobs and dedicated mode buttons that will simplify and speed up your workflow. KSP has a terrible clock when it’s acting as a slave or USB-midi converter and this was dealbreaker in the end for me. With a 64-step pad matrix, OLED display, and aluminium body, SQ-64’s wealth of connections and modes will quickly make it an indispensable part of your live and studio rig.

One thing for sure, the SQ-64 offers an immediate way to create and edit sequences on the fly, but also to interact with the steps once they are written - I really like the easy access to the trigger probability and ratcheting, in combination, you can create some evolving and inspiring patterns, particularly when working with beats, it's just a shame we can record the initial pattern in from an external MIDI device. I must say that overall, I am enjoying the SQ 64 very much, it's been years since I've used a hardware sequencer, and I'm finding it quite inspiring. Read more about the condition New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is applicable).Solid case, the knobs could be more user friendly, also the lighting of the knobs, where you cannot tell from time to time if they are lit or not.

I can only set the step lengths for each of the main tracks A-D, but D only as a whole, not each of the drum sub tracks. Each step has graduated lighting; the higher the modulation value, the stronger the button lights up to give you a clear visual on what’s going on in the sequence. In Pitch Mode you have track controls over Transposition, mono, chord or arpeggiator Playback, Scales and a very useful Add Gate feature.I'm also curious what other configurations can be set up, like can you have 2 tracks showing 32 steps of each. The arpeggiator is moving so fast it sounds like a gurgle and I haven’t found a way of improving upon it. New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging . Hitting the global button allows you to set various aspects of the device so it fits with the rest of your gear, including things like 5 or 10 volts for pitch output, CC control mapping and the like.

It’s true that note entry via button holding and turning a single knob is not as immediate as a knob‑per‑step, but it’s really a question of which workflow you prefer. That vibe of playfulness is carried through in the Loop Mode and under the Shift key as you discover new ways to run or ruin your patterns. At least the indicator lights along the top edge sit directly above each socket, making the cabling that bit easier to achieve.So yeah the hardware is great but the software implementation is really lacking and is quite disappointing. I preferred using the external MIDI tbh, but for some reason track D (drums) will not record from external MIDI. The joy of this sequencer is that as well as the basics like setting pitches, bridging notes and sliding notes, you have more advanced options to really make your music the way you want. I'm first to admit that I'm not really a step sequencer person, but the SQ-64 seems to have opened the door for me into a new way of working that is pretty appealing. My local vendor (Perfect Circuit) has no word, but succinctly mentioned that while supplies and production are cut in half, demand is up by a factor of three.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment