276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My Dad's Best Friend (A Touch of Taboo)

£5.12£10.24Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

My Dad's Best Friend" is book 194 of Ferrari's "A Man Who Knows What He Wants" series. It is the story of Marie, a young twentysomething woman on summer break from college, home visiting her parents. A woman unsure of what she wants from both college and her life in general, but in the moment, dealing with the stresses of being stalked by an unwanted suitor. And Conner, a wealthy businessman and longtime best friend of Marie's dad. A global jet setter and man of mystery who answers his friend's call when Marie needs looking after while her parents are away. Eventually, because of Mindy’s sporadic use of her birth control pills, she ended up pregnant. When she finally got around to try to tell Clint, bringing up marriage and children “some day”, Clint announced he was never having kids. He also said she was young and shouldn’t tie herself down with him. So she said nothing more on the ride home. My mom shot me a nervous smile. She knows I've always wanted a cute gigantic house, now here it is. Their attraction is immediate and mutual, but a bit taboo considering Andrews current poor relationship with Raven.

Honey, stop complaining, you're not a baby any more," My mom glared at me through the rear view mirror. I really liked the way Raven reacted to/with their relationship. I thought she was going to be a deal breaker in this sweet/sexy romance and am happy with the way this all turned out at the end! This story had my attention from the beginning. Some of the issues were real-life situations that one may face, heartbreaking and heart wrenching. But the HEA made it all worth it in the end. Blake used to be a best friend to her parents but Bonnie's mother's death drove them apart. Now learning that his old best friend is in financial trouble, he offers a maid job to Bonnie. When Bonnie comes to the interview, he knows with one glance that she is meant to be his. He refuses to let her go. However she won't let him close unless he tells the truth of his relationship to her father. Blake knows that her dad has been lying to her about her mother's death but he is uncomfortable about revealing her father's lie. The lie is keeping them apart.

Marie has had a crush on Conner for the past five years. Being together alone for the next several weeks, the opportunity to make her feelings known is right there. The two of them feel the strong chemistry and, despite the realization that her parents won’t be happy about this, they are willing to give their feelings a chance. There is a little bit of drama along the way, but Connor is ready to deal with anything that comes along. Will they they a problem with Marie’s parents when they try to tell them that they are serious about each other?

You see, Mr. Potter was her best friend, Lily’s dad. Language: English Words: 2,764 Chapters: 1/1 Kudos: 106 Bookmarks: 32 Hits: 11,407 This story was first incredibly sweet for a mafia story. I LOVED the FMC & MMC together. While the story definitely has darkness, there’s also a lot of sweetness & care to balance it out. This is definitely one of my favorites of this series. When Marie comes home over winter break, she has a stalker to contend with. Her parents are going on a cruise and ask their family friend, Connor, to stay with Marie for the three weeks to keep her safe. When Conner sees his best friend’s grown-up daughter, he knows it is time for him to make her his. New guidance counselor Lanie Jacobs had doubts about her new job in high school. Her first assignment, Raven Marx seemed to be the spoiled rich brat everyone's been thinking about. But she knew there's more about the girl than she was letting on. And when she met Raven's father, she knew her life wouldn't be he same again. Don't worry mom, I'm not going to ditch you. For a cute house," I said smiling, while she looked confused.

How to Vote

I ran to a closet & shut the door. Right as the possible-murderer feet made it to the bottom of the stairs. That was close! Now I hope he doesn't find me. Lots of drama, but in a good way. Their obstacles come in the form of Lanie's mom and the fact that (title is a big clue!) Andrew's very close friend is her dad! Uncomfortable much? Just go to any room and use the inner-com." I nodded. I started walking towards the right of the stairs. There was left and right stair case. I choose right because my room was on the right, right? What follows is a captivating tale of love in all the wrong places. A story about finding your soul mate in a place that has the potential to light the rest of your life on fire and make you rethink every other aspect that makes up your world. It is also a story so full of misspellings, stunted, unintelligible prose, and sentence structure issues that you completely lose the joy of the story being told. I'm painfully aware of how many songs there are about how much a woman loves a man. There simply aren't enough songs about the middle-aged man who babysat you once and thought it was grand for you to stay up watching Videodrome. The guy who used to sit in your kitchen smoking fags and telling your mother how much of a legend your dad was the time they went to Lanzarote, but he can still beat him at arm wrestling.

Bonnie was suspicious when her father pushed her to apply for the job as a maid, but she never suspected her new boss was her dad’s ex-best friend or that she would not be able to return home, once she entered the boss’ house. When Blake made the agreement with Bonnie’s dad, he never thought his best friend’s daughter would end up being his soulmate or that she would be the reason for him to change his grumpy behaviour.Bonnie and her dad have been alone for a long time after her mother was killed in a hit and run accident. Bonnie is determined to become a detective and find the man who killed her mother and bring him to justice. Meanwhile she is struggling to make ends meet since her dad lost his job. She feels pretty hopeless when he tells her they will not be able to pay the rent but then he shows her an ad in the paper. Someone is looking for a maid and is paying top dollar. When she arrives at Blake's house she is instantly drawn to the older man. He offers her the job as a live-in maid but Bonnie refuses it because she can tell something suspicious is going on. Blake refuses to let her leave and she figures out that Blake used to be a friend of her father's and that he is a criminal. Bonnie use all her detective skills to learn the truth but he attraction for Blake is clouding her mind. Ally Alexandria Alïań," she warned. I rolled my eyes, why do parents need to say the whole name? Are the A's supposed to scare me? I try to put two ideas together, perhaps one technological and one a world event or situation. Past gags have included: "I still maintain that Osama Bin Laden was traced by his ATM withdrawals after the US froze his assets and his bank would only let him have a cash card."

Throw in issues with Mindy's father, who has never learned to grow up and be a responsible, trustworthy man, and you have a dicey situation that may tear this couple apart. Or maybe it wasn’t much of a secret because every girl or woman, and quite a few guys, found Harry Potter attractive. Literally just pure filth Language: English Words: 6,871 Chapters: 1/1 Comments: 23 Kudos: 1,035 Bookmarks: 141 Hits: 14,693 Peters first friend in his new school is a spitfire of a girl named Morgan Stark. She’s dark haired, big green eyes and might be responsible for half the sophomore class having unachievable standards. Peter, she says, is the first boy to treat her like more than a priceless painting or a dainty glass figurine. Only Peter knows the stubborn, brilliant mind that would rather have her arms covered in grease while she rebuilds a carburetor in her dads customs shop than take part in things like dance or music like a normal teenage girl. Not that Peter has much room to complain, not when Mr. Stark wears less and less layers as New York is blanketed in summer heat. Language: English Words: 26,371 Chapters: 9/? Comments: 148 Kudos: 240 Bookmarks: 35 Hits: 5,294Andrew is having problems with his 17 year old daughter Raven. He's been a single parent for 10 years, and has been in the typical workaholic mode for years. In this book we meet Mindy Walker & Clint Sutton. When this book opens with Mindy being in a club with her friend from the rehabilitation center. When she sees her ex with another woman she is over the whole thing. When Clint comes up to her after she has been there for a bit she can't help but see his loneliness and sadness in his eyes. That will lead to them spending the night together. For over a month she hears nothing but notices something is happening with her dad. All she knows is she wants more time with him even if she knows she isn't what he wants. After that night Clint can't get Mindy out of his mind. No matter how much he wants to be with her he knows he can't because of her dad. When she calls him again he is like a teenager waiting on his first date. Can these two find their HEA or will others make sure that never happens?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment