276°
Posted 20 hours ago

HDMI to DisplayPort Cable, 2M HDMI to DP Adapter Cable with USB/Audio, 4K@60Hz HDMI in to DP Output Cable Male to Male, HDMI to Display Port Converter Lead for XBOX One 360,NS,Mac,PC to Monitor,TV

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Notice I said "active" adapter--that's the magic word you need to look for when getting an adapter to go from HDMI to DP. Connect this port to the source with a USB-A female port or to a USB Power Adapter for supplying extra power to the product in the event that the HDMI source can’t supply enough power (under 300mA). So if you’re looking for a DisplayPort to HDMI converter to make use of an HDMI display, you’ll need to be aware that HDMI has these limits, even if they’re unlikely to be met in most cases. If the source does not support DP++, then you must use an active converter, which includes additional chips to perform the conversion. A DP to HDMI adapter plugs into a DP socket, and provides a female HDMI socket that your male monitor cable plugs into.

By contrast, passive DisplayPort-to-HDMI converters work pretty much flawlessly, given how the signal is the same as a native signal. Comments that contain any of the following will be deleted: terms considered explicit and inappropriate; defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, or offensive. So is “DP is HDMI plus some extra information, so it’s easy to strip but hard to generate that info”. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work.Our mission is to provide you with great editorial and essential information to make your PC an integral part of your life. Active converters are considerably more expensive than passive ones because they require logic to take a signal and convert it to an entirely different one. The HDPORT-0054K-CABREV is a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter which allows you to transmit a video signal from a HDMI source (PC etc.

HDMI and DisplayPort are each used for multiple different cases in electronics to achieve high-fidelity image quality, while also being able to handle a range of resolutions or refresh rates. If the answer is “DP controllers can detect they’re talking to an HDMI device and change protocols”, that’s a valid answer. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH. If so I'm only trying to do a simple 800 by 600 resolution it shouldn't eat so much bandwidth to need an active adapter or no?HDMI and DisplayPort are completely different from the point of view of the signals that they send down the wires, as well as the connectors that they use. I just bought a new Games PC the other day and decided to invest in a cheap bootleg DisplayPort to HDMI adaptor so I could connect it to my TV as well, and this was working great for a while until it didn't and now I'm worried I might have fried the. You can play a DVD in a blu-ray player, but you can’t play a blu-ray disc in a DVD only player because the disc isn’t encoded for it.

Please use our Discord server instead of supporting a company that acts against its users and unpaid moderators. This technology, also known as multi-mode or DP++, is equipped on most modern DisplayPort devices and allows signal conversion to be done on the device before being outputted. When you convert video from a source that uses DisplayPort or Mini DisplayPort to DVI or HDMI (ex: A computer to a monitor).Display port is often incorporated into USB 3 proprietary connections with adapters; so you could get a usb3 to display port doc. You should use an active adapter because some video cards cannot run the maximum number of monitors while using DP++.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment