276°
Posted 20 hours ago

MAC Eye Shadow X 9: BURGUNDY TIMES NINE

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The burgundy times nine palette is part of the recent permanent palette releases from Mac. Mac relaxed 4 new palettes including Navy times nine, Amber times nine and purple times nine. Each palette in this times nine collection, contains nine eyeshadows that tie into the theme of the palette. Each palette contains a mix of new and permanent shades. Sketch: Described as a ‘burgundy with red shimmer’, this is part of the velvet finish. This one works really well with Star Violet. Actually, all 3 shades in the last row really work very well together. The top row of the palette has the shades, Honey Lust, Poppyseed and Quarry. I found that Honey lust had quite a bit of fall out and when applied to the lid there wasn’t a great amount of colour payoff. However, my favourite way to use this was to place it on top of other colours. When applied this way, it really comes into its own. Poppyseed and Quarry are probably the two most work appropriate shades in the palette. I like to wear poppyseed on the lid with quarry in the crease and outer corner. Aromatic is described as a “matte brown [with a Matte finish].” It’s a muted, dark brown with subtle, warm undertones and a matte finish. The texture was firm and dry, which resulted in semi-sheer, uneven pigmentation.

Embark: Described as an ‘intense reddish brown’. This one is, again, a matte finish one. However, it’s smoother to work with than Quarry. The shade is obviously a brown but with red undertones. This may or may not work for everyone since it can look a bit muddy. If used sparingly, it works well to add depth to any look. All three colours on the bottom row work really well together, as well as independently. Haux can work as either a crease colour or an all over the lid colour. I like to wear haux on the lid, with sketch in the outer corner, or as a soft cut crease. Star violet is absolutely divine all over the lid and buffed into the crease or even with sketch to deepen out the crease or outer corner. Sketch has been a favourite of mine for a long time and one of the first Mac shades that I bought, so it is really handy to have it in the palette too.Star Violet: Described as a ‘pinky brown plum’. Like Antiqued, this one is also from the veluxe pearl finish and is THE most gorgeous shade in the palette! This is the one shade I would probably hit pan on and will need to buy a refill for my pro pan palette. It just brightens up the eye and blends so effortlessly. Honey Lust: Described as ‘bronze dipped peach’. This one is a gorgeous champagne gold in lustre finish, with tonnes of fine glitters. This also means that you have to deal with fall out. Also, the colour pay-off on this one isn’t too great. So, how to use it? I finally figured 2 ways to work this through – one, apply it wet and pat it on. Second option is to just pat it onto the lid on an existing colour to add a touch of glamour.

Kitties is described as a “pale bronze [with a Frost finish].” It’s a light-medium, yellowed gold with a frosted, metallic finish. The texture was soft, fairly smooth, and it was mostly opaque. answered already. Comments alerting us to typos or small errors in the post are appreciated (!) but Except for Quarry and Haux (at times), the shades in the palette have good pigmentation. They can be built up or sheered out as necessary. Haux: Described as a ‘soft muted rosy brown’, this one has a satin finish. This is quite a famed shade. It works well as a crease colour or as an all over lid shade. Don’t Tell is described as a “sparkly brown [with a Lustre finish].” It’s a rosy brown with copper and champagne sparkle and shimmer. It had a sparkly texture that you could feel that seemed to blend out to semi-sheer coverage.Antiqued: Described as ‘ash brown with bronze’, this gorgeous, gorgeous shade is in veluxe pearl finish. One of the prettiest shades in the palette. Even though this does not have much relation to the burgundy theme of the palette. The fact that it is there is a big plus for the palette because it helps you to create coppery/bronzy looks also, from the same palette. And you know how coppery/bronzy shades work really well for Indian skin tone. Georgia Peach is described as a “dirty rose pink [with a Matte finish].” It’s a muted, medium-dark peach-brown with a matte finish. The texture was on the firmer side but yielded decent color payoff. Ricepaper is described as a “peachy gold with shimmer [with a Frost finish].” It’s a lightened yellow with a frosted finish. It had a soft, blendable texture on the skin with good pigmentation. It seemed a smidgen yellower compared to my original. Cork is described as a “muted golden brown [with a Satin finish].” It’s a muted, medium brown with warm undertones and a semi-matte finish. It was semi-opaque with a soft but firmer texture. It was sheerer and noticeably lighter than my permanent pan.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment