276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Eagle Rare 10 Year Old Bourbon Whiskey, 70cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

year old Eagle Rare Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey from the 2014 Buffalo Trace Antique Collection. For one, as Gear Patrol notes, Eagle Rare has been designed to create a supply-demand market in its favor by only releasing a limited number of its product to distributors at any given time.

Eagle Rare Bourbon 10 Year Review [In Depth] - The Whiskey Shelf Eagle Rare Bourbon 10 Year Review [In Depth] - The Whiskey Shelf

At the time, Charles Beam, the master distiller at Seagram's, saw the ominous trend and recognized that the decrease in the output was actually a hidden opportunity.While one might think that bourbons coming from the same facilities would taste the same, make no mistake. Tried more than few bourbons to build my favourite cocktail, keep coming back to Eagle Rare (although weirdly, not my favourite sipping whiskey). Eagle Rare 10 Year Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey has a sweet, oaky nose and full, complex body. Meanwhile, as The Whiskey Wash notes, multi-barrel blended bourbons tend to rely on the mixing process to mellow out unappealing or harsh flavors that can turn off some consumers. It is also almost certainly the coolest looking bottle on the market with that majestic eagle on the front!

Eagle Rare 10 Year Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Bourbon Eagle Rare 10 Year Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Bourbon

Its low-rye mash keeps the whiskey on the softer side, and the drinkable 90 bottling proof and 10 years spent in a barrel make it a crowd-pleaser. Pricked by my experiences in a decade worth of travel to Japan – where good things demonstrably don’t last forever – I reconsidered my ambiguity towards Eagle Rare and purchased a bottle recently. Considering the original juice is pretty damn good to start with it can only get better after 10 years in a barrel, right? Eagle Rare recently went through a label design change which moved the 10 year age statement from the bottleneck to the back of the bottle.During recent renovations, its foundations were discovered and can now be seen by visitors touring the site. The alcohol remains reserved throughout, adding a little body to the otherwise thinner mouthfeel that’s a little rougher and unrefined than expected for a 10 year old bourbon. The first taste of Eagle Rare bourbon is not particularly complex, but “chewing” the second time does improve it. All the way from the legendary Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort, Kentucky, comes Eagle Rare 10 Year Old. Upfront notes of honey, toasted brown sugar, new oak, and light traces of white pepper are all present.

Eagle Rare - Whisky Marketplace Eagle Rare - Whisky Marketplace

The initial smell is light to moderate, sweet tea-like (a blend of honey, orange, lemon, and alcohol). NID cookie, set by Google, is used for advertising purposes; to limit the number of times the user sees an ad, to mute unwanted ads, and to measure the effectiveness of ads.I found myself going back often to sip this throughout the review to taste more of the deliciously sweet palate. As far as American innovations go: I’m willing to rank the airplane, internet, and polio vaccine way, way ahead of bourbon, as much as I may enjoy a drink. Those who need a more mellow experience may also find that this bourbon, like so many other whiskys, is more drinkable mixed with water to help open up the bourbon and dilute its harsher qualities. According to Farm Flavor, Kentucky's agriculture facilitated the growth of quality grains such as the corn, rye, and barley used to make Eagle Rare.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment