276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Artillery Sidewinder X2 3D Printer, SW-X2 Newest Model 95% Pre-Assembled Ultra-Quiet Rapid Heating Dual Z System Filament Runout Detection Resume Printing 300x300x400mm

£23.995£47.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If your object is only decorative, you can either print it completely hollow or with a low infill density to save filament. On the other hand, if you want to print objects that will be used a lot (such as toys), densities in the range of 15 to 50% are recommended. If you are printing objects that need to be very stable, you should use even higher densities or print them completely solid (100% infill density). Unfortunately, I think that Artillery is now riding the success wave of their previous machines, and they will surely disappoint some of their fans with the Sidewinder X2. I did not scale the model and printed it in its original size. However, if I had printed it larger and placed the base on the areas of the print bed where the four screws are located, there would probably have been problems with the print bed adhesion, as the temperature there is lower than on the rest of the print bed. The printing temperature is of particular importance in 3D printing, as it usually has the greatest impact on the final result. An incorrectly set printing temperature leads to the most common printing errors. These include over-extrusion, under-extrusion, stringing and various other printing errors. Below are the best temperature ranges for the standard filaments on the Sidewinder X2 and later in this article you will learn how to calibrate this important setting.

For TPU, glass print bed surfaces are very good for creating sufficient print bed adhesion. For most TPU filaments it is sufficient to find the right temperature. However, for some filaments, you may need to use adhesives like Magigoo. With Bowden extruders, which are normally positioned on the X-axis, the filament sensor is usually located directly in front of the extruder. With a direct drive extruder, this would unnecessarily increase the weight of the printhead. The print head of a direct drive extruder must be as light as possible to avoid vibrations and to enable a higher print speed.

Setup Rust and Bevy under WSL2 in Windows 11

However, it is quite easy to disassemble the hotend and replace the part. Only two screws on the extruder have to be loosened to remove the hotend. Glass Print Bed Mainboard: The Sidewinder X1 has an 8-bit mainboard, the X2 uses a self-developed 32-bit mainboard. The new mainboard allows for better operation and various upgrades.

Another advantage of the Ender 3 S1’s Sprite extruder is the dual gear system inside the extruder, where the filament is driven by two gears. The plastic gear on the Sidewinder X2 wears out over time and needs to be replaced. Ender 3 S1 with CR Touch A 3D printer profile in Cura is a set of specific settings tailored to a particular 3D printer and filament type. They control things like print speed, layer height, and fan speed. A good profile will result in high-quality prints with minimal errors.While in my review I complain quite a lot about the differences between the Sidewinder X2 and the X1, I still think that the printer is great. It’s a partially upgraded Sidewinder X1 that offers great print quality out of the box for a fair price. However, with ribbon cables, the connection point is a common problem when movement is involved. As the X-axis moves up and down and the print head moves right and left, there is constant mechanical stress on these connectors during printing. This often caused the Sidewinder X1 to break the connection and disrupt data transmission. The Sidewinder X2 has a PTFE-lined Volcano hotend. This is not really bad and is very common among 3D printers. However, the maximum temperature is limited to about 240 °C, otherwise the PTFE would melt. For most standard filaments this is sufficient. Besides that, I also don’t really like the fast movements done by the printer when homing. The custom firmware is tuned with slower movements which should provide better accuracy when homing and probing. I am still testing the custom firmware, and I will release it in a couple of weeks Klipper Firmware

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment