276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Champion's Mind: How Great Athletes Think, Train, and Thrive

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Then again, if you are not an athlete that’s fine also, because this book doesn’t depend on classification and categorization. All professions face the same obstacle – a negative, self-criticize, and inefficient mindset. Created by Dr Jim Afremow (Arizona State, San Francisco Giants), Champion's Mind contains over 130 mental training sessions to help you master the mental component of your sport. Each session is built on the wisdom Jim has used as a mental skills coach and sports psychologist to 17 Olympic Gold Medalists, 7 Hall of Famers and the San Francisco Giants. Mental toughness is the ability to remain positive and proactive in the most adverse of circumstances. The Champion’s Mind ” is for those who are tired of being underdogs. It’s suitable for everyone who intends to take his personal and professional life on another level. About Jim Afremow

It is better to conquer yourself, than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell." - Buddha Dr Afremow looks at every challenge as an opportunity for growth no matter the circumstance and staying present to achieve success on and off the field. I began applying some of the skills immediately as I was going through the book. Something simple as listening to a certain type music to get into the rhythm and flow of an activity can determine how well we focus especially during a difficult period of a day i.e. mid afternoon for me. And that rhythm and flow can be applied to our sports practice or performance. Even the pre-game prep is something many of us overlook in the importance of creating an environment that'll boost our performance rather than create resistance and stress. If you sit around all day, doing nothing, and waiting to get a job interview from the most expensive restaurant in San Francisco, you’ll hardly ever make any progress. Well-trained and disciplined persons understand that being realistic is far more critical than being persistent. Sports participation—from the recreational to the collegiate Division I level—is at an all-time high. While the caliber of their game may differ, athletes at every level have one thing in common: they want to excel. In The Champion's Mind, sports psychologist Jim Afremow, PhD, LPC, now offers the same advice he uses with Olympians, Heisman Trophy winners, and professional athletes, including: By increasing your self-awareness and mental discipline, you can train yourself to enter the present. The present is the present, and does not look into the past or the future. By staying in the present, you maintain 'mental toughness' by remaining positive and proactive, even in the worst circumstances.A day should never go by without accomplishing something in your life, whether it's health, wealth, relationships, or happiness. Athletes who want to learn the secrets of the mental game should read The Champion's Mind.”— Carli Lloyd, Olympic gold medalist, soccer You need all the help you can get, right? – One way to do it is to rely on your instinct and burning desire to achieve something.

If you’re not getting better, you’re getting worse – A winning philosophy that must be embraced to reach personal excellence and competitive greatness. What sets this book apart is Dr. Afremow's ability to bridge the gap between the world of professional sports and everyday life. While geared towards athletes looking to improve their performance, the principles and strategies can be applied by anyone seeking personal growth and success in various domains. Whether it is excelling in academics, career, relationships, or any other pursuit, "The Champion's Mind" offers a roadmap to excellence.

About Author

Even coaches indicate that the greatest battle unfolds in a person’s head, and that’s where the game is either won or lost. i127833766 |b1110011704349 |dmrlao |g- |m |h8 |x2 |t2 |i1 |j300 |k191012 |n09-05-2023 18:13 |o- |a796.01 Afr Since I was mainly reading this as a runner, some of the analogies didn't really work for me, and the stuff about training in a team and listening to your coach is stuff I can't wholly apply to my running. distills a myriad of golden Olympic stories into clear tools we all can use. I am positive that you will The Champion’s Mind is very informative and full of great principles and guidelines for any athlete that is searching for excellence in their performance.”— Mike Candrea, three-time Olympic gold medal coach of USA softball, eight-time national champion coach of the University of Arizona women’s softball team

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment