276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Risk: 2 (Briar U)

£6.5£13.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Conor was just utter perfection and my opinion about him didn't change throughout the book. He's probably one of my favourites within this series. Just his big heart and kindness, and protectiveness towards Taylor throughout cemented me towards him. This novella was already published so there wasn't much new content to Logan and Grace story, but surprisingly I didn't enjoy it any less the second time around, even tho this couple is not my favorite in the series. Grace and Logan's part of the book is probably the most chill out of all the four couples. Their 'conflict' wasn't as bad as the others and Logan and Grace had the most couple time where they were happy in each other company imo. One of the standout secondary characters was Coach Jensen. He's been in the books since the Off Campus but we never really got to know him outside his hardass coach persona. Here we get a glimpse of who he is and his relationship with Brenna plays a crucial role to the story.

Overall, I enjoyed The Riskby Elle Kennedy. It was a great romance that just made me smile, while I wished for more ompf, I would also read it again. The Riskexplores the notion of family, friendship and letting go. It’s about finding a balance and the fact that sometimes, you will fall for the person that you less expect and it’s about to get heated.ignoring the flaws, it was fun. it had me laughing till the end. if i started oc with this one then i would have liked the book bc i wouldn't have met the characters before

Allie spilling Hannah's secret? not okay!! You just have to read their own books to know that that would never happen and it was a really weird thing to add in this novella.EDIT: I knew it was coming that one day I wake up and think about this book again and hate most about it. So I actually re-read HannahGarrett's novella again and felt sooo disappointed. Love the idea of them being the first book in the series and then, the last book ending with their chapters, but Elle Kennedy did (all) the characters so dirty... 😭 As a big fan of Off Campus, I was looking forward to Briar U ever since it was announced. Sadly, I found the first book to be not on the same level as the main series. However, the little Brenna/Jake hints from The Chase really made me interested in this second installment. I’d let Conor fool me into believing I was beautiful. That he didn’t see a chubby girl or just a pair of breasts, but me. All of me. He made me believe I was something desirable. Worth having. — Taylor The Legacy is not what I have in mind when I think of an epilogue novel(las). If you decide to write additional novella for each couple, then I expect a lot of domestic fluff and not fights about important milestones like marriage, pregnancy, kids etc. These kind of conflicts can be handled in each couple's full lenght novel. I really expected more happy scenes between each couple and instead we got some heavy stuff and unnecessary fights & drama. You have a friend? Well, that’s a relief. I’ve seen you hanging out with your teammates, but I assumed they have to pretend to like you because you’re their captain.”

And that’s who Jake Connelly is. Harvard’s star forward is arrogant, annoying, and too attractive for his own good. But fate is cruel—I require his help to secure a much-coveted internship, and the sexy jerk isn’t making it easy for me. At ten minutes, my patience would be running thin. And if the inconsiderate ass is both ten minutes late and didn’t call? Thank you, next. I’m walking right out the door.Dean and Allie's novella (★) — I've never been a fan of Dean but I used to tolerate Allie on some level. Well, after their novella, I can gladly say that these two are the dumbest bitches out there. People who know me know that I can barely stand Dean, but I have to surprisingly say that, in this novella, the boy was probably in the right while Allie was a complete pain in the ass. I get her fears and respect that she didn't feel ready to take some steps regarding her relationship with Dean. The problem is that she REALLY couldn't see that a relationship doesn't solely rotate around one person. She couldn't see past her fears to realize Dean also had some fears of his own and it was really annoying because Dean wasn't forcing her to do anything (it really pains me to say that Dean was somehow in his right). Now that you’ve gotten to know a little bit about Jake & Brenna, you can read about how these two are caught up in a modern day sports version of Romeo & Juliet. The Dare Briar U, Book 4 Get ready for another binge-worthy romance from New York Times bestselling author Elle Kennedy! In my opinion, no one writes a sports romance as impeccable as Elle Kennedy. The Risk is Briar U’s second instalment and was everything I had hoped it would be and more. Elle’s writing is always right on point and written with such precision, passion, thought and creativity. I absolutely loved The Risk from start to finish… it was positively perfect. I loved Conor just as much as I loved Taylor. Both of them were fantastic characters. These two together made me so happy. Of course there was some conflict, but it was more outside things coming in and not issues between them.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment