276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ask Me His Name: Learning to live and laugh again after the loss of my baby

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I read as a friend and also a nurse to peer into this world to better understand a situation not my own, to be more insightful and equipped to care for a loved friend in this painful landscape. A Bump In The Road reflects the reality of the journey to parenthood for thousands of people having difficulty conceiving in the U. She popped up in my suggested page on Instagram and I was instantly drawn in by her beautiful pictures of interiors and her gorgeous pug Borris. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice.

This is such a humbling, and heartbreaking read, it is beautifully written and at times will leave you with a hard lump in your throat or sobbing. Because by this point it was into the summer, I was a year and a bit after losing Teddy, and I felt so much stronger. Elle talks about her loss and that of her family’s journey with an openness and honesty that is very moving.And that may sound really silly, as I know the name is ‘Mother’: If you give birth to a child you are that child’s mother regardless of whether that child is here or not. But your views on fertility treatment when you first started talking about it where really disrespectful and harsh. I’ve followed Elle on Instagram for quite some time now, so was already aware of her story and the devestating loss of baby Teddy when I bought this book.

This book was sometimes difficult to read and I often found myself bursting into tears of sympathy but it has taught me so much. This was recommended by another mum so we have read it to ensure that it will support our mummies and daddies should we recommend. Please whatever you do send them a heart emoji, I don’t even care, just send them something that shows that you are there, and whether they want to talk to you now, or they want to talk to you in a few months time when they’re feeling they can talk to people again, just let them know you’re there. You’re not going to spring back to your happy old self, you’re never going to be that person, obviously, your entire view of how you’d planned things to go in your life, it hasn’t happened that way.But if somebody loses a child we don’t actually have a word for that; probably because it’s never really been spoken about. This is a very good book for both those who have lost a baby and for those who care about someone who has. I was sobbing in some places and smiling in others, I wanted to give Elle a huge hug in many places, you can feel every emotion in this book and it is so beautifully well written. The overall book is written from the heart that it’s hard not to get emotionally attached as a reader.

She said, you know, ‘I want you to put as much of your humour into it, and I literally want it to be as if you were talking to a friend’.Elle, Nico, Teddy and Boris' journey has given me strength and everybody should take the time to read this book. I found this helpful even for me so I could better support my family after our loss- to know that we are not alone, to know that you can eventually have hope again and most importantly to create a legacy for our Ciro just like Elle did for Teddy. But it’s so tough for them because all their friends are experiencing a different type of motherhood, and they feel like their narrative of motherhood is not valid, or that it doesn’t matter, because it isn’t a thing that gets spoken about. The happiest day of Elle's life had turned into every parent's worst nightmare, and she had to let her beautiful baby boy go.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment