276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Wim Hof Method: Activate Your Potential, Transcend Your Limits

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Practice is the key. As is learning. And this book doesn’t quite pin down precisely what is needed. It’s like he’s trying to convince us that his method is real, and that it works, but he doesn’t quite show us what his method is. He gives us data and a lot of biography. He tells us how he came to his method and why he felt it was necessary. And it’s very convincing. I believe in what he says. I think he has found something, and he understands a crucial fact of human existence: none of us ever really discover our true potential. It’s about knowing your mind is a tool you can learn to intensify and invigorate when you need it,’ he says. If you already know who Wim Hof is, you may know much of his story already too. If you don't, and are curious about this remarkable man, this is as good an introduction as you're likely to find. The Wim Hof Method: Own Your Mind, Master Your Biology, and Activate Your Full Human Potential is, perhaps not suprisingly, repetitive and peppered with all kinds of mysticism and pseudo-science. Hof’s story has inspired people throughout the world to push their limits and achieve things they never thought were possible.

The athlete and motivational speaker developed the Wim Hof Method and has become a global cultural phenomenon. Over time, our relationship with the world we live in has changed. Our lifestyles have disconnected us from the natural environment. The Fundamentals course is an online course that teaches you the Wim Hof Method through a series of fun and easy instructional videos.Wim has become known as “The Iceman” for his astounding physical feats, such as spending hours in freezing water and running barefoot marathons over deserts and ice fields. Yet his most remarkable achievement is not any record-breaking performance―it is the creation of a method that thousands of people have used to transform their lives.

The Iceman' Wim Hof shares his remarkable life story and powerful method for supercharging your health and happiness. Refined over forty years and championed by scientists across the globe, you'll learn how to harness three key elements of Cold, Breathing and Mindset to take ownership over your own mind and wellbeing. On reflection, "the mission" Wim is on, is to bring spirituality (and it's associated wellbeing) into a form that everyday people can access easily and benefit from. InThe Wim Hof Method, this trailblazer of human potential shares his simple three-pillar approach thatanyonecan use to improve health and performance - and see real results within just a few days. The only definitive book authored by Wim Hof on his powerful method for realizing our physical and spiritual potential. This book fortifies that the mind is the most powerful tool we possess; however, very few use it like Mr. Wim Hof. A positive and persuasive read.”— Ant Middleton, British adventurer

Wim Hof has a message for each of us: “You can literally do the impossible. You can overcome disease, improve your mental health and physical performance, and even control your physiology so you can thrive in freezing temperatures.” With The Wim Hof Method, this trailblazer of human potential shares a method that anyone can use—not just extreme athletes or spiritual masters—to supercharge your capacity for strength, health, and happiness. We’re in the kitchen now. Hof offered coffee but then it was forgotten, lost in monologue. His eldest son, Enahm, drops in and re-offers, apologising for the instant coffee. His dad is a terrible cook, he says; when they were kids, he would give them pasta with tomato ketchup. Hof eats once a day, simple food, vegetables. Leeks are a favourite, with salt. Wim Hof is a legend. It's hard to read books that are about people larger than life, because at least for myself I constantly doubt that what he was able to do applies to common mortals such as myself. As you probably would imagine, he spends a significant part of the book reminding the reader that they could in fact do these things as well... but isn't that the pattern?

Not now, Wim, can I get out please? I was thinking maybe a second for every year of my life, so a little under a minute in total … He keeps me in for 90, after which I stagger out and straight into the sauna. Better recognized as The Iceman, Hof is a Dutch motivational speaker and extreme athlete recognized for his capability of resisting exceptionally low temperatures. Wim believes cold showers improve what he calls the ‘muscular tone of our vascular system’ and because cold is a stressor, ‘if you can control your body’s response to it, you can control stress in any form’.Because of this disconnection, our age-old survival mechanisms are no longer triggered and we’ve lost touch with our inner power. Wim believes that EVERYONE is capable of doing the same exceptional things his body allows him to do. That’s why he developed the Wim Hof Method - a combination of breathing exercises, cold therapy and commitment - to give YOU the tools to take control over your body. As he began feeling that his life had lost meaning, he started to swim in ice-cold rivers to numb his pain. Breath—Wim’s unique practices to change your body chemistry, infuse yourself with energy, and focus your mind

Hof, in emotional agony, as well as facing bringing up four children himself with very little money, found some comfort in cold water, in the canyons around Pamplona. “I found that going into cold water stops whatever is going on in your mind, you’ve got to survive in cold water, it is merciless, but righteous.” It helped him heal, and he began to think it could help others heal, too. And the seeds of the Wim Hof Method were born. Gradually extend your exposure every day until you can handle two minutes in the cold. You just improved your metabolic efficiency, regulated your hormones, further reduced inflammation and are enjoying the endorphins released in response to the cold. Wim Hoff is quite the enigma. I have no doubt that he is quite insane and also quite brilliant. It is clear to me that the two walk hand in hand.Put in the simplest of terms, the Wim Hof Method® is a way to keep your body and mind in its optimal natural state. If you had to read one book on how to feel great, this is it. I’m so glad Wim’s techniques have been summarized in such an easy-to-digest way. I’ve been doing his method religiously because it works.” ― Jesse Itzler, serial entrepreneur, bestselling author, endurance athlete, and an owner of the Atlanta Hawks Hof met his first wife, Olaya, from the Basque country in Spain, while living in a squat in Amsterdam. Enahm was born, they became a family and got by on very little money. They had three more children and spent time living in a Basque village. For most of our evolutionary history, a merciless natural environment automatically did this for us: sub-zero temperatures, howling winds and hungry wolves kept our muscles and veins supple, and our minds sharp and clear. We’ve got a range of ways for you to immerse yourself in the Wim Hof Method®; learn from home with our online video courses; get in-person coaching from a local certified instructor; be part of a life-changing retreat; or experience Wim Hof live.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment