276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Create-A-Treat Medium Gingerbread House Kit 769g | Christmas | Gift | Family | Seasonal | Children | Party | Build-your-own

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ideally, you’ll want to cover the gingerbread house with something, a large plastic container or bowl might work. Try turning it upside down next to your house to see if the house will fit inside. If you want to get ahead you could make the gingerbread house and freeze the pieces flat, keeping them in the freezer for up to a month before thawing and constructing the house. The decoration is all down to your tastes too, I’ve kept our gingerbread house quite low key this year with just a few bright and bold chocolate drops. But you can go to town if you like and make a real Hansel and Gretel house. Below you can see the un-boxed and unwrapped view of the gingerbread house kit with everything included laid out.

The gingerbread house kit serving size is 1/48 kit (31 g). There are about 48 servings per container. 130 calories per serving. 25 calories from fat per serving. Remove any cans that are inside the house, then place the two roof pieces in position. Pipe a line of icing along the top and hold in place for a minute or so until the roof feels secure and doesn't slide if released. Fun Factor: Gingerbread houses can make a great piece of decor, but most importantly, they should be a fun experience for everyone. “The fun factor is key,” Benjamin stresses. “Your child might enjoy it more if it’s a Pokemon-themed gingerbread house kit rather than an elaborate, bespoke house you buy from the fancy bakery, and that’s OK. You should buy the kit that will help you create the best memories and that will delight you when it’s complete.” Look for something kids can actually work on according to their age, and also maybe a theme that will get them excited.Silicone moulds are great to have for baking as you can create some excellent shapes without the hassle of templates. Silicone is also great because you can use it for setting things like chocolate as well as baking with. As we’re not reheating this once it's been defrosted it's important to defrost slowly at a low temperature. Find a cool spot in the kitchen to leave the gingerbread house to thaw out, this should take a few hours. Can I make this easy, super-detailed gingerbread house in a different quantity? We love that this kit makes it easy for kids with food allergies to create a gingerbread house—everything is pre-made, so it’s easy to assemble. The price is a little steep for the deluxe option, but if you choose to use your own candies and icing, you can pay less for the basic option, which doesn’t come with either. If ingredient quality is important to you, though, this is a great choice. Once the gingerbread is cooled and crisp make the royal icing by placing the icing sugar, cream of tartar and egg whites in a bowl and whisking until well combined. Transfer to a piping bag and snip 1/2 cm (1/4 inch) off the end of the bag. When making and constructing the house ahead, once the decorations have set make sure to cover the gingerbread house as best you can to keep it fresh and ready for serving the next day. Can I keep this easy, super-detailed gingerbread house in the refrigerator?

I haven’t tried this recipe using gluten-free flour yet, but give it a go if you want to make this recipe gluten-free.

International delivery

Sensitive Sweets Bakery specializes in desserts that are allergy-friendly, and this gingerbread kit is vegan and free of gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, coconut, oats, and sesame. It's also the gingerbread kit we ranked highest in taste in our tests. We found most gingerbread kits offer just average taste, but this one really wowed us—in fact, it tasted homemade.

Lovingly made in Germany based on a traditional Christmas recipe, this D.I.Y Gingerbread House kit gives the whole family an opportunity to get creative this festive season. With pre-cut pieces of gingerbread ready to be assembled, includes ready-made icing and colourful sweets for decoration.This gingerbread house will keep for up to 5 days, make sure to cover your gingerbread house, with an upturned container or food wrap. It’s important to cover the house to stop the biscuits from going stale. Can I leave this easy, super-detailed gingerbread house out on the counter? Use the paddle attachment and run the mixer on low to medium until everything is combined. You might need to scrape down the sides of the bowl as you go to make sure everything is incorporated well.

I’ve used wheat-based plain flour to make my gingerbread house so this would not be suitable for someone who needs to avoid gluten in their diet. When you put the biscuit mixture into the moulds, do so slowly and give them a gentle tap or wobble to help reduce the number of air bubbles trapped at the bottom.For this recipe, I’m using royal icing made with raw egg white to hold the gingerbread house together and decorate it. In the UK eggs made to the Red Lion code are produced to a very high food standard, and the risk of salmonella is very low.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment