276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Think Like a Monk: The secret of how to harness the power of positivity and be happy now

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Mudita is the principle of taking sympathetic or unselfish joy in the good fortune of others. If I only find joy in my own successes, I’m limiting my joy. But if I can take pleasure in the successes of my friends and family—ten, twenty, fifty people!—I get to experience fifty times the happiness and joy. Who doesn’t want that?” Your breathing changes with your emotions. Controlled breathing is an immediate way to shift your energy on the fly. One criticism of the book is the simplifications it makes. For instance, while meditation is a beneficial activity, it can also trigger negative insights for some people. Editor’s Note Despite this inclination, if you do not stop and listen to yourself, external factors will guide you. The music, videos, and news will be the means providing you with your purpose.

Think Like a Monk by Jay Shetty: Book Review and Summary Think Like a Monk by Jay Shetty: Book Review and Summary

In 1902, the sociologist Charles Horton Cooley wrote: “I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.” How you spend your time reveals your values. If you say family is a major value, but you spend all your time playing golf, then you need to do some self-examination.These personal stories are insightful and eye-opening. They paint a picture on what being a Vedic monk is like and what thoughts go through a new monk’s mind. There is no measure of success, no goal, and no end to a mediation practice. Don’t look for results. Just keep doing it. . . . The first sign that you’re doing it right is that you’ll miss it if you take a break.” Treat yourself with the same love and respect you would show others. We say things to ourselves that we would never say to people we love.

Think Like A Monk | Jay Shetty | Book Review | Self-Help Think Like A Monk | Jay Shetty | Book Review | Self-Help

When we tune out the opinions, expectations, and obligations of the world around us, we begin to hear ourselves. Implement the 25/75 principle. For every negative person in your life, have three uplifting people. Try to surround yourself with people who are better than you in someway. This is a career-oriented blog and as you progress through your career, an ego may start developing. When you get that new promotion or a big bonus, you may want to puff your chest out and feel proud. Remember, saying whatever we want, whenever we want, however we want, is not freedom. Real freedom is not feeling the need to say these things.”

Real greatness is when you use your own achievements to teach others, and they learn how to teach others, and the greatness that you accomplished expands exponentially. You are not at the end of your last journey when you choose purpose over projects. Instead, you are at the beginning of who you’re going to become. StoryShot #3: Pursue Higher Values The goal of monk thinking is a life free of ego, envy, lust, anxiety, anger, bitterness, and baggage. The more we can evaluate, understand, train, and strengthen our relationship with the mind, the more successfully we can navigate our lives and overcome challenges. Jay Shetty is a storyteller, podcaster and former monk. Jay's vision is to Make Wisdom Go Viral. He is on a mission to share the timeless wisdom of the world in an accessible, relevant and practical way. Jay has created over 400 viral videos with over 5 billion views, and hosts the #1 Health and Wellness podcast in the world, 'On Purpose'.

Think Like a Monk Summary | Jay Shetty - StoryShots Think Like a Monk Summary | Jay Shetty - StoryShots

The ego doesn’t want to be better. It wants to be seen as better. It wants you to bluff through life, pretending to be someone you are not. If you don’t break your ego, life will break it for you. Humility allows us to understand our weaknesses and wants to improve. Negativity is a trait, not someone’s identity. A person’s true nature can be obscured by clouds, but, like the sun, it is always there. And clouds can overcome any of us. We have to understand this when we deal with people who exude negative energy. Just like we wouldn’t want someone to judge us by our worst moments, we must be careful not to do that to others. When someone hurts you, it’s because they’re hurt. Their hurt is simply spilling over. They need help. And as the Dalai Lama says, “If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.” Implementing his advice may give you the courage to start taking leaps of faith that your previous self would not take. Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. —the Dalai Lama” Life gets busy. Has Think Like a Monk been gathering dust on your bookshelf? Instead, learn the key insights now.Shetty introduces an acronym of TIME. The T stands for thankfulness. Try to find a moment daily to be thankful and truly grateful for the things you have in your life. The I stands for insight. Try to find some time for insight during your day. Do so by listening to a podcast while commuting or listening to an audio book while traveling. These mediums will help your brain to grow and keep active. This can improve the quality of your life and well-being. M stands for meditation. You don’t have to engage in prolonged meditation sessions. Instead, try to find 2 minutes each day to focus on meditation. A short amount of meditation will allow you to keep calm and provide you with mental clarity. Finally, E stands for exercise. Merely 15 minutes of exercise each morning will help you to feel energized when you need it. StoryShot #11: Stop Feeding Your Mind With Negative Information You have to develop a practice before you know what you’re missing. But too often, we focus on the results, the dopamine rush of achievement. Build your new habits and meditate without trying to measure success. Let it become a natural part of life than a progress report. The monk mindset means that you stop spinning wheels and begin to live intentionally. It is commitment to a mission, vision, or goal, and the pursuit of meaning over pleasure. The lessons monks learn are profound but often abstract. Shetty transforms them into advice and exercises we can all apply to reduce stress, improve focus, improve relationships, identify our hidden abilities, increase self-discipline and give the gifts we find in ourselves to the world. Shetty proves that everyone can - and should - think like a monk.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment